Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NLF Mock Draft: ABBS Edition:Cle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abbs1988

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: 2013 NLF Mock Draft: ABBS Edition:Cle Reply with quote

Let's say the Browns bottom out and sack up with the #1 pick next year, but the progress, and may visible strides throughout the season.
2013 Team Needs
Offense-#2 RB, WR, OG x2, FB -
They look good at QB, but guard play must be upgraded, and #2 rb pos must be filled.
Defense- RDE, #2 CB, FS
There D Line play progressed, but they need to get to the passer faster. The secondary must be upgraded. The LB crew needs solid young knock out kids.

This is what I think they will do:

FA- Louis Delmas, FS

*2013 NFL Mock Draft************************
Browns trade the #1 pick to MIA for:::MIA 2013 # 3rd pick(1st rd), both MIA 2013 2nd rd picks, 1 3rd rd pick, 1 4th rd pick. (becuz they want G Smith)

Browns @ #3 Trade down to #7 (+ Indy 2013 2nd rd pk) w/ Indy (bcuz they want Jarvis Jones)

Round #1, pick 7- DE- Werner, Bjoern

Trade Alert****** (Browns trade 2/3 2nd rd pk to move up to pick #15 to Min)
Round #1, pick #15 - G - Warmack, Chance- Warmack will be a beast of an inside run lane plowing, and blitz picking up type of RG; expert in the pass blocking field. This = a clean pocket for weeden

Round #2, pick #33-CB- Rhodes, Xavier- Rhodes will give us a hard hitting #2 CB that will solidify us as one of the premier shut down secondary units w/ Rhodes and Delmas paired up on the weakside. Rhodes will remind some of a rejuvinated, stronger, faster-- less injury prone sheldon borwn

Round #3(1)- Larry Warford, RG, 6'4, 340lbs he will be a road grater at RG, and will clear much biger paths for rich than lauvao did. This is a real big dude, and will solidify our young line as one that can move the ball in the air, and over the ground.

Round #3(2) - Davis, Kniles RB - 6' 220, 4.44 speed... Will be a good partner for trich to rock with

Round #4(1) - Brown, Jonhathan, SAM, ILL - he is a run stoppin foo; this dude ken hit, and will give us a complete LB clik w/ him, jackson, and Gocong/JMJ

Round #4(2) - Millard, Trey, FB- this is a Big dude= (6'2, 256) way better than marecic... real FB that will clear big paths for rich. Move marecic to sp team unit

Round #5 - Taylor, Devin, SC, DE, 6'6, 264- He will be a solid rotational player paired with sheard and werner

Round #6- Thomas, Sharmarko, CUSE - saftey depth and SP teams beast + 4.33 speed!

Round #7 - Stoneburner, Jake, 6'5, 245, ohio state- This is a #2 TE to pair w/ cameron. Him and cameron lined up on inside, little and gordon lines up on outside

Maybe a WR in FA

So in summation we have:
weeden-qb
rb- trich & kniles davis
fb- millard (beast)
wr- little, gordon, benjiman, momass
line- thomas, warmack, mack, warford, schwartz

line- werner+sheard+rubin+taylor
LB's- JMJ, DQJ, Brown, Gocong
CB's and safites- Haden/Rhodes/Ward/Delmas
[/u][/u]
Beastly

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st round guard - hate it
Miami gives up on tannehill after 1 year - makes no sense
Werner at #7 - hate it
2 guards in the first 3 rounds - hate it
4th round FB - hate it

other than that, it's ok... Laughing
pnies20

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

There's no way

If that happened it would be the best draft of all time

<3 JF
joelflynn44

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the picks but miami doesn't make that deal. Maybe jacksonville since their owner calls all the shots ala Al Davis.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the team that has to trade up for a QB will be the Chiefs.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
StewieRules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, KC is a more likely trading partner than Miami for a QB - I could see ~da Raidazzh~ doing it as well, Palmer's not looking like a long term solution.

As for the draft itself, I'm loving the thought process - define obvious weaknesses and draft players to fill them - brilliant! As long as they aren't a reach to fill a position I see no problem with this and the players listed certainly aren't. If Weeds keeps improving as I think he will, QB will not be our 1st round pick in 2013 - a trade-down scenario is definitely possible.

Round #1, pick 7- DE- Werner, Bjoern
This guy is playing lights out right now, better than either LSU prospect. Werner's a unique talent and while I personally dont think DE is our biggest 1st round need per say, I can see this. He would transform and complete a nasty-[inappropriate/removed] DL. NOT too early for him if he keeps up his torrid pace.

Trade Alert****** (Browns trade 2/3 2nd rd pk to move up to pick #15 to Min)
Round #1, pick #15 - G - Warmack, Chance- Warmack will be a beast of an inside run lane plowing, and blitz picking up type of RG; expert in the pass blocking field. This = a clean pocket for weeden
Normally I'm not a fan of guards this early, but like DeCastro last year this guy is garnering special attention and our guards are garbage, backups at best. Warmack would help TR be TR so again, I can see this.

Round #2, pick #33-CB- Rhodes, Xavier- Rhodes will give us a hard hitting #2 CB that will solidify us as one of the premier shut down secondary units w/ Rhodes and Delmas paired up on the weakside. Rhodes will remind some of a rejuvinated, stronger, faster-- less injury prone sheldon brown
This IS a big-time need for us, but I seriously doubt he falls into the 2nd round. If so steal him and dont look back but Poyer perhaps? Or you could go with TJ McDonald and FA a CB ala DRC. Still, I like the thinking here as we clearly need to tweak our secondary.

Round #3(1)- Larry Warford, RG, 6'4, 340lbs he will be a road grater at RG, and will clear much biger paths for rich than lauvao did. This is a real big dude, and will solidify our young line as one that can move the ball in the air, and over the ground.
I like the guard improvement but I dont see the team grabbing two and potentially playing two rooks on the line. Frankly I think at least one G will be a FA addition, Levitre from the Bills is my hope. Not an All Pro but a solid vet. Here a WR like Stedman Bailey would do quite nicely, I think that kids gonna make a name for himself.

Round #3(2) - Davis, Kniles RB - 6' 220, 4.44 speed... Will be a good partner for trich to rock with
Agreed - I like Oby but can he really carry our running game if TR gets nicked up at some point? I have no problem with adding mid-round RB depth especially if its speedy depth.

Round #4(1) - Brown, Jonhathan, SAM, ILL - he is a run stoppin foo; this dude ken hit, and will give us a complete LB clik w/ him, jackson, and Gocong/JMJ
I like this guy a lot but by seasons end it'll be doubtful if he makes it to the 4th. He's a player and he's known nationally - maybe use one of the 3rds if you want him on the roster. But adding him completes our LB core IMO - DQ leads and we have several young, fast hungry LBs on the flanks and/or waiting in the wings.

Round #4(2) - Millard, Trey, FB- this is a Big dude= (6'2, 256) way better than marecic... real FB that will clear big paths for rich. Move marecic to sp team unit
Here I think I'd go with a player like Lonnie Pryor (6-0, 230) - he's not a bruiser but he blocks like one, and he can catch & run - dudes all motor all the time and I think a great fit for the WCO. But again, I agree Marecic is worthless and assuming the WCO remains, he needs to go.

Round #5 - Taylor, Devin, SC, DE, 6'6, 264- He will be a solid rotational player paired with sheard and werner
Yeah - this guy just screams Ozzie latter mid round steal - better we take him.

Round #6- Thomas, Sharmarko, CUSE - saftey depth and SP teams beast + 4.33 speed!
Dont know who he is actually but that kind of speed on the 6th, why not?

Round #7 - Stoneburner, Jake, 6'5, 245, ohio state- This is a #2 TE to pair w/ cameron. Him and cameron lined up on inside, little and gordon lines up on outside
I think TE will be needed, Watson may well be gone and people seems to want Smith to follow suit.

As for FA's I think the F/O will be more aggressive - Delmas would be a good signing, but I think at least one G will be considered and most of all, a veteran WR - I'm personally praying we take our best shot at either Jennings, Bowe or even Welker; point is that while Benjamin and Gorden will hopefully progress, Little is way too much of a question mark and MoMass is a constant injury concern - we need to add a guy who can CATCH CONSISTANTLY.

Overall, if the draft went this way or thereabouts - I'd be giggling like a Chinese school girl -

Go Browns![/i][/b]
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the shamarko Thomas pick being a cuse fan. That being said there's no way he is there in the 6th round
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding more rooks on the offensive line isn't going to fix the problem. I like adding Delmas at FS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Adding more rooks on the offensive line isn't going to fix the problem. I like adding Delmas at FS

Chance Warmack makes a big difference in this offense. I would rather sign Levitre in FA than take a G in the 1st round.

<3 JF
abbs1988

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

n
Quote:
d #4(2) - Millard, Trey, FB- this is a Big dude= (6'2, 256) way better than marecic... real FB that will clear big paths for rich. Move marecic to sp team unit
Here I think I'd go with a player like Lonnie Pryor (6-0, 230) - he's not a bruiser but he blocks like one, and he can catch & run - dudes all motor all the time and I think a great fit for the WCO. But again, I agree Marecic is worthless and assuming the WCO remains, he needs to go.

I think you're right on the lonnie pryor part. I like his highlights. I'll keep a look out for him.

I think if we can solidify our offensive line we can have the potential to have a heated passing and running game. I think if we solidify our running attack and use it more we can have a potentially fiery dangerous offense...
On the other hand I think if we accumulate a few top notch pass defenders, then we can have a lethal defense that makes plays, and stops teams in their tracks;regularly. With two top end pass rushers in sheard and werner we can elevateup our pass rush.
A good pair of guards can give a QB a couple more seconds to throw the ball, step up into the pocket, and get a good rythym
I also believe having a guard team that move 340+lb Juggernauts off the ball in the same combo with excellence in pass protection skills is a good investment

Quote:
Yeah, KC is a more likely trading partner than Miami for a QB - I could see ~da Raidazzh~ doing it as well, Palmer's not looking like a long term solution.

This I agree with, Whoever we can get multiple picks from is fine with me

I also think having a backup running back like kniles davis will allow our run game to excel

dude this could happen, and our team would have a hit squad

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way in hell i would draft a guard in the top 15.

with the picks u used to trade up (2 2nds) you could draft a new left guard and right guard with them and could play at the same level

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very happy with this draft- the only thing that would scare me a bit is our WR core being the same... but if they show improvement(flash gordon-little-benji) then great off-season ---

our guard play has been soo bad that i would be ok moving up for a talent like warmack- from everything i hear he sounds special---

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
StewieRules

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
no way in hell i would draft a guard in the top 15

Normally I'd agree but I think you have to look at the player. Last draft Pittburgh snags DeCastro at 24 and are universally praised for getting such a "steal." No WAY a talent like that should've slipped that far was the general consensus. Wasn't he projected mid-1st? 15th to 24th is that big a stretch?? IF Warmack is the road grader and pass rush wall he's purported to be, I could live with it, since a) our G play is atrocious and b) TR and Weeds would be better off with him in place.

I'm not sure why it seems to take nothing but 1st & 2nd round picks for us to make a serviceable line but it is what it is. Personally this wouldn't be my 1st pick BUT I could see it if it went down.
BgDawg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Weeden lights it up the rest of the season (which he presumabely will not do if we end up with the #1 pick), then why would we not just draft Smith with the #1 pick?
abbs1988

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Essentially, The trades would amount to Pick #1 in exchange for; pick #7,#15, a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick. Transversely, for g smith we would get- RDE: werner, starting LG: warmack, CB#2: Rhodes; RB #2: K. Davis; nasty SAM "the HitMan"; jon brown

We would get A dynamic RDE, atop quality G, I more than capable #2 RB, and a SAM that can light up the world, and a #2CB that can cover anybody...and make hits
We would have to weigh our options...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: