Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

October 6th ANNOUNCEMENT: Please Read
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: October 6th ANNOUNCEMENT: Please Read Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

In light of recent developments I think it's time to reflect upon ourselves as a forum.

The part of what makes the Philadelphia Eagles forum great is that we are able to balance the fun, interpersonal relationships with the quality posting and discussion we strive for.

Every so often that balance gets out of proportion, and we must all make a collective effort to restore it. Some might prefer a place where everything and anything goes, but once that happens we lose the quality of posting and the quality posters will go someplace else.

On the contrary, a place where things are strictly done by the rules and any and all deviations are quickly met with a ruler across the knuckles isn't exactly a place we want to be either.

Over the past few weeks I believe we've been pretty lenient and lax with the rules. This was mainly to promote forum growth and activity after the traditionally long lull in the off-season. With that, though, we have been sacrificing quality which has led to some problems.

Remember, we have TAET for off-topic talk and non-thread related topics. If you REALLY have to respond to someone with off-topic stuff in an Eagles-related thread, do so in TAET. Also, if you're just posting for the sake of posting or you're just really lonely, keep it for TAET as well, but don't post-pad or junk post even in TAET.

I think as a collective we should make an effort to restore the quality of this forum.

If there are ANY concerns regarding this topic or other ways to improve the forum, please contact either myself, Eagles_808, or Nabbs4u at any time and we will do our best to address them.

Thanks, and enjoy your Sunday.

Edit: I will leave this thread unlocked if anyone has anything to say publicly.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69

Last edited by Phire on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
oland11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the title should have TAET in it?...

And looks like I won't be able to have conversations with myself anymore during school Sad
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I ninja pirate think it is getting out of hand, it's pretty bad.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Maybe the title should have TAET in it?...

And looks like I won't be able to have conversations with myself anymore during school Sad

This is a problem that isn't limited to TAET.

There used to be a time when the forum had no TAET and off-topic talk in Eagles threads were met with WARNINGS.

The current moderation regime has no interest in such ruling. But for that to be successful we need to self-moderate, which means restraining from turning the entire forum into TAET.

You're welcome to talk during school, but keep it in TAET and make posts that people can reply to. With the many overseas posters and the technological advances of our era people are online 24/7. If you want to hold a discussion with them, do so in TAET. If you have a meaningful, thoughtful post about the Eagles, do so in one of the threads or make a new thread.

That is all!

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's has been a problem since the whole #400k thing really, we were at a nice happy medium before that. Where we could venture slightly off topic but it all veered back to the conversation at hand rather quickly. Not saying that's the reason for everything...but it seemed to be the start..

We really don't need to post pad the way some people have been, and I think that's the root of our issues. There's times where I don't even bother looking at past pages to get caught up anymore because they are usually filled with just emoticons, one word posts, people talking to themselves and other dumb things that don't need to be posted. Webby has always been kinda vague at where post padding begins but we have a few people who crossed the line awhile ago. Is it cool when we pass milestones together? Yea...would I like to beat those basement dwelling cheese eaters? Of course....but it kinda cheapens it when we do and ruins the forum along the way if a large majority is crap . I'm not even gonna get into stuff that's been posted because I haven't seen it all....but we (and really all of FF) have been on or over that line more and more it seems.

I feel like I'm being too serious with what I wrote, largely we've always been a fun forum and I don't want that to change at all (and become souless like the giants forum) ...it's just if we don't fix it amongst ourselves we have Webby to deal with. Personally I'd prefer not to be temple-of-doomed by him if we can help it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure I understand what's the issue here, too much TAET and not enough substance?
Phire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
I'm not quite sure I understand what's the issue here, too much TAET and not enough substance?

Too much of TAET has escaped the confines of TAET. It makes the football threads less worth reading.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Meco wrote:

Too much of TAET has escaped the confines of TAET. It makes the football threads less worth reading.

I agree.

The occasional diversion is ok, but when it lasts a number of pages and distracts people from the actual topic in hand it has gone too far.

We all need to make be actively aware of this and move conversations to TAET if deemed off topic.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's important to remember that TAET is a privilege not a right and should be treated as such.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kiltman's right that a big part of the problem was the jokey OTT off-topicness of #400k... it was for that milestone and most people understood that. However that atmosphere seems to have never shaken, when it should have almost immediately after.

Which isn't to say I don't indulge like the rest, I do. I think there needs to be a conscientious effort to steer threads back on topic if they're off, and to keep the really ridiculous stuff contained in TAET.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
Phire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the previous posts.

And by all means, everyone, this isn't a punishment and nobody is being called out, it's a direction this forum has been heading in for a while and I think as a group we have to admit it would be nice to find that golden medium that Kiltman mentioned.

Just keep TAET, in TAET.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
It's has been a problem since the whole #400k thing really, we were at a nice happy medium before that. Where we could venture slightly off topic but it all veered back to the conversation at hand rather quickly. Not saying that's the reason for everything...but it seemed to be the start..

We really don't need to post pad the way some people have been, and I think that's the root of our issues. There's times where I don't even bother looking at past pages to get caught up anymore because they are usually filled with just emoticons, one word posts, people talking to themselves and other dumb things that don't need to be posted. Webby has always been kinda vague at where post padding begins but we have a few people who crossed the line awhile ago. Is it cool when we pass milestones together? Yea...would I like to beat those basement dwelling cheese eaters? Of course....but it kinda cheapens it when we do and ruins the forum along the way if a large majority is crap . I'm not even gonna get into stuff that's been posted because I haven't seen it all....but we (and really all of FF) have been on or over that line more and more it seems.

I feel like I'm being too serious with what I wrote, largely we've always been a fun forum and I don't want that to change at all (and become souless like the giants forum) ...it's just if we don't fix it amongst ourselves we have Webby to deal with. Personally I'd prefer not to be temple-of-doomed by him if we can help it.

Not too serious at all. Perfect post describing the situation.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused here, so are what you saying is that lately TAET talk has been going on in forums such as "GDT" or "News Thread," but that our TAET is fine and people can keep doing what they're doing there, they just need to exclusively keep it in there?
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
I'm a little confused here, so are what you saying is that lately TAET talk has been going on in forums such as "GDT" or "News Thread," but that our TAET is fine and people can keep doing what they're doing there, they just need to exclusively keep it in there?

It's a bit of both. TAET stuff going out of TAET and some of the content has been a little inappropriate.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Phire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

Yes, TAET talk needs to stay out of Eagles threads. That includes anything that doesn't pertain to the topic. It floods the threads with stupid talk that dilutes the quality of the discussion.

TAET needs to be toned down as well, we've gotten away from the rules there. The rules are set by Webby, and need to be adhered to or else he will personally exert punishment over the entire forum.

People need to be reminded TAET is on its second chance. It took months and persuasion after it was banned to get it back.

There will NOT be a third chance, and if TAET is banned again, this place will never be the same. We need to take care of TAET the same way we would our prized car.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: