Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dontay Moch...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Dontay Moch... Reply with quote

6'2 270 lbs. 4.3 speed (supposedly). Count me as one of those that is very interested in seeing his return to the field...

Quote:
In his first week back since a month-long NFL suspension for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances, Moch is putting a more defined slash between defensive end and SAM backer. A total of 12 pounds.

That's how much weight Moch put on while he served his suspension in the gyms of Clif Marshall (Ignition Sports) and Jim Riggs (Power3) in suburban Cincinnati. The 6-2 Moch, drafted as a 258-pound backer in the third round in 2011, says he's now at 270 pounds.

"I wanted to get more explosive at D-end," Moch said. "But I also did it maintaining my speed and I think I did that."

Just to make sure, Moch, who followed up his 4.4-second 40-yard dash at the scouting combine with a 4.31 at his University of Nevada pro day, lined up for a 40 when his suspension ended Monday at Paul Brown Stadium.

After running a 4.3, he's extremely anxious to get out there. If he can give the Bengals anything close to the rushes from end that he gave them in the preseason with a team-leading 3.5 sacks, that would make the line rotation quite interesting with a man that big and fast.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Update-Bengals-sell-out-More-of-Moch-Full-Nelson-Hall-Clements-probable-/bda92838-c7a0-4871-9d61-f4f4a7f12588

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need the help at DE. We are thin as it is and at end of games and drives I think MJ93 gets worn out

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Spartan300

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will definitely be interesting to see how he will play and how his technique is at DE. He will definitely be raw, but he has a ton of potential.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have to think he'd at least have a viable speed rush from the get go. I hope he earns some reps this week and we can see how he is doing.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always thought it was a risky pick because he was one of those tweener guys. but hopefully his athleticism allows him to make an impact early as he learns the back and forth positions of OLB and DE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that he is up to 270, i'd rather he just stick at DE than try to be a tweener. It'd be different if we ran some 3-4, but we don't. Maybe try to add another 5 lbs or so ny next year.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that worries me is that he doesn't know how to use it yet (the extra weight). Once he adjusts, he will be a nightmare. If Geathers just holds up against the rush, we could put a line of MJ93, Adkins, Dunlap and now Moch in on long passing downs.

I would have activated him for this game, but I guess we are waiting to see who mysteriously gets injured against Miami so that they can move someone to IR.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
I like that he is up to 270, i'd rather he just stick at DE than try to be a tweener. It'd be different if we ran some 3-4, but we don't. Maybe try to add another 5 lbs or so ny next year.

A number of DE's around the league have put on weight to get to 270/280 to have more impact on more downs.

If Moch still has 4'3 speed @ 270, he's gonna be an absolute nightmare to block. Hope dude can stay healthy.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
If Geathers just holds up against the rush,

Geathers hasn't really looked like getting any QB pressure on the outside for 2 years and more now; (see 'Villain' for details); but has looked much better stuffing the run on the inside. Maybe if he has a future in CIN, its as a back-up UT on a lot less money. I reckon its very likely that no-one looks at Geathers as a vet FA DE come March, and the question then is do we look to offer him a cheaper deal during the run up to the draft, as a back-up inside guy ?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
If Geathers just holds up against the rush,

Geathers hasn't really looked like getting any QB pressure on the outside for 2 years and more now; (see 'Villain' for details); but has looked much better stuffing the run on the inside. Maybe if he has a future in CIN, its as a back-up UT on a lot less money. I reckon its very likely that no-one looks at Geathers as a vet FA DE come March, and the question then is do we look to offer him a cheaper deal during the run up to the draft, as a back-up inside guy ?

No, he is terrible at everything...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
No, he is terrible at everything...

Not sure thats right; I understand his wife reckons he flips a good burger........

You watch, no-one will sign him, he'll be sat at home on the sofa, we'll get a run of d-line injuries this time next year, and we'll re-sign him just like Crocker this year.....
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Dontay Moch... Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
6'2 270 lbs. 4.3 speed (supposedly). Count me as one of those that is very interested in seeing his return to the field...

Can't wait to see how Joe Thomas handles them apples.......
sparky151

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moch's girl just had a baby girl this week so congrats to them.

There's a video floating around showing Dontay training during his suspension. He does a 55" vertical jump from a standing start.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Maybe if he has a future in CIN, its as a back-up UT on a lot less money. I reckon its very likely that no-one looks at Geathers as a vet FA DE come March, and the question then is do we look to offer him a cheaper deal during the run up to the draft, as a back-up inside guy ?

IDear God, i hope not on the first point. We have DTs. The second point is far more likely, but again, I hope we don't get that desperate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: