Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Confidence in Jason Garrett?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

4. Who graded Jerry ability to draft guards as an "A"?

Answer: TO7

Quote:
I gave an A.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=491050

I did. And I explained my logic behind it.

Please don't sniper this thread. I was merely giving fair warning to TSSS that people go into attack mode and start trolling and saying really ridiculous things in defense of Jerry Jones (and, yes, your grade and logic are a prime example).

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You. Are. Hilarious.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who is Jason Garrett, sure he played for Jimmy Johnson, but he grew up in a
house where his dad worked for Tom Landry. He had a real chance to know both of
these men, and not just as coachs.

Even Jerry Jones has refered to
Landry when talking about Jason as a coach. One of the problems that is seldon
discussed is how fast Coaches have been hired and fired by Jerry
Jones.

Jones himself said last year a big mistake he has made in the
past was letting coaches go to early and not sticking with them. I remember when
it really was a done deal Wade would be fired. Then people starting throwing
names out the like Shanahan, and Cowher. My God, how many years did those guys
coach before they won a Superbowl?

What i'm getting at here is, the
players have to have faith that a coach is going to be there. If the attitude is
win or get fired all the time, then everybody is just playing for a contract.
But theres more to all this, when guys know that the guy they have played for is
in jeopardy of losing his job. Well if they respect him and love him they will
not just play for themselves, they'll play to save him also. Just like their
teammates, there is more to football than "I'm playing for me, like T.O.".

Jason brings to his postion, the attitude of Tom Landry, and the
attitude of Jimmy Johnson. Jason calls it the RKG, if you embarrass the team by
doing stupid stuff all the time you have to go. If you can't play at a high
level everyweek you will be replaced. In other words you have to be the Right
Kind of Guy, or you won't be here long.

I think Jason has this team
headed in the right direction, more so than anytime since Barry Switzer left. It
may take him 5 years to make these guys his guys, but if JJ hangs onto
Jason there will be rewards at the end. I think Garrett will eventually be
known as a great coach, but only time will
tell.

Can't succeed when the owner obstacle want to do things their way so they can get the credit.

I agree with most in your article, I will h/e end it with this.

If our players had even a quarter of TO's type of selfish work ethic. We would be perennial SB contenders. Say what you want, but I would take TO's me attitude then the me attitude this team has had for the better part of 2 decades.

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
Hawksrealm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jones.

past was letting coaches go to early and not sticking with them. I remember when

players have to have faith that a coach is going to be there. If the attitude is
But theres more to all this, when guys know that the guy they have played for is

headed in the right direction, more so than anytime since Barry Switzer left. It
tell.

Can't succeed when the owner obstacle want to do things their way so they can get the credit.

If our players had even a quarter of TO's type of selfish work ethic. We would be perennial SB contenders. Say what you want, but I would take TO's me attitude then the me attitude this team has had for the better part of 2 decades.

I have lived in Ca. since 1979 when I left the Air Force. I used to take a lot of heat for years wearing my Cowboy shirts. But since the 49ers have sucked as bad as the Cowboys for years, nobody even pays attention to me anymore.

But I was here, when T.O. started out and Damn was he something to see. But he was like Emmitt, he was on a mission to get the records. But some of his teamamates wanted to win first and worry about his records second. So he responed by calling Garcia, gay (when of course the guy was married to a beautiful woman) T.O. simply according to him was the only guy who should get the ball. The rest is history, everywhere he went he disrupted the team. I would never want to see this group act like T.O. the shame is, we don't have someone with his talent. When of course Dez Bryant was supposed to have hugh talent.
I for one never wanted Roy W, or Dez Bryant, I actually posted those things on this site. Of course I got badgered by Plan 9 everytime I posted something. I was first here as Hawk in 2007, a friend of mine at that time named Hawkeye4evr invited me here. He is long gone, and I left for awhile and when I game back I couldn't remember by password and signed up with my forum name. I have always stopped by here to read, because there are some good posters here. But what I call true fans, get run off by the negativity. Sure nobody is happy with the Cowboys and haven't been for years. But it seems to me, that its the guys who came on board in the 90s never shut up. The guys who have been with the Cowboys for a life time are willing to see how things develope. (after all its only a game)

Landry had a horrible time, until 1965, when a phenom by the name of Bobby Hayes showed up and the Cowboys went 7-7. Holy crappola, a 500 season, but history was about to be written. I'll be dead and gone, but the 90s guys may just see something beginning to happen now. To many good posters have left this place because of the gang they call the realists, trying to force feed people with their hate.

I do think that the Mods here are a good bunch, and really thats why I keep coming back....Calvert keep an open mind...and just listen sometimes...don't be so quick to attack. I spent time telling you my history here so you might understand me a little better. I know its all boring, but if I'm going to continue to stop by, then maybe we'll be friends.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an excellent post, Hawksrealm. Hope you will stick around and continue to contribute.

In Redball I Trust!
Calvert28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawksrealm wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
Hawksrealm wrote:

Jones.

tell.

I have lived in Ca. since 1979 when I left the Air Force. I used to take a lot of heat for years wearing my Cowboy shirts. But since the 49ers have sucked as bad as the Cowboys for years, nobody even pays attention to me anymore.

But I was here, when T.O. started out and Damn was he something to see. But he was like Emmitt, he was on a mission to get the records. But some of his teamamates wanted to win first and worry about his records second. So he responed by calling Garcia, gay (when of course the guy was married to a beautiful woman) T.O. simply according to him was the only guy who should get the ball. The rest is history, everywhere he went he disrupted the team. I would never want to see this group act like T.O. the shame is, we don't have someone with his talent. When of course Dez Bryant was supposed to have hugh talent.
I for one never wanted Roy W, or Dez Bryant, I actually posted those things on this site. Of course I got badgered by Plan 9 everytime I posted something. I was first here as Hawk in 2007, a friend of mine at that time named Hawkeye4evr invited me here. He is long gone, and I left for awhile and when I game back I couldn't remember by password and signed up with my forum name. I have always stopped by here to read, because there are some good posters here. But what I call true fans, get run off by the negativity. Sure nobody is happy with the Cowboys and haven't been for years. But it seems to me, that its the guys who came on board in the 90s never shut up. The guys who have been with the Cowboys for a life time are willing to see how things develope. (after all its only a game)

Landry had a horrible time, until 1965, when a phenom by the name of Bobby Hayes showed up and the Cowboys went 7-7. Holy crappola, a 500 season, but history was about to be written. I'll be dead and gone, but the 90s guys may just see something beginning to happen now. To many good posters have left this place because of the gang they call the realists, trying to force feed people with their hate.

I do think that the Mods here are a good bunch, and really thats why I keep coming back....Calvert keep an open mind...and just listen sometimes...don't be so quick to attack. I spent time telling you my history here so you might understand me a little better. I know its all boring, but if I'm going to continue to stop by, then maybe we'll be friends.

I'm not the one who gave my first reply saying people were brainwashed for believing the way they do. If anything I retaliated to your comment after making a simple statement.

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My head hurts.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDsportsfan wrote:
My head hurts.

What he said.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
johnnypocket

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our fanbase seems as fractured as our team does. I mean, go figure.

Do You Want New Wave Or Do You Want the Truth?
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnypocket wrote:

And you wanna know why that is? Because we have too many GOD DAMNED apologists in here. If you people want to know why I left, it's because people spend more time apologizing for and attempting to happily circumvent Jerry's mistakes rather than admit the truth: that he is the reason why the team tanks. I don't care who our coaching staff consists of, nor does it matter who our players are; as long as that driveling idiot continues to "run" this team, emasculate his coaches, and hand pick players, create an atmosphere devoid of accountability, ignore key areas of need, and spend more time marketing a brand rather than focusing his efforts on football, we will NEVER improve.

Let me say this again: NEVER.

Slamman has spent the last month explaining to you fools what he and I have been telling you for 8 bloody years. And what do we get for our efforts? People like Matts and TO_7 apologizing for Jerry lock step with every press release. They've become bigger mouthpieces for Jerry's junk than Mickey Spagnola. And then the rest of the sheep on this forum blindly follow along until the next failure, which is conveniently overlooked or rapidly dismissed. And when Slam and I point it out, you all immediately ridicule us or come up with excuses. The fact is, I got sick of it. You people have made this forum almost as insufferable as the Zone with your head in the sand approach to looking at reality.

This fanbase has become a collection of blind idiots who would rather claim that "things are moving in the right direction", or claim that "Rome wasn't built in a day", or claim that "we've made improvements". Erstwhile, what do we see? The same problems year in and year out. And as people OTHER than Slam and I have FINALLY started saying: the only constant is Jerry.

People, pull your heads out of the sand...better yet, out of your rear ends, and start looking at things without bias and maybe, MAYBE, you'll understand why Slam and I are so angry with this embarrassment of an organization.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
johnnypocket wrote:

And you wanna know why that is? Because we have too many GOD DAMNED apologists in here. If you people want to know why I left, it's because people spend more time apologizing for and attempting to happily circumvent Jerry's mistakes rather than admit the truth: that he is the reason why the team tanks. I don't care who our coaching staff consists of, nor does it matter who our players are; as long as that driveling idiot continues to "run" this team, emasculate his coaches, and hand pick players, create an atmosphere devoid of accountability, ignore key areas of need, and spend more time marketing a brand rather than focusing his efforts on football, we will NEVER improve.

Let me say this again: NEVER.

Slamman has spent the last month explaining to you fools what he and I have been telling you for 8 bloody years. And what do we get for our efforts? People like Matts and TO_7 apologizing for Jerry lock step with every press release. They've become bigger mouthpieces for Jerry's junk than Mickey Spagnola. And then the rest of the sheep on this forum blindly follow along until the next failure, which is conveniently overlooked or rapidly dismissed. And when Slam and I point it out, you all immediately ridicule us or come up with excuses. The fact is, I got sick of it. You people have made this forum almost as insufferable as the Zone with your head in the sand approach to looking at reality.

This fanbase has become a collection of blind idiots who would rather claim that "things are moving in the right direction", or claim that "Rome wasn't built in a day", or claim that "we've made improvements". Erstwhile, what do we see? The same problems year in and year out. And as people OTHER than Slam and I have FINALLY started saying: the only constant is Jerry.

People, pull your heads out of the sand...better yet, out of your rear ends, and start looking at things without bias and maybe, MAYBE, you'll understand why Slam and I are so angry with this embarrassment of an organization.

[Sigh]

I am actually glad your back. Since I think you are one of the better posters. But your arrogance and abrasive style has always been your undoing.

Find me one post where I say I want Jerry to be our GM. I don't. I just don't happen to think everything is his fault. And then if someone doesn't agree with you - it's an issue. Why can't we have civil debates? Why can't we be allowed to express different views? This militant my-way-approach is not conducive to a flowing conversation, Plan9.

In Redball I Trust!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO_7, the problem is that you've been tooting Jerry's horn for over a month, and I'm not the only one who said it. TSSS even pointed it out to you. So, I'm not being arrogant nor am I saying anything other than the truth. You've been on the leading edge of the Jerry Apologist Bandwagon while thinly hiding behind the veil of "I never said I wanted him as our GM". Yes, we know that. However, your defense of the moronic things that he does is the problem.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
TO_7, the problem is that you've been tooting Jerry's horn for over a month, and I'm not the only one who said it. TSSS even pointed it out to you. So, I'm not being arrogant nor am I saying anything other than the truth. You've been on the leading edge of the Jerry Apologist Bandwagon while thinly hiding behind the veil of "I never said I wanted him as our GM". Yes, we know that. However, your defense of the moronic things that he does is the problem.

It. Is. Arrogance. Plan9, when all your posts seemingly become 'I told you so posts,' it get's old.

I have said I like Redball, but it was a mistake to have him hired before Wade. But now that Redball is in charge I like the direction this team is finally heading in. Is it coming together perfectly and the world is amazing? No. But 16 years of failure doesn't rest on his head, so I am willing to give him a chance. Especially when I have stated I really believe Jerry is taking a step back. Does that mean he still don't have a lot of control? No. Of course not. Clearly he does. And if Slam's post about the conversation between him and SJ can be believed it shows that Jerry stifled an act that I think many of us would have supported SJ doing.

The thing is - and what you have always failed to realize - is people understand that there are mistakes. People place a great deal of the blame on Jerry's feet. But to ignore anything positive is childish. And to only highlight the negative is deceitful. But the problem is people are not allowed to have their own thoughts. No. Not if you had your way. The way you post is insulting and attacking members that don't agree with you. This forum is a shell of what it used to be, and in parts is because people could not stand being talked down to - the way you do - and in part people posting mindless things. But we can improve that. We can make it better, but it won't happen if you can't come down your high horse and help.

Comment on Michigan in the College thread. Discuss the concept of the OLine in the issue I raised. It doesn't have to always be about Jerry.

In Redball I Trust!
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
People like Matts and TO_7 apologizing for Jerry lock step with every press release.

Did you attend the Slamman school of LIES!! and spinning? Please feel free to try and back up your absurd claims.

Slam -

The ridiculous manipulation of what I/others say is really out of control. Its the reason I have ignored pretty much everything you have said lately.

Me: "I beat that girl in a game of words with friends"

You: "OMG - You beat up women.. thats why you are so dumbz for Jerry Jones.. He probably pays you to punch young girls in the face. You and Jerry sit around making breast cancer poison!!!"

Me: "WTF are you talking about?"

You: "You admitted it right here: 'I beat that girl'. See everything I said was true."

Me: "Ace - lets get drunk".

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

It. Is. Arrogance. Plan9, when all your posts seemingly become 'I told you so posts,' it get's old.

I have said I like Redball, but it was a mistake to have him hired before Wade. But now that Redball is in charge I like the direction this team is finally heading in. Is it coming together perfectly and the world is amazing? No. But 16 years of failure doesn't rest on his head, so I am willing to give him a chance. Especially when I have stated I really believe Jerry is taking a step back. Does that mean he still don't have a lot of control? No. Of course not. Clearly he does. And if Slam's post about the conversation between him and SJ can be believed it shows that Jerry stifled an act that I think many of us would have supported SJ doing.

The thing is - and what you have always failed to realize - is people understand that there are mistakes. People place a great deal of the blame on Jerry's feet. But to ignore anything positive is childish. And to only highlight the negative is deceitful. But the problem is people are not allowed to have their own thoughts. No. Not if you had your way. The way you post is insulting and attacking members that don't agree with you. This forum is a shell of what it used to be, and in parts is because people could not stand being talked down to - the way you do - and in part people posting mindless things. But we can improve that. We can make it better, but it won't happen if you can't come down your high horse and help.

Comment on Michigan in the College thread. Discuss the concept of the OLine in the issue I raised. It doesn't have to always be about Jerry.

Plan, T_O7 is right. Your posting style is, well let's just call it abrasive. A lot of the time, you come across as an obnoxious, know-it-all, over-the-top Jerry Hating prick. For every 1 post you make that has a bit of real insight and wisdom, you seemingly make 10 "I HATE JERRY JONES" posts. You and Slam hijack more threads to spew Jerry Hate than you contribute to actual meaningful discussions.

I was hoping that you would come back with a better attitude. I was hoping that the time away would mellow you out a bit. I was hoping that when you came back, we could try to bring this forum back up to where it was a few years ago when guys like our fallen members were still around and everyone enjoyed posting and reading the comments here. If you are just going to keep insulting people and spewing venom all the time, then why bother coming back? That kind of attitude does nothing for this forum. Now I'm not saying that we all need to be over-the-top homers. Hell, I used to agree with you about a LOT of the anti-Jerry sentiment. But not every freaking thread needs a dose of that nonsense.

I can't speak for everyone here, but I feel that if you are through pouting about not getting into the e-ROH and are going to post something worthwhile, then by all means stick around for a while. You can be a valuable member of this forum. But, if all you are going to do is be condescending and keep spewing the same tired Jerry hate, then feel free to find somewhere else to post it. That schtick got old about 3 or 4 years ago and is a big reason why you didn't get voted into the e-ROH.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 26 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 3 Pass Break Ups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: