Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Wk 5: Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots (4.25pm EST)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: GDT Wk 5: Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots (4.25pm EST) Reply with quote

(2-2) DENVER BRONCOS @(2-2) NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Time: 4.05pm EST

TV: CBS

Maybe the best QB rivalry of all time makes its return, as the Denver Broncos travel across the country to face Tom Brady and the New England Patriots. The Patriots recently bounced back from being under .500 for the first time since December 1759 (or close to that date), and the Broncos haven't had a great deal of success at Gillette Stadium of late.

Injury Report (Thursday) - New England:

DNP :-

CB Ras-I Dowling - non-injury-related
WR Julian Edelman - hand
S Steve Gregory - hip

Limited Participation :-

RB Brandon Bolden - knee
QB Tom Brady - right shoulder
DL Brandon Deaderick - ankle
DL Justin Francis - ankle
TE Rob Gronkowski - hip
TE Aaron Hernandez - ankle
LB Dont'a Hightower - hamstring
TE Michael Hoomanawanui - concussion
G Logan Mankins - shin/hip
OL Nick McDonald - shoulder
CB Sterling Moore - knee
RB Shane Vereen - foot
OT Sebastian Vollmer - back

Full Participation

DT Kyle Love - knee

Injury Report (Thursday) - Broncos:

Full Participation :-

CB Chris Harris - ankle
LB Nate Irving - concussion
G Chris Kuper - forearm
CB Tracy Porter - shoulder
WR Matt Willis - hamstring

lomaxgr's keys to the game

* Can the Broncos stop/limit the TE('s) of the Patriots?

It has been a problem for years for us Bronco fans. Since the evolution of the 'move' TE, it seems the Broncos have never had that hybrid Safety/LB who can matchup with these physical monsters we now see at TE. We have had decent success using Mike Adams in man coverage on TE's the past two weeks, but that is likely to change on Sunday. Adams isn't big enough to cope with Gronkowski by himself, so look for a LOT of chipping/re-routing to help Adams out. Aaron Hernandez is probably a bigger threat to our Defense than Gronk, as he is a true 'move' TE. We simply couldn't deal with the amount of flexibility he brought in the playoffs last year (TE, H-Back, RB ...) so him being injured may well be a rather substantial blessing for our Defense.

* Can Peyton still go toe to toe with a high powered Offense?

Sure, we had no punts last week, but we were up against a depleted Defense and an Offense that just isn't functioning at the moment. That won't be the case this weekend, where Tom Brady won't give us the head start that the Raiders allowed us to have. I actually think Willis McGahee will play a big part on Sunday, as we need to show the balance we showed in the 2nd half last week if we are to get the big plays on Offense.

* Can we make Tom Brady feel uncomfortable in the pocket?

Last week, we matched Elvis Dumervil up at LE vs RT Willie Smith and it worked like a dream. Elvis destroyed his man, but Sebastian Vollmer isn't Willie Smith. Will we move Elvis back to RE to try work on Nate Solder, or will we carry on moving him around? The key for me is trying to find a way to get interior pressure (for a change), so I expect to see us lining Von Miller over the Patriots LG/RG to try and find a way to prevent Brady stepping into throws.

Its a very tough game, and if we are in the game going into the 4th quarter I will be content to say the least. United on at 4pm (local time), El Classico (Barca vs Real Madrid) at 6.50pm and then Broncos vs Patriots at 9.25pm - I am NOT moving from 4pm Sunday!

MUFC OK
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be close, as I am positive Denver is gonna use last years playoff loss as motivation. Not having Hernandez for NE is going to be big for us because, as you said lomax, we really don't have an answer for him. I don't think NEs run game will be a factor, but how much they try to run the ball should be interesting.

They are also not a particularly great team in the seams, but we've seen Peyton struggle there too, so that's gonna be really interesting to watch. I think if this game was in Denver we would have a better chance, but unfortunately I say NE wins this one 31-24

Thanks, Tzimisce
bobdevine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early weather forecast is sunny and warm (75-80).

Oddsmakers have NE as 7-point favorites. Over/under is 52.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Kuper will be back this week.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: GDT Wk 5: Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots (4.25pm Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
The key for me is trying to find a way to get interior pressure (for a change), so I expect to see us lining Von Miller over the Patriots LG/RG to try and find a way to prevent Brady stepping into throws.

I hope we do this. From what I have seen of the Patriots(which is all but the Titans game), Ryan Wendell is the weak link, so I wouldn't mind some stunts aimed at this guy either.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Early weather forecast is sunny and warm (75-80).

Oddsmakers have NE as 7-point favorites. Over/under is 52.

wow no respect, are the broncos the saints all of a sudden with no wins? the patriots are pretty banged up coming into this game, compare that to the broncos with irving and kuper the only two, both should play. i like denvers chances going up against a patriots team without hernandez and a banged up gronk.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is going to be an encore of a modern classic. It doesn't get better than that. Brady vs Manning is the QB rivalry second to none in the NFL history books.

If we can execute well on offense, we can win this game. Their pass D is their problem and has been for a long time. Overall, NE's D ranks 20th in the league. We need another performance without major timing or communication issues in order to keep up with a Brady led offense. Manning and the offense have shown that they can move the ball effectively. We just can't afford to get into a funk (see ATL). Also, it is of highest importance that we can keep Wilfork from collapsing the pocket.

Defensively, I am certain that we can contain Ridley/Bolden/Woodhead/Vereen/whoever and have a solid day versus their running game. Von and Elvis have to be moved around alot for them to apply considerable pressure in an concerted effort with Vickerson, Wolfe and and Unrein. Like some of you and Patriots fans in general acknowledge, Brady is only uncomfortable with pressure in his face. Harris/Bailey on Welker and Porter on Lloyd, Woodyard and Adams on Gronk. We won't be able to stop all facets of their offense for the majority of time, yet if we can halt them a few times and our hopefully solidly performing offense steps in, we have chance.

I'd love to rub a Broncos win into my dad's face. He grew up with Montana and thus became a big Brady fan once he showed similar cool under pressure.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....I hate these games when the Broncos are in the spotlight. I love our offense, but I think it is still a work in progress. I wish this game was later in the season, but it is what it is. I am neutral on my position on if the Broncos will win or not.

However, I think the recipe for beating Brady is by putting him on his back. Which means VonDoomWolfe will need to be the impact in this game, I think. But I could be wrong.

But I do think SUNJ will win today.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What worries me the most this week is our habit of getting scorched in the first half. If we let NE run up a two or three touchdown lead early, it's gonna be pretty much impossible to come back from that against them. I agree with lomax and anti in that a big key in this game is generating inside pressure. It's hard to get to Brady from the edge; he makes quick decisions, and he's got the slot weapons to dump it fast. I'm also worried about who we have to match up with Gronk. I would be REALLY worried about Hernandez, but last I checked, he was listed as questionable and it doesn't look like he's gonna play. You never know though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: GDT Wk 5: Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots (4.25pm Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
The key for me is trying to find a way to get interior pressure (for a change), so I expect to see us lining Von Miller over the Patriots LG/RG to try and find a way to prevent Brady stepping into throws.

I hope we do this. From what I have seen of the Patriots(which is all but the Titans game), Ryan Wendell is the weak link, so I wouldn't mind some stunts aimed at this guy either.

For the 1st time in a long time I think we've got the perfect personell packages to do this. Much more speed and quickness with Unrein and Wolfe added to the mix. I'd love it.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I gotta be honest. I think we get absolutely torched tomorrow. Just my gut feeling.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
Yeah I gotta be honest. I think we get absolutely torched tomorrow. Just my gut feeling.

Just my "gut" feeling, but I think we keep it close. Pretty hard to win though unless you can imagine the Pats going 0-2 at home.

We do stack up better against them than we have in the past. Ya gotta love "anti's" idea of inside stunts. Just could be the time and place.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EA/Madden game simulation Broncos 31 / Patriots 28:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qNssxRPgAK4

EDIT: Fixed the typo of flipped scores.

Last edited by bobdevine on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
EA/Madden game simulation Patriots 31 / Broncos 28:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qNssxRPgAK4

Broncos 31 Patriots 28, you had the scores wrong according to the video you posted.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what needs to happen, all day.

[/img]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z71qrrSFa5c

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: