Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kickers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wow_junky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Kickers Reply with quote

Is anyone else very disappointed with Hartley after a) his performances and b) how good the rookie kickers are performing this season? Guys like Greg Zuelin look safe fom 50+ every time so far and I wouldn't be surprised if he breaks the distance record this year. If we had a kicker who was money from 50+ we would score on 9 out of 10 drives and could be the next evolution for the offence?
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...people already turning on Hartley this early in the season. Dude...you are making me laugh.

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
wow_junky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Wow...people already turning on Hartley this early in the season. Dude...you are making me laugh.

C'mon man, Hartley hasn't been consistent for a while now, so this is nothing new. And there are better kickers out there who would give us a better offence, why wouldn't fans want that?

Hartley has missed 2 FGs this season which could have given us wins (against GB and KC). He is 48/57, 3/4 from 50+ with a career long of 53

Zuerlin is already 13/13 with 4/4 from 50+ and a long of 60. His 56 trader at Soldier Field was a ground record I believe too

Blair Walsh and Justin Tucker are both getting a lot of recognition this season as rookies too
Raves

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickers are probably the most unreliable position in all of football. One year they might look like they are the best ever, next year they look like crap and are out of the league. Finding a good consistent kicker is a hard thing to do.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:

C'mon man, Hartley hasn't been consistent for a while now, so this is nothing new. And there are better kickers out there who would give us a better offence, why wouldn't fans want that?

Hartley has missed 2 FGs this season which could have given us wins (against GB and KC). He is 48/57, 3/4 from 50+ with a career long of 53

Zuerlin is already 13/13 with 4/4 from 50+ and a long of 60. His 56 trader at Soldier Field was a ground record I believe too

Blair Walsh and Justin Tucker are both getting a lot of recognition this season as rookies too

Is there someone we could conceivably get right now that would be an improvement over Hartley? Everyone who's a FA is a FA for a reason.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
And there are better kickers out there who would give us a better offence

Name them.

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:

Sorry Navy Man... gotta agree here!

Look I know Garrett personally, He married a friend of mine and we clown him all the time that he's been riding his superbowl post season hot streak for too long.

Great guy, good kicker but very inconsistent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
wow_junky wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:

Look I know Garrett personally, He married a friend of mine and we clown him all the time that he's been riding his superbowl post season hot streak for too long.

It's OK, Worm...I don't think you have ever agreed with me Laughing

tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
wow_junky wrote:
navysaintsfan wrote:

Who could replace him and be better though? Yeah, he's inconsistent, but most the FA kickers are just consistently bad.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I should clarify what I mean here!

This class of kickers is very good, if it continues (e.g. This years college class shows similar potential) then we should definitely look to spend a 5-6th to get a Zuertlin caliber player.

I don't think we should drop Hartley now but I do think he is definitely replaceable based on his form and who has come out the draft. And a kicker who is a cert from 50+ would be gold in an offence that gets that sort of position every time.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
Sorry, I should clarify what I mean here!

This class of kickers is very good, if it continues (e.g. This years college class shows similar potential) then we should definitely look to spend a 5-6th to get a Zuertlin caliber player.

I don't think we should drop Hartley now but I do think he is definitely replaceable based on his form and who has come out the draft. And a kicker who is a cert from 50+ would be gold in an offence that gets that sort of position every time.

I gotcha. Very little risk in wasting a late rounder on a kicker. I wouldn't mind it, nor would I be surprised if the Saints brought in a young guy to compete.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:

You're out of your mind if you think Hartley is a viable option at kicker. He had one good year and has been garbage ever since.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree QB, Hartley's gotta go. Very inconsistent from nearly anywhere on the field.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartley would altrady be gone IMO, if not for the game winning kick against the Vikings in 09. Hes been way too inconsistent on kicks that are.very makable. Hes missed some kicks that had he made prolly would have helped get us a bye week in the postseason, and hes misses two very makable kicks this year already that had he made we could possibly be 3-2 right now and avoided being the laughingstock of the league. Losses are a team effort, but we desperately need a consistent kicker if this defense is goong to continue to keep giving up 30 and keeps games close.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: