Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LaQuan Lewis Released; Kowala returns (guess)?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WareWolf94


Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 5509
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, I love how people kill a guy for using injuries or not starting as an excuse, but then automatically assume these Rookies are good players.

Pretentious and Hypocritical.

What makes you think Konz will ever crack the starting lineup?

As a matter of fact alot of you had him as 1st rd talent and he fell, I'd rather not take your opinion on talent.

And who's to say DeCastro will be as good after the Knee injury? He sure as hell wasn't impressive beforehand, I watched every single Steelers preseason game and he was average.
_________________


Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20351
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
Ha, I love how people kill a guy for using injuries or not starting as an excuse, but then automatically assume these Rookies are good players.

Pretentious and Hypocritical.

What makes you think Konz will ever crack the starting lineup?

As a matter of fact alot of you had him as 1st rd talent and he fell, I'd rather not take your opinion on talent.


How is it "pretentious and hypocritical", exactly, to challenge a statement that a guy is a bust because he got hurt on another team, thus "proving" we shouldn't have made the selection, when he was widely considered one of the best players to come out of college at that position in over a decade? The pretentious and hypocritical statement was the original one, not the one questioning it.

And to let you know, a great many pundits had Jason Witten - a 3rd round pick - as a 1st round candidate. Many considered him a top 20 pick because he was widely considered to be the most complete TE in the draft; better than Dallas Clark who went 24th overall, and yet he fell to the third round anyway. How did that work out? Wouldn't it be reasonable to say that a talented player can slip in the draft and still go on to have a very productive NFL career? If you say no, then I'll provide you with one name other than Jason Witten to prove my point: Roger Staubach. Let's move on.

Those same pundits had guys like JaMarcus Russell and Vince Young as top 3 picks. How did they work out? Does this mean that we should only listen to a pundit and not use our own assessment and eye witness evaluation of a player to help shape our opinion? Many of us went on record those years and spoke out - loudly - against both VY and JaMarcus Russell because of how poorly their skill sets transferred to the NFL. But, our assessments were totally off base, right?

Quote:
And who's to say DeCastro will be as good after the Knee injury? He sure as hell wasn't impressive beforehand, I watched every single Steelers preseason game and he was average.


Yes, you can certainly judge a lot by a preseason game, especially since the Steelers run an identical offensive system to Dallas. Rolling Eyes

Is there a reason why you insist on comparing apples to oranges? Think of it this way: Drew Brees is a 5,000 yard passer in New Orleans based on that system and offensive line. How do you think he'd fare on our team? Wouldn't it be reasonable to say that his numbers would be significantly lower because he wouldn't have the same opportunities? Or do you consider every player at every position on every team in every offensive system to be totally interchangeable? Because if you do, then no player would ever be any better or worse when he jumps to a different team because the variables would be the same. We all know that is not the case.

The only accurate point in this part of your post is the unknown factor of how he'll come back from injury. No one ever knows how a player will recover from an injury. Some come back better than they were before, some come back the same, some never recover. And the other factor is, of course, time. The duration of recovery time varies as well. DeCastro is in a better position because he's young, which gives him a much greater chance to make a full recovery, but we won't know for sure until he plays football again.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WareWolf94


Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 5509
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point is you are piling on a guy for using the unknown as an argument, while you all are clearly doing the same thing, you're just on the other side of the fence. (hypocritical)

You can't automatically assume Konz or DeCastro would be better suited than Claiborne until they actually play a snap.

Pundits have been wrong before. The chances of missing on 1st and 2nd rd picks are just as good as making good ones.

It's pretentious that you think you're viewpoints are obviously better than others. Its really not even that. Its the way you come off like a spoiled rich kid who doesn't get their way, and then you [inappropriate/removed] about it all year.
_________________


Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20351
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
My point is you are piling on a guy for using the unknown as an argument, while you all are clearly doing the same thing, you're just on the other side of the fence. (hypocritical)

You can't automatically assume Konz or DeCastro would be better suited than Claiborne until they actually play a snap.

Pundits have been wrong before. The chances of missing on 1st and 2nd rd picks are just as good as making good ones.

It's pretentious that you think you're viewpoints are obviously better than others. Its really not even that. Its the way you come off like a spoiled rich kid who doesn't get their way, and then you [inappropriate/removed] about it all year.


How about this? Try paying attention to who is right and who is wrong. I'm proven right year after year while people continually try to convince me that my "negativity", "arrogance", "elitism", etc. are horrible things. Yet, their "facts" and opinions are disputed by the organization every season. Being right matters a lot more than anything else.

If you disagree with what I say, then refute my statements and prove me wrong. My record for being correct greatly outweighs the times when I'm not. And, I also openly admit when I'm wrong every time it happens. It just doesn't happen often.

So call me "spoiled". I'll call myself correct.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 26596
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
My point is you are piling on a guy for using the unknown as an argument, while you all are clearly doing the same thing, you're just on the other side of the fence. (hypocritical)

You can't automatically assume Konz or DeCastro would be better suited than Claiborne until they actually play a snap.

Pundits have been wrong before. The chances of missing on 1st and 2nd rd picks are just as good as making good ones.

It's pretentious that you think you're viewpoints are obviously better than others. Its really not even that. Its the way you come off like a spoiled rich kid who doesn't get their way, and then you [inappropriate/removed] about it all year.


How about this? Try paying attention to who is right and who is wrong. I'm proven right year after year while people continually try to convince me that my "negativity", "arrogance", "elitism", etc. are horrible things. Yet, their "facts" and opinions are disputed by the organization every season. Being right matters a lot more than anything else.

If you disagree with what I say, then refute my statements and prove me wrong. My record for being correct greatly outweighs the times when I'm not. And, I also openly admit when I'm wrong every time it happens. It just doesn't happen often.

So call me "spoiled". I'll call myself correct.


Plan...I don't remember what you do for a living, but why don't you tag team with Slam and file a lawsuit against Jerruh for emotional damages on behalf of us Cowboy fans?
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20351
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
My point is you are piling on a guy for using the unknown as an argument, while you all are clearly doing the same thing, you're just on the other side of the fence. (hypocritical)

You can't automatically assume Konz or DeCastro would be better suited than Claiborne until they actually play a snap.

Pundits have been wrong before. The chances of missing on 1st and 2nd rd picks are just as good as making good ones.

It's pretentious that you think you're viewpoints are obviously better than others. Its really not even that. Its the way you come off like a spoiled rich kid who doesn't get their way, and then you [inappropriate/removed] about it all year.


How about this? Try paying attention to who is right and who is wrong. I'm proven right year after year while people continually try to convince me that my "negativity", "arrogance", "elitism", etc. are horrible things. Yet, their "facts" and opinions are disputed by the organization every season. Being right matters a lot more than anything else.

If you disagree with what I say, then refute my statements and prove me wrong. My record for being correct greatly outweighs the times when I'm not. And, I also openly admit when I'm wrong every time it happens. It just doesn't happen often.

So call me "spoiled". I'll call myself correct.


Plan...I don't remember what you do for a living, but why don't you tag team with Slam and file a lawsuit against Jerruh for emotional damages on behalf of us Cowboy fans?


As great an idea as that is, I don't think it would work out well. Otherwise, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit, and Arizona fans would all file retroactive lawsuits for back damages and pain and suffering for decades of futility.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The_Slamman


Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 13183
Location: Las Vegas, NV
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
My point is you are piling on a guy for using the unknown as an argument, while you all are clearly doing the same thing, you're just on the other side of the fence. (hypocritical)

You can't automatically assume Konz or DeCastro would be better suited than Claiborne until they actually play a snap.

Pundits have been wrong before. The chances of missing on 1st and 2nd rd picks are just as good as making good ones.

It's pretentious that you think you're viewpoints are obviously better than others. Its really not even that. Its the way you come off like a spoiled rich kid who doesn't get their way, and then you [inappropriate/removed] about it all year.


See, Des, this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Plan9 expressed a valid opinion which happened to be negative toward the organization. One of 4 thereafter calls him hypocritical, pretentious and a spoiled rich kid... Clearly attacking the poster in typical militant fashion.

So, apparently the word apologist is now taboo, but hypocritical, pretentious and spoiled are still okay. Good to know.
_________________
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.


Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 26596
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
My point is you are piling on a guy for using the unknown as an argument, while you all are clearly doing the same thing, you're just on the other side of the fence. (hypocritical)

You can't automatically assume Konz or DeCastro would be better suited than Claiborne until they actually play a snap.

Pundits have been wrong before. The chances of missing on 1st and 2nd rd picks are just as good as making good ones.

It's pretentious that you think you're viewpoints are obviously better than others. Its really not even that. Its the way you come off like a spoiled rich kid who doesn't get their way, and then you [inappropriate/removed] about it all year.


See, Des, this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Plan9 expressed a valid opinion which happened to be negative toward the organization. One of 4 thereafter calls him hypocritical, pretentious and a spoiled rich kid... Clearly attacking the poster in typical militant fashion.

So, apparently the word apologist is now taboo, but hypocritical, pretentious and spoiled are still okay. Good to know.


No, it's not okay...and I let him know it.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group