Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders need draft Geno Smith, Bray, Or Matt Barkley next.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Unless Palmer is let go, the Raiders won't wait until the 3rd to address the defense IMO. They'll have a great chance at a few dominate defensive prospects if they finish around the top 5.

If we finish with a top ten pick don't we kinda have to take a franchise QB though? We will have a lot of defensive upgrades in free agency before the draft, and we probably won't go into the draft looking to fill needs.

Drafting for need is not reggie's style.

If he stays true to his greenbay style we will get a QB if he thinks a franchise QB is available. And plus he is a new Gm and getting a real franchise guy will make his job a lot easier. Spending 5 picks on defense may not help this team as much as a QB would, the new blood and hope. And it would also energize a struggling franchise and fan base.

It makes sense on the field and at the ticket office.

Imagine if we had Aaron Rodgers, we would probably also be getting a new stadium. Peyton practically built lucas oil stadium keeping that team elite in the NFL with a limited market. Having a markee name has many other implications such as exposure, marketing deals and prime time games, something a guy like Palmer or a defensive player simply can't garner.
macklemore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Unless Palmer is let go, the Raiders won't wait until the 3rd to address the defense IMO. They'll have a great chance at a few dominate defensive prospects if they finish around the top 5.

I see us trading down most likely, we dont have a second round pick and we have more holes then swiss cheese.

I would actually prefer to trade down multiple times maybe even out of the first, we need all the picks we can get. I would love to have two 1sts and two 2nds next year.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas-West Virginia game is pretty crazy. Okafor and Jeffcoat in the backfield a lot. Geno has 2 fumbles but is making some tight throws on 3rd down.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Darkness wrote:

If we finish with a top ten pick don't we kinda have to take a franchise QB though? We will have a lot of defensive upgrades in free agency before the draft, and we probably won't go into the draft looking to fill needs.

Drafting for need is not reggie's style.

If he stays true to his greenbay style we will get a QB if he thinks a franchise QB is available. And plus he is a new Gm and getting a real franchise guy will make his job a lot easier. Spending 5 picks on defense may not help this team as much as a QB would, the new blood and hope. And it would also energize a struggling franchise and fan base.

It makes sense on the field and at the ticket office.

Imagine if we had Aaron Rodgers, we would probably also be getting a new stadium. Peyton practically built lucas oil stadium keeping that team elite in the NFL with a limited market. Having a markee name has many other implications such as exposure, marketing deals and prime time games, something a guy like Palmer or a defensive player simply can't garner.

Nope. I think Geno Smith will be the only QB the front office likes enough to pass on a defensive prospect for. With the defensive prospects that will be available, the Raiders will have the chance to draft for value at needs positions.

The Raiders are doing fine at selling tickets right now. Regardless of who's starting at QB, putting a winning product on the field is the only way to guarantee attendance. You should be worried about the Raiders building a winning team, and not the most popular/profitable one.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People were saying Geno Smith wouldn't stand up to Texas's defense tonight and not only did he, but he did it in style and beat them down. He would be a great addition to the Raiders and I'd love to see someone say otherwise. People need to get off the hate bandwagon, and start appreciating. We have a chance to snatch a first round franchise QB who has a lot of talent and growth potential. Our defense is bad, but Green Bay went 15-1 last year with a terrible defense. We need to fix our scoring less offense problems to help out our defense..

Last edited by FootballProdiG on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Totty

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
People were saying Geno Smith wouldn't stand up to Texas's defense tonight and not only did he, but he did it in style and beat them down. He would be a great addition to the Raiders and I'd love to see someone say otherwise. People need to get off the hate bandwagon, and stop appreciating. We have a chance to snatch a first round franchise QB who has a lot of talent and growth potential. Our defense is bad, but Green Bay went 15-1 last year with a terrible defense. We need to fix our scoring less offense problems to help out our defense..

I never said he wouldn't stand up to the Texas D. I said it would be his first test. He did well. But there is still a lot of talent he has to face coming up. I just dont know how I feel about the kid. How many times have we seen this wave of success end in disaster in the NFL? Forgive me for not jumping on the band wagon just yet, but I need to see more before I send him right to the S&B Hall of Fame.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno is by far the best QB this year. He's having a better year(so far) than what RG3 had last year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Over the years i noticed most good QB's don't come from big programs, most of the guys doing well come from small schools where they had a ton of adversity.

Just look at the top QB's most of them came from struggling programs.

Mannings ole miss, and Tennesse which are not the big dogs
Big Ben
Rivers
Rodgers
Brees
Flacco
Ryan
Luck
RG111
Vick

Thats some nice research there, pretty interesting. Although I would argue that Tennessee was a pretty successful team, they had like 9 straight top-20 years before Manning left. Regardless, I think you are on to something. Typically, the top dogs have great talent across the board and good coaching as well. A QB from a smaller program plays for a team that doesn't attract as many top recruits. It can say a lot about a QB who can put up good stats, play well, and win when he isn't playing with some of the best offensive players in the country.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
People were saying Geno Smith wouldn't stand up to Texas's defense tonight and not only did he, but he did it in style and beat them down. He would be a great addition to the Raiders and I'd love to see someone say otherwise. People need to get off the hate bandwagon, and start appreciating. We have a chance to snatch a first round franchise QB who has a lot of talent and growth potential. Our defense is bad, but Green Bay went 15-1 last year with a terrible defense. We need to fix our scoring less offense problems to help out our defense..

I say the Raiders should suck for Geno. He's the best College QB I ever saw.
He reads the defense on the fly and makes good decisions with the ball
Has a great arm and accuracy. What more can you ask for?
Rolni

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

Doesn't he run a pretty simple spread O?
That could cause problems...
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
bitty wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

Doesn't he run a pretty simple spread O?
That could cause problems...

He does but the entire systems is built off of audibles so he basically calls the entire game.
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Totty. I've seens way to many QB prospects miss and too few hit in my day. There's really so sure formula to determine who's going to be great in this league. I'll hop on the bandwagon once we have a rookie who is actually winning games for us consistently. If we pick a QB, I'll certainly be routing for him and I'll be optomistic, but if there's one constant it's how most top college QB's will fail (or not amount to much) once they get into the NFL.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
I'm with Totty. I've seens way to many QB prospects miss and too few hit in my day. There's really so sure formula to determine who's going to be great in this league. I'll hop on the bandwagon once we have a rookie who is actually winning games for us consistently. If we pick a QB, I'll certainly be routing for him and I'll be optomistic, but if there's one constant it's how most top college QB's will fail (or not amount to much) once they get into the NFL.

A good young quarterback is so important that it's worth taking the risk.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Not only is Smith gonna be gone by the time we pick (at this rate, he might be going number 1) but this logic is flawed. If you miss that QB prospect ala 2007, it sets you back FAR. IMO, we have to go defense w/ our first pick and there's really no debate.

PM sig requests.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
bitty wrote:
NickButera wrote:

Not only is Smith gonna be gone by the time we pick (at this rate, he might be going number 1) but this logic is flawed. If you miss that QB prospect ala 2007, it sets you back FAR. IMO, we have to go defense w/ our first pick and there's really no debate.

The Raiders could be competing for the #1 pick. They play Jacksonville and Cleveland. They lose those games, they will have the pick. They haven't shown they are any better than those teams.

Missing on QB pick now is not the same as in 2007. There isn't near the amount of guaranteed money thanks to the wage scale.

Lastly, there is a debate. You need a franchise QB in the NFL to be consistently successful. The Raiders also need a long term solution at QB. I won't care either way be it defense or QB. The Raiders team is lacking all the way around. They need to find TALENTED players on both sides of the ball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 11 of 24

Jump to: