Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers Activate Mike Neal, Cut Phillip Merling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little off topic..but we will be dealing with this situation again when Sherrod is healthy, no? I'm very much anticipating it cuz no me gusta casa nueva. When is Sherrod expected to be ready to play? Any news on his progress?

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
A little off topic..but we will be dealing with this situation again when Sherrod is healthy, no? I'm very much anticipating it cuz no me gusta casa nueva. When is Sherrod expected to be ready to play? Any news on his progress?

For players coming off of PUP, I believe there is a three week roster exemption where they're allowed to practice with the team. So we should expect him back some time between week 7 and week 10.
JCamGOPACKGO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:

For players coming off of PUP, I believe there is a three week roster exemption where they're allowed to practice with the team. So we should expect him back some time between week 7 and week 10.

Thanks

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:

Newhouse isn't a good starting left tackle but, he'll be a nice swing player. Question is, is Sherrod that much of an upgrade to tinker with the line?

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:

Newhouse isn't a good starting left tackle but, he'll be a nice swing player. Question is, is Sherrod that much of an upgrade to tinker with the line?

I doubt it. He was a rookie with no offseason last year, and hurt all offseason this year. He has potential, but he has to be so raw and rusty it will probably take most of the rest of the season from when he does come back just to get him in playing shape. Maybe next year, but I doubt this year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
justo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Question is, is Sherrod that much of an upgrade to tinker with the line?
I mean we have to, right? We can't just have Sherrod sit on the bench as a first round pick.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
I mean we have to, right? We can't just have Sherrod sit on the bench as a first round pick.

We probably will until next TC unless Newhouse really mails it in this year.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
justo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

You guys think so? Damn I've been off this whole time then Laughing I thought he was going to be a plug and play as soon as he got healthy. You figure if a G gets hurt though we bound Newhouse in and let Sherrod play T.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

You guys think so? Damn I've been off this whole time then Laughing I thought he was going to be a plug and play as soon as he got healthy. You figure if a G gets hurt though we bound Newhouse in and let Sherrod play T.

You'd be far more likely to see Sherrod at G than Newhouse imo. Newhouse is really a T only.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
justo wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

You'd be far more likely to see Sherrod at G than Newhouse imo. Newhouse is really a T only.

EDS might get the call in that situation depending on the severity of the injury. I think his floor at G might be the highest of the three. I think I'd trust him the most to get us out of a game (or two) at guard right now out of the three.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
spilltray wrote:
justo wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:
justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

EDS might get the call in that situation depending on the severity of the injury. I think his floor at G might be the highest of the three. I think I'd trust him the most to get us out of a game (or two) at guard right now out of the three.

Yeah I agree was just making the point that Newhouse to G really isn't an option. He either plays outside or he doesn't play, imo.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold up, hold up, whoa there hasn't Newhouse played G for us before? I'm pretty sure he did at least in the preseason at some point

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Hold up, hold up, whoa there hasn't Newhouse played G for us before? I'm pretty sure he did at least in the preseason at some point

Very briefly and looked so awful he was quickly moved to T only and hasn't seen a snap at G since.
ayt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
justo wrote:

Very briefly and looked so awful he was quickly moved to T only and hasn't seen a snap at G since.

It was only the first two games of the preseason his rookie year, IIRC. I also think he played both G and T in that second game.

I only remember because I was so impressed by his feet for a guy drafted that late.
jmoney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neal was a bright spot on Sunday. He looks to have dropped weight, and with his frame not being maxed out he looked very quick and agile. I don't know if he'll hold up against the run, as he looks to be playing at about 285 lbs, but he's still definitely strong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: