Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Poetic Justice for Brees
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
To answer your last question, I think that it was just as important to BB and the pats org to prove that they truly were the team that everyone thought they were before spygate, just as much as winning games. I don't think it was good enought for BB and the pats to simply win the games, I think they wanted to make everyone eat crow, which they did.

Fair enough, as long as you acknowledge that, we've got no beef. Consistency is much more important to me than your overall opinion on the matter.

If you want to argue that Brady and BB had a better reason for doing what they did than Brees and Payton, I can live with that because at least you're not denying that Brady and BB did essentially the same thing.

Absolutely...my opinion is that they just had a better reason Laughing

Well the Saints were still fighting for home field advantage and wanted to keep themselves firing on all cylinders for the playoffs incase they didn't get the by.

They were up by like 4 scores with a minute and a half left...I think they had the game sealed Laughing
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Regardless of the situation, both teams continued to pass the ball when they were up. The Patriots beat down on the Titans was a classic example. Why is it ok for the Patriots to do it but not the Saints? The Patriots were risking Tom Bradys health when he was still in the game when the Patriots were up 40 on the Titans were they not?

Did you read my earlier post?

I said I hated that they kept him in with the win guaranteed.

Either way though its two very different situations....BB and Brady weren't chasing a record, they were proving EVERYONE wrong who was saying spygate is the only reason they won so much.

But just to make it very clear since you seem to enjoy overlooking certain parts of my post....

YES, I AGREE WITH YOU...IT WAS VERY STUPID TO KEEP BRADY IN DURING THE TITANS GAME AFTER THEY WERE UP BY 40.

Wait... what? Are you talking about the 59-0 game? Did you want BB to pull Brady before the half? No one does that. If Memory serves me right, BB took him out 1 series after the half. I don't see how thats comparable to Brees vs. Atlanta in which he was throwing very late in the game.

I was simply using 40 as a general ridiculous number to be up by.

I thought it was much later in the game when they took Brady out...if it really was that quickly, then yes, that is a perfect example of BB putting the teams goals over personal records.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Regardless of the situation, both teams continued to pass the ball when they were up. The Patriots beat down on the Titans was a classic example. Why is it ok for the Patriots to do it but not the Saints? The Patriots were risking Tom Bradys health when he was still in the game when the Patriots were up 40 on the Titans were they not?

Did you read my earlier post?

I said I hated that they kept him in with the win guaranteed.

Either way though its two very different situations....BB and Brady weren't chasing a record, they were proving EVERYONE wrong who was saying spygate is the only reason they won so much.

But just to make it very clear since you seem to enjoy overlooking certain parts of my post....

YES, I AGREE WITH YOU...IT WAS VERY STUPID TO KEEP BRADY IN DURING THE TITANS GAME AFTER THEY WERE UP BY 40.

Wait... what? Are you talking about the 59-0 game? Did you want BB to pull Brady before the half? No one does that. If Memory serves me right, BB took him out 1 series after the half. I don't see how thats comparable to Brees vs. Atlanta in which he was throwing very late in the game.

I was simply using 40 as a general ridiculous number to be up by.

I thought it was much later in the game when they took Brady out...if it really was that quickly, then yes, that is a perfect example of BB putting the teams goals over personal records.

And do you know how many times last season that Brees was pulled at the start of the 4th quarter? Quite a few. If he was still in it was almost completely hand off, hand off, hand off, punt, maybe the occasional short pass here and there to extend a drive, but he wasn't padding stats early in the season when he easily could've. It wasn't until the Saints, Brees, Sproles, and Graham were all well within range of making the record a possibility that they actually started trying to reach the records. Before they were doing what they had to to win games.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness, I didn't realize there was this much animosity towards Brees out there! Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Break what record? the 0-4 record? I highly doubt he will be all that amped to beat them, his team will still be 1-4

With a TD pass this weekend, Brees passes Johnny U for most consecutive games with a TD pass.

And how many team wins does that count for...2? 3?

This is kind of the story of the Saints...it seems they very much care about breaking obscure records just as much as they do winning games.

What are you talking about? So should Brees not throw a TD pass on purpose because we're losing? What kind of idiotic comment is that?

Calm down buddy, we're talking about Brees, not you.

And what I was saying is that Payton and Brees last season were obviously chasing the heck out of that yardage record. They were throwing in so many run situations. How many times did we see the saints throw a TD pass from within the 5 yd line? How many times did you see the Saints continue to throw every down, with simple passes to the RB, when they were winning big and late in the 4th when they really should be running and killing the clock.

Nobody is saying the Saints were bad last season, no one is saying Brees isn't a good QB, we're just saying it very obvious that he finds personal records just as important as the teams overall record.

I like Brees, he seems like a good guy and is obviously a very good QB...but he has made it pretty clear that he's obsessed with personal records, something I find much less important than a teams.

How exactly does Brees getting this record prove he cares more about records than the teams record? Thats just a ridiculous statement and you have NOTHING to back it up except they passed a lot last year? They've always passed a lot. We're a passing team. Weird how that works.

Two deep breathes, go back, read my last post, especially the sentence I apparently have to highlight to show you why I think Brees and Payton care about records so much so you dont skip over it in a rage.

Apparently you haven't watched many Saints games. They've been pass happy for years now. Even when they have a good running game, they like to pass. Not sure how that's any indication of how important setting records is. It's almost as ridiculous as the other poster who banged Brees for using his RBs. Let's not utilize Sproles and Thomas! Yaaahh, good idea there Rolling Eyes
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Break what record? the 0-4 record? I highly doubt he will be all that amped to beat them, his team will still be 1-4

With a TD pass this weekend, Brees passes Johnny U for most consecutive games with a TD pass.

And how many team wins does that count for...2? 3?

This is kind of the story of the Saints...it seems they very much care about breaking obscure records just as much as they do winning games.

What are you talking about? So should Brees not throw a TD pass on purpose because we're losing? What kind of idiotic comment is that?

Calm down buddy, we're talking about Brees, not you.

And what I was saying is that Payton and Brees last season were obviously chasing the heck out of that yardage record. They were throwing in so many run situations. How many times did we see the saints throw a TD pass from within the 5 yd line? How many times did you see the Saints continue to throw every down, with simple passes to the RB, when they were winning big and late in the 4th when they really should be running and killing the clock.

Nobody is saying the Saints were bad last season, no one is saying Brees isn't a good QB, we're just saying it very obvious that he finds personal records just as important as the teams overall record.

I like Brees, he seems like a good guy and is obviously a very good QB...but he has made it pretty clear that he's obsessed with personal records, something I find much less important than a teams.

How exactly does Brees getting this record prove he cares more about records than the teams record? Thats just a ridiculous statement and you have NOTHING to back it up except they passed a lot last year? They've always passed a lot. We're a passing team. Weird how that works.

Two deep breathes, go back, read my last post, especially the sentence I apparently have to highlight to show you why I think Brees and Payton care about records so much so you dont skip over it in a rage.

Apparently you haven't watched many Saints games. They've been pass happy for years now. Even when they have a good running game, they like to pass. Not sure how that's any indication of how important setting records is. It's almost as ridiculous as the other poster who banged Brees for using his RBs. Let's not utilize Sproles and Thomas! Yaaahh, good idea there Rolling Eyes

Apparently you don't understand the conversation...

It has nothing to do with what type of offense they are running, they have one of the best QBs in the league, yes, obviously they're gonna be pass happy. It is the situation in which they decided to keep playing pass happy ball when all they really needed to do was run the ball cause only a couple minutes were left.

The whole point was the argument of whether or not it was just as important to them to get meaningless personal records as it was to win games. In which my opinion is yes, it was just as important.

I don't get why Saints fans are getting so upset. I like Brees, I think he's a good guy, done a lot great things for the org and the city, and I've done nothing but refer to him as an elite QB in todays league.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was just the way you worded it at first, it seemed hostile.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Pats#1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
It was just the way you worded it at first, it seemed hostile.

My bad...i'm from Boston, I tend be hostile without even knowing it sometimes. We are what you would call, Massholes Laughing

Ya, I think Brees is great and am personally a big fan of his. I think its amazing how he is able to be so successful and especially so accurate with being so short in a position that usually demands someone that is very tall. I'm hoping you guys can get back on track and maybe make some sort of run, cause I'd love to see you and the packers go at it again in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's naive to say BB doesn't care about records at all. He's a history junky. He loves those things as far as I am concerned.

That being said unless he's p/o and out to make a statement (2010 against Jets, 2003 against Bills, all of 2007) he is much more prone to not try to pile up stats ala Brees/Payton. I mean for cripes sakes last year they had an entire ceremony for Brees for getting yards instead of focusing on winning a playoff game. Can you imagine Belichick EVER giving even more than "he's done a good job for us and it's resulted in some statistical success" in a blank monotone?

Complaining about running up the score is moronic and childish. However there is a difference between doing what's best for your team (testing different packages, giving a backup QB reps etc.) and playing to rack up numbers.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
y*so*blu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no valid reason for anyone to be mad at Brees. He obviously cares about his team, loves the city and wants to win. What's wrong with him? He likes to break records and he wants to get paid? Other teams would kill to have quarterback "issues" like that.

The Saints absolutely deserve to lose games, I have no problem with anyone saying that. But Brees had nothing to do with the bounty scandal.
jordanjc92

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y*so*blu wrote:
There is no valid reason for anyone to be mad at Brees. He obviously cares about his team, loves the city and wants to win. What's wrong with him? He likes to break records and he wants to get paid? Other teams would kill to have quarterback "issues" like that.

The Saints absolutely deserve to lose games, I have no problem with anyone saying that. But Brees had nothing to do with the bounty scandal.

Favre throwing that interception had nothing to do with the so called "bounty program". Don't be mad, bro.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay he got his selfish record. Now he can have his 0-4 record.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Harper41

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Yay he got his selfish record. Now he can have his 0-4 record.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so-called bounty program?!
I think this is the issue that a lot of fans have with Brees and Saints fans for that matter. They get caught with their hands in the cookie jar and simply deny it ever happen..

The Patriots got caught but they didn't go around DENYING it! They simply set out to prove that they could win and WIN big regardless of the so-called advantage.

I don't think Brees gives a big rats azz if other fans think less of him or not but how could I respect a player who thinks I should be STUPID enough to believe there was NO BOUNTY just because he says so... Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: