Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: VIKINGS (3-1) vs. Titans (1-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robb_K

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect The Vikings to exploit The Titans' weak defence, somewhat. But I also expect The Titans to score on The Vikings. i don't see a blowout, unless The Vikes are on the receiving end of a few freakish lucky turnovers. I expect them to win by about 10 points, but the game to still be somewhat in doubt into the 4th quarter.

I expect a score of about 30 - 20 Vikings.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Vikings blow out this team, I will have more confidence. If they win, but in a meh battle (1-2 scores), I will continue to hold my breath, and if they lose, I wont be surprised lol.

I really think the Vikings need to blow out the Titans if they want to truly be taken seriously. 17+ points imo.

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
ArcticNorseman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this could be a dangerous game for the Vikes coming off the last two wins against a team with an aging veteran backup QB. I do believe the Vikes will win, but I don't expect a big game from the WR corps. I think the TEs and screens to the backs will be the staple.

Ponder should eclipse 300 yrds, with 175-ish going to Rudolph and Carlson. Percy will get his and I think the surprise will be Adrian catching some passes for 75 yrds to add to his 100+ on the ground.

Defensively, I hope Hasselbeck's rusty with timing and feeling pocket presence. Cared could have a monster game.

In the end, I hope it goes 33-17 in favor of the Vikes.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
If the Vikings blow out this team, I will have more confidence. If they win, but in a meh battle (1-2 scores), I will continue to hold my breath, and if they lose, I wont be surprised lol.

I really think the Vikings need to blow out the Titans if they want to truly be taken seriously. 17+ points imo.

I feel the same way. The way I see it, this is a grand opportunity for this team to outright smash an opponent for the first time this season; it can be done if they keep their foot on the gas throughout.

Peppers90 on the sig.
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:

Ponder should eclipse 300 yrds, with 175-ish going to Rudolph and Carlson.

Get out Laughing Laughing Laughing

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After missing two games because of a concussion, Vikings linebacker Erin Henderson is scheduled to start against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday, after practicing two straight days symptom-free.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_21708378/minnesota-vikings-erin-henderson-expected-start-sunday

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
HighHopes wrote:

I feel the same way. The way I see it, this is a grand opportunity for this team to outright smash an opponent for the first time this season; it can be done if they keep their foot on the gas throughout.

let's see if a good week translates through:

Frazier: "They're hungry. They want to have success. They've been working hard this week in practice. Now you just got to go out this week and play the game."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_21708378/minnesota-vikings-erin-henderson-expected-start-sunday

Webmaster wrote:
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if people are expecting, or hoping, for a Vikings route of the Titans, they are going to be disappointed.

This team just isn't built to blow out another team on offense, and more importantly, they don't have that philosophy. It's quite obvious that this team is designed to get a lead, play good defense, and run out the clock. The Vikings should win this game, but they are going to do it by running the ball, taking only a few shots down field, but mostly taking what the defense gives them in the passing game. And on defense they will continue with what they've been doing; applying good pressure on the quarterback, stopping the run, not giving up any big passing plays deep, and allowing only minimal yardage underneath. It's all designed to keep the clock moving,and getting out of the building with a win.

I'm guessing that the VIkings will get a 24-27 point performance out of the offense, very similar to what they did against San Francisco, and the defense will likely hold the Titans to 14-20 points.

My prediction;

Vikings: 24
Titans: 17

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the 3 games that I've streamed and saw live, we have won.
I'll be at home streaming this one.

I'm not going to predict the winner. but I think the winner wins by 10 points and wins based on their ground game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, don't get too cocky about this game. No game is an easy game. Titans defense will be better with McCarthy back in the lineup. And who knows? Maybe Chris Johnson is for real.

I'm not saying expect us to lose, but don't expect us to win handily... I have a feeling this game will be another fight...

EDIT: Guys, seriously... there's a lot of comments about the Titans having a horrible defense. Don't be surprised if Colin McCarthy helps their D, he's great in all aspects of the game. I just get the feeling that we're not going to have a 300 yard 2 TD game out of Ponder like a lot of people are expecting and everyone is going to get on his case because he didn't take advantage of an "abysmal" Titans D...

I mean it's not like one linebacker can do a whole lot to help a defense to be one of the best, but temper some of your expectations... we don't know what we're going up against until we actually go up against it.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeADunn wrote:
ArcticNorseman wrote:

Ponder should eclipse 300 yrds, with 175-ish going to Rudolph and Carlson.

Get out Laughing Laughing Laughing

Totally realistic. We've got good corners but we so terrible against the TE. Start Rudolph in fantasy if you can. Good luck tomorrow, I think this'll be a really good game.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think Peterson is more likely to have a "big game" than Ponder is.

Webmaster wrote:
HighHopes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
Guys, don't get too cocky about this game. No game is an easy game. Titans defense will be better with McCarthy back in the lineup. And who knows? Maybe Chris Johnson is for real.

I'm not saying expect us to lose, but don't expect us to win handily... I have a feeling this game will be another fight...

EDIT: Guys, seriously... there's a lot of comments about the Titans having a horrible defense. Don't be surprised if Colin McCarthy helps their D, he's great in all aspects of the game. I just get the feeling that we're not going to have a 300 yard 2 TD game out of Ponder like a lot of people are expecting and everyone is going to get on his case because he didn't take advantage of an "abysmal" Titans D...

I mean it's not like one linebacker can do a whole lot to help a defense to be one of the best, but temper some of your expectations... we don't know what we're going up against until we actually go up against it.

Why not? Laughing

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
TearsOfPurple

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier has been saying multiple times this week that they aren't looking past this; they are hungry. I think I can start believing what he says.

Minnesota Vikings 2014
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
I just get the feeling that we're not going to have a 300 yard 2 TD game out of Ponder like a lot of people are expecting and everyone is going to get on his case because he didn't take advantage of an "abysmal" Titans D...

Except their defense is truly horrid. There's no way around that, the numbers prove it. We shouldn't be preparing ourselves to defend a mediocre performance from our QB; we should be looking forward to seeing a good-great one.

Peppers90 on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 13 of 50

Jump to: