Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Still Hope

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qball8001

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Still Hope Reply with quote

Quote:
Looking ahead: In eight of the past 12 seasons, at least one team with a 1-3 or worse record through four games has made the playoffs. But the odds are against the Lions overcoming this early hole and making the playoffs. Over that stretch, the ratio has been about one in every seven teams (14.7 percent) with a similar record making the playoffs.

From the article http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/47313/by-the-bye-detroit-lions-2

By the beat reporter for the NFC north.

I think we still have a chance, a couple of problems fixed, and maybe if special teams plays better they should be fine for the final 12 games.
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We most certainly do still have a chance, I'm just cautiously optimistic about it.

Keys to Success
1. Injured reinforcements return and provide the expected impact(Speivey and Delmas); and anything we can receive from Jahvid would be a welcoming surprise- the kid's got game.

2. Our best depth raises hell on ST's, after an embarrassing start for that unit. Wendling, Travis Lewis, and Kasim Osgood show some emotion and pride, and rookies like Ronnell Lewis and Tahir Whitehead prove to Mayhew that he didn't waste his draft taking chances on players like them.

3. Most Importantly- Our offense returns to it's 2011 form. Stafford regains his accuracy, the WR-core stops dropping so many receptions, we score at a much higher rate, and our effectiveness in the run game improves as a result from all of the above.

It ain't over yet, but believing all of this can happen based off of what we've seen so far leaves one skeptical to say the least.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimism is great but the realist in me see's the odds aren't great and I have yet to see evidence this team is close to turning it around.

On top of that the Lions are 6-10 over the last 16 games. Of the wins last year many were of the comeback variety. During the offseason many teams improved by roster changes through free agency and the draft. The Lions didnt.

We might not care to admit it just yet but the Lions had a hot/lucky start last year and what we're seeing now, in my opinion is a reality check.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Optimism is great but the realist in me see's the odds aren't great and I have yet to see evidence this team is close to turning it around.

On top of that the Lions are 6-10 over the last 16 games. Of the wins last year many were of the comeback variety. During the offseason many teams improved by roster changes through free agency and the draft. The Lions didnt.

We might not care to admit it just yet but the Lions had a hot/lucky start last year and what we're seeing now, in my opinion is a reality check.
Crazier things have happened in the NFL, it just usually doesn't happen for the Lions- except when Wayne Fontes was here Laughing
tytalton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang right there is hope....Eric Reid, TJ McDonald, Xavier Rhodes, Jonathon Banks, maybe a William Moore or a Mike Jenkins in FA to go along with?

There is hope it's just going to happen this year - but they need to play angry from here on in and play spoiler. I need to see a lion beatdown of green bay with this group to salvage something out of this season. Since they have been such cupcakes up to this point I'm sure we'll see them sneak up on a few rivals...
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

Crazier things have happened in the NFL, it just usually doesn't happen for the Lions- except when Wayne Fontes was here Laughing

I would love to see it.

I just don't expect it.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont expect it a revival, I expect a 6-10 type finish from here and perhaps last in the North, it will be an important offseason for the Lions.

Last years draft was more for the future, im hopeing we can draft or sign a few upgrades in FA to start day 1 and we can kick on, im sure this adversity will benefit the younger players in their mental strength etc in the long run for the good of the team.

Sometimes in life you have to take 1 step back, before moving 2 forewords, I feel thats the process the 2012 Lions are going through...

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
studdogs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk radio yesterday mentioned a team starting out 2 and 3 has a 20% chance of making the playoffs...a 1 and 4 team has a 5% chance of making the playoffs. Big game in Philly. Shocked
iLovetheLions

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

This. Guys lets be honest we have a much better look at 1-7 than we do at 4-4. this team isnt any good right now and the schedule is brutal the next 4 games. I have hope but itsng in college right now

Sllim Pickens wrote:
There should be a thread for UM fans and GB fans to sit and talk about how amazing their teams are with each other.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: