Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Quarter Mock (3-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Only way I don't see #54 on this roster next year is if he retires. I just can't envision a scenario where he is allowed to just walk as a FA, maybe that's the right call, maybe it isn't, but he's been the face of the franchise and I believe he's earned the right to leave under his terms. And while he may not be the physical specimen he once was, he's still a very heady player and able to put the defense in better position.

I'm pretty good w/ the picks, I can't see Knott getting out of the 3rd, but I may be a little to close to the situation, but he's such a disruptive LB.
Erlacher has a golden set up here in Chicago which will not be duplicated elsewhere. He would be well advised to forego a couple million extra now for the millions of the future which would come as a result of his connection to the Bears.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
So with all that being said, why are we to assume that Urlacher wont be able to play at least 1 or 2 more years after this one? Yes, it's pretty obvious that he's not getting any younger and that he's not his old self this year, but let's remember that he's only about 9 or so months removed from that MCL injury and just had arthroscopic surgery on the same knee in early August. He's also 3 years younger than his fellow LB Ray Lewis who's had his fair share of injuries throughout his career and no one seems to be clamoring for him to retire as much as I'm hearing for Urlacher.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a little premature to be making conclusions that Lach wont be back in action for the Bears next season and maybe beyond?

Obviously it’s only an assumption that Urlacher won’t play after this season but looking at the evidence of the first four games you have to think it is more likely that he calls it quits because of the knee rather than playing on…I know from personal experience how frustration it can be to once be at the top of your game then come back from injury and not be able to perform like you once did…I played rugby to a very high level before tearing up my knee…I rehabbed as hard as anyone I mentality wanted to get back to where I was but once I got back into games it just wasn’t the same…guys who a year before couldn’t have matched my game were on my level or better…no matter how hard you push yourself to continue to get stronger and faster if you can’t get back to where you once were you suffer mentally…you know you were once better than these guys…your brain says “yeah I can take that angle and make a tackle” but your body doesn’t get there in time…Urlacher is more than likely feeling the same when he watched an RB get outside him of a TE run away from him in coverage who last year wouldn’t have been able to…I played for about 6 months after I came back and then left because I hated knowing that I couldn’t do what I once did…now everyone’s personality is different and Brian might think he has 2 or even 3 years left but then it becomes a management decision…as much as we all have an emotional attachment to Urlacher…hell he is the reason I watch American Football and became a Bears fan…no man is bigger than the franchise…if Urlacher wants to come back next year and the coaching staff feel he is still capable of playing the position better than anyone we could sign or draft then great…but if he wants to come back at his current price of $7.5 million can the FO really justify that? Personally I don’t think his play so far this season would warrant that contract…if he says I’ll come back for $4-$5 million then sure…but as I said we have to put the franchise first and Urlacher has to put his health first…he has nothing to prove anymore…he is a hall of fame player 5 years after he retires…he has made millions…why not take the health you have and spent time with your family…especially when you consider some of the problems former players like Junior Seau & Dave Duerson had after leaving the game…there is far more to life than Football.

I respect your points and all but just want you to keep in mind that no two people are alike and different bodies react in different ways to injuries, trauma, surgery, rehab, etc. Also, with all due respect, Urlacher is a professional athlete playing in the biggest professional sports league in the world and is exposed to the best of the best of training routines, rehabilitation and treatment plans. Not really a great comparison, but again I understand where your coming from. I guess we'll just have to wait and see until after this season what happens with him.

As I wrote before everyone’s personality is different but Urlacher’s body clearly isn’t reacting well to the injury, surgery or the rehab…as I said we all have an emotional attachment to Urlacher but the evidence so far isn’t looking good and we have to be realistic towards any player.

Mike,

I am interested in your opinion of D.J Fluker?

After watching him this year I think I am safe on saying he is not a LT, but he is so big strong and nasty what about him as a LG?

Where would you rank him with the other Alabama OLmen?
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Mike,

After watching him this year I think I am safe on saying he is not a LT, but he is so big strong and nasty what about him as a LG?

Yeah I don’t think anyone would consider him as a LT at this point…he has struggled in pass pro all season on the right hand side so I think teams will view as RT first…do I think he could play inside? I’m not so sure…personally I feel tall & long Olinemen struggle to gain leverage inside against shorter DTs…I can’t think of a great interior linemen who was 6-7”…

As for how he compares to the other Alabama linemen I would say he is the 5th best on that line…

1. Warmack IMO is the best Olinemen in the country putting position aside.
2. Jones who’s versatility will more than likely see him going in the 1st…their isn’t a better centre prospect in the country.
3. Kouandjio looks like a future stud LT at the next level.
4. Steen will be one of the top OG prospects in next year’s draft and will be much better known when Warmack & Jones move on.
5. Fluker who is a nasty physical run blocker but unlike the rest doesn’t get it done in pass pro.

It’s the best Oline I have ever seen in college.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Mike,

Yeah I don’t think anyone would consider him as a LT at this point…he has struggled in pass pro all season on the right hand side so I think teams will view as RT first…do I think he could play inside? I’m not so sure…personally I feel tall & long Olinemen struggle to gain leverage inside against shorter DTs…I can’t think of a great interior linemen who was 6-7”…

As for how he compares to the other Alabama linemen I would say he is the 5th best on that line…

1. Warmack IMO is the best Olinemen in the country putting position aside.
2. Jones who’s versatility will more than likely see him going in the 1st…their isn’t a better centre prospect in the country.
3. Kouandjio looks like a future stud LT at the next level.
4. Steen will be one of the top OG prospects in next year’s draft and will be much better known when Warmack & Jones move on.
5. Fluker who is a nasty physical run blocker but unlike the rest doesn’t get it done in pass pro.

It’s the best Oline I have ever seen in college.

I agree watching then run block is a thing of beauty.

How do you think Warmack compares to other elite OG prospects like DeCastro and Iupati.

To me he is a combination of the two. He moves better than Iupati, but I don't think is as powerful, and he is more powerful than DeCastro, but does not move as well.

Then again I have only seen 1 game so far.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I agree watching then run block is a thing of beauty.

How do you think Warmack compares to other elite OG prospects like DeCastro and Iupati.

To me he is a combination of the two. He moves better than Iupati, but I don't think is as powerful, and he is more powerful than DeCastro, but does not move as well.

Then again I have only seen 1 game so far.

I would say that is a far assessment…Warmack is lighter on his feet in pass pro than Iupati and plays with the same kind of power…run blocking he is more powerful than DeCastro but doesn’t pull & trap as well…overall I would take DeCastro #1…Warmack #2…Iupati #3…a big part of the reason I would have DeCastro tho is the intangibles he brought but it’s a close one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: