Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams WR Danny Amendola has broken collarbone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bulger2holt


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 1654
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
Amendola and Steve Smith are basically the same players. They should be able to plug Smith into that slot role (at least)...and have Quick or Givens step up on the outside.



Amendola is way quicker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulger2holt wrote:
titwio wrote:
Amendola and Steve Smith are basically the same players. They should be able to plug Smith into that slot role (at least)...and have Quick or Givens step up on the outside.



Amendola is way quicker


Smith is quick on his routes...not with the ball in his hands (always been that way) He was one of the leagues best route runners before his injury. Haven't seen him run much lately but I know he got open constantly for the Giants on 3rd down prior.

He's a guy that plays the slot very well, runs great routes and knows how to get open.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44045
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000074728/article/st-louis-rams-danny-amendola-has-shoulder-separation?module=HP11_headline_stack


Separated shoulder.. Yikess.

Quote:
St. Louis Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola has a "shoulder separation where the collarbone meets the chest," according to a source who has spoken to the player.

Amendola's collarbone is not broken and he is expected to miss six to seven weeks

_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EnglishLion20


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 11655
Location: England
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really feel for him, battled back from his injury which killed his 2011 season before it had begun, worked to build chemistry with Bradford as his favourite target......only to have another setback.
_________________


Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 9749
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titwio wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
titwio wrote:
Amendola and Steve Smith are basically the same players. They should be able to plug Smith into that slot role (at least)...and have Quick or Givens step up on the outside.



Amendola is way quicker


Smith is quick on his routes...not with the ball in his hands (always been that way) He was one of the leagues best route runners before his injury. Haven't seen him run much lately but I know he got open constantly for the Giants on 3rd down prior.

He's a guy that plays the slot very well, runs great routes and knows how to get open.


Steve Smith was inactive the last two weeks (despite being completely healthy) while Amendola has been a star... They are not even close to being the same player. Maybe before the injury Steve Smith was just as good if not better, but hes not been the same since then.

I wouldn't count on Steve Smith being a legitimate replacement for Amendola.
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
titwio


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 6256
Location: Bronx NY *Sio Moore mofo's
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
titwio wrote:
bulger2holt wrote:
titwio wrote:
Amendola and Steve Smith are basically the same players. They should be able to plug Smith into that slot role (at least)...and have Quick or Givens step up on the outside.



Amendola is way quicker


Smith is quick on his routes...not with the ball in his hands (always been that way) He was one of the leagues best route runners before his injury. Haven't seen him run much lately but I know he got open constantly for the Giants on 3rd down prior.

He's a guy that plays the slot very well, runs great routes and knows how to get open.


Steve Smith was inactive the last two weeks (despite being completely healthy) while Amendola has been a star... They are not even close to being the same player. Maybe before the injury Steve Smith was just as good if not better, but hes not been the same since then.

I wouldn't count on Steve Smith being a legitimate replacement for Amendola.


Maybe he was inactive because basically he's the same type of player as Amendola"? Not sure why they'd need to have two guys like that active.

When I say they are the same player though I'm referring to their make-up...not production. Both slot receivers who run good routes and know how to get open. Don't know how hindered Smith still is following the injury but he should be a guy they could "plug in" and play that slot role for them.

That's what I was saying.
_________________
44 and 21 Once a Giant, always a Giant
bRONX bRIXX
2013 Welcome's you to the "David Wilson Show".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44045
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was active the first few weeks because

1) Pettis was serving a suspension..

2) Quick is still learning the Playbook..
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11407
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if it's 7-8 weeks, do you consider keeping him on the 53? I would shut him down for the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7658
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
So if it's 7-8 weeks, do you consider keeping him on the 53? I would shut him down for the season.


Sounds like a good IR-return candidate. have the Rams used the designation yet?
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Rrrrrrrams


Joined: 01 Oct 2011
Posts: 1236
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.
wells is our ir-return guy..
_________________
i hate the 49ers. i do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
So if it's 7-8 weeks, do you consider keeping him on the 53? I would shut him down for the season.


Sounds like a good IR-return candidate. have the Rams used the designation yet?


Wouldn't he have to come back in like 3 weeks if they did that?

Do they return after Week 8, or 8 weeks after the designation?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17074
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to see Steve Smith replace Amendola as a reliable option in the slot. Unfortunately I don't see it happening. Austin Pettis is the guy to watch in St. Louis.

Also need one of Chris Givens and Brian Quick to produce. Odds are it will be Givens that will see a boost in playing time on the outside.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47583
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
So if it's 7-8 weeks, do you consider keeping him on the 53? I would shut him down for the season.


Sounds like a good IR-return candidate. have the Rams used the designation yet?


Used it on Scott Wells. Amendola only has a dislocated clavicle. It says 6ish weeks for recovery but I wouldn't be surprised if he's back in 4.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7759
Location: DC via ATL
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sad, Danny is easily one of my favorite non-Falcons in the entire NFL. He seems to be super injury prone, which is terrible for him and his chance of getting a nice long term deal, as well as for the Rams because this guy is what seems to make their offense go. Truly hope he is able to come back soon as possible and pickup where he left off..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47583
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
Really sad, Danny is easily one of my favorite non-Falcons in the entire NFL. He seems to be super injury prone, which is terrible for him and his chance of getting a nice long term deal, as well as for the Rams because this guy is what seems to make their offense go. Truly hope he is able to come back soon as possible and pickup where he left off..


Not really. He landed really awkwardly last year on his elbow which caused it to dislocate. You could see it happen with the way he landed. Freak accident. And then he separated his shoulder from his clavicle in the same way that many athletes do it. I wouldn't call him injury prone, just unlucky.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group