Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

JPN 1st Qtr Mock 10.4.12
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snoopydawg44us

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four Three this Team lacks playmakers on the Defensive Side of the Ball. Inside Linebacker is a weakness with Foote, and theres no rush from the OLB Spot where Harrison is at. When Harison comes back it might help but what about the future after him? We see how its going already. I like the Notre Dame kid some dont. Thats their flavor. I know one thing those are two positions they better be looking at in next yrs draft. One last thing if it wasnt for DeCastro the Steelers were targeting who Hightower an ILB. I know Safties is becoming a Issue with age. but this team was built on their LBs and to me their just not getting it done as of yet.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoopydawg44us wrote:
Four Three this Team lacks playmakers on the Defensive Side of the Ball. Inside Linebacker is a weakness with Foote, and theres no rush from the OLB Spot where Harrison is at. When Harison comes back it might help but what about the future after him? We see how its going already. I like the Notre Dame kid some dont. Thats their flavor. I know one thing those are two positions they better be looking at in next yrs draft. One last thing if it wasnt for DeCastro the Steelers were targeting who Hightower an ILB. I know Safties is becoming a Issue with age. but this team was built on their LBs and to me their just not getting it done as of yet.

Okay....that really doesnt dispute my point, though.

I never argued LB wasnt a major, and possibly biggest need.

I was merely contesting the notion that we say we should draft LB in the first and second round next year.....especially considering the draft is 7 months away.

As I stated, if there are LBs at those two spots that are good fits for us and close to BPA that fits a need, I am all for it.

But there is also a very real possibility that the better LBs in each round are taken before we pick. Happened with OLine for years.

My point is that we should take the BPA that fills a need and best fit for this defense at the positions I mentioned.

I also wouldnt rule out another first round Guard depending who is available. Colon is trash and I think (HOPE) the front office is starting to see that.
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
snoopydawg44us wrote:

Okay....that really doesnt dispute my point, though.

I never argued LB wasnt a major, and possibly biggest need.

I was merely contesting the notion that we say we should draft LB in the first and second round next year.....especially considering the draft is 7 months away.

As I stated, if there are LBs at those two spots that are good fits for us and close to BPA that fits a need, I am all for it.

But there is also a very real possibility that the better LBs in each round are taken before we pick. Happened with OLine for years.

My point is that we should take the BPA that fills a need and best fit for this defense at the positions I mentioned.

I also wouldnt rule out another first round Guard depending who is available. Colon is trash and I think (HOPE) the front office is starting to see that.

I am embarrassed I thought his fat, worthless ### might transition to G effectively.

I do hereby forthwith give myself negative points in the FFMD evaluation for his name besmirching my roster.

I'd happily park Warmack in his position same time next year.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
snoopydawg44us

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Colon is not getting it done. I dont know if hes more worse at guard than at Right Tackle. Question did anyone picked up OG Brandon Washington yet? Im not saying he's the answer, but he's worth a look. Maybe the practice squad so he can learn and grow. I know his name was brought up a few times before the draft. I would love to see him in our system and him and DD grow together. Foster is an option for LG once DD is back. Leave Colon on the bench.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one of the biggest Colon detractors on here for years, I was willing to give him a chance at guard. I even said 3 years ago when many Steelers fans were begging for us to kick him inside that I thought he would be a crappy guard too, but when it actually happened, the only thing that made me happy about it was that he was replacing someone even more worthless than him (Kemo the Hut).

Even though I have no expectations and never really did, I still am willing to give him some more time to show something at guard (mainly because I dont have a choice), but his inability to pull, his general unathleticism, and just all around mediocre play over the past 5 season scream that we should cut ties with him.

But hey....who knows....maybe if he keeps playing this poorly, he'll be in line for another big contract. Crying or Very sad
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
As one of the biggest Colon detractors on here for years, I was willing to give him a chance at guard. I even said 3 years ago when many Steelers fans were begging for us to kick him inside that I thought he would be a crappy guard too, but when it actually happened, the only thing that made me happy about it was that he was replacing someone even more worthless than him (Kemo the Hut).

Even though I have no expectations and never really did, I still am willing to give him some more time to show something at guard (mainly because I dont have a choice), but his inability to pull, his general unathleticism, and just all around mediocre play over the past 5 season scream that we should cut ties with him.

But hey....who knows....maybe if he keeps playing this poorly, he'll be in line for another big contract. Crying or Very sad

y'know, I wish I could disagree with you here 43, but it hits the nail on the head

i've been doing the all-22 on colon every play this season. He does 1 thing well, anchor in the pass rush. When he is asked to do anything else, he is hit or miss, and misses a lot more than he hits.
whit09

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
whit09 wrote:
Personally, I was for trading up for JJ Watt like the Steelers did with Polamalu. I argued he had Ngata-like potential. Everyone thought I was insane..

Not sure exactly where you are referring to here, but on this forum, I recall many Steeler fans here that liked him just as much as that, arguing that he was a more athletic version of Aaron Smith...which is basically right up there with Ngata, and there were many around this forum who felt similarly.

This thread.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=437104

...Thanks to UofMfan909

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: