Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Confidence in Jason Garrett?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I think you see respect given the best when you see players fall in line with a system. It's not something that can be measured through the scope of the media.

That's really all you had to say. That's my point to both ht and Matts. They argued that Garrett "commands respect" based on a comment that Witten made to the media. I'm saying talk is cheap and most players will say the right thing. Right now, I don't see a team that has gone "all in" with Jason Garrett or his system. Therefore, I don't see a coach "commanding respect."

Their arguments sprouted based on your assertion, though.

I don't think there is a way to conclusively say one way or another at this point. I happen to think that players are buying in - but that may simply be because I have fallen for Lee and seen the impact he has made.

It's still about the reading comprehension then, isn't it? Go back and read what actually happened. ht made a comment that Jason Garrett commands respect from the players. All I said was, "I'd love to hear how Jason Garrett commands respect."

ht and matts then went to the media to quote Witten who said Garrett is a great coach.

To which, I responded... talk is cheap. This not a team who performs on the field like they have gone all in with Jason Garrett. Then, when ht actually tried to make a feeble attempt to explain how Garrett commands respect, all he could muster up was that Garrett runs a tougher training camp than Wade Phillips. WOW. I'll tell you what... my daughter's JV soccer coach ran a tougher camp than Wade Phillips. That's not really much of an accomplishment.

I've said it before and I'll say it again now... there is NOTHING about the 2011 or 2012 Dallas Cowboys performance on the field that would lead me to believe that Jason Garrett commands repect. The play is far too mistake prone.

And, there was clearly an episode in 2008 where high profile offensive players did not respect Garrett or his game plan at all... and it literally destroyed the season to the point that the 2008 season was voted as a top 10 collapse all time by NFL network.

I actually missed HT's comment and went back to find them. I stand corrected. And my original sentiments hold - I agree that talk is cheap as I expressed earlier.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again now... there is NOTHING about the 2011 or 2012 Dallas Cowboys performance on the field that would lead me to believe that Jason Garrett commands repect. The play is far too mistake prone.

So, you are saying that because our guys make mistakes on the field, that means they don't respect the coach? WTF are you talking about? By your reasoning, whenever Dez or Witten dropped a pass in the first 4 games, it was a sign of disrespect? When Ryan Cook blew the snap count and Tyron Smith had a false start penalty, that was a sign of disrespect? We all know that DeMarcus Ware has a tendency to jump offsides from time to time. I always thought that he was just trying to guess the snap count and get to the QB as fast as possible. Apparently he is doing it because he doesn't respect our HC though. Gotcha. Rolling Eyes

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

So, you are saying that because our guys make mistakes on the field, that means they don't respect the coach? WTF are you talking about? By your reasoning, whenever Dez or Witten dropped a pass in the first 4 games, it was a sign of disrespect? When Ryan Cook blew the snap count and Tyron Smith had a false start penalty, that was a sign of disrespect? We all know that DeMarcus Ware has a tendency to jump offsides from time to time. I always thought that he was just trying to guess the snap count and get to the QB as fast as possible. Apparently he is doing it because he doesn't respect our HC though. Gotcha. Rolling Eyes

Now, I get it... they are making these mistakes as a sign of how much respect they have for Jason Garrett. The grandiose manner in which the team makes mistakes is THE testament to amount of respect that Jason Garrett commands. Sure, every team will make some mistakes throughout a game and season. But, only the coaches who "command respect" from their players can turn these mistakes into the football equivalent of a biblical plague. Gotcha.

TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Dallas has become a very strange place for coaches.

Two words - Jerry Jones.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Two words - Jerry Jones.

I can't believe you just went there. You are about to get hit by an ish storm of Jerry lovers... Matts, ht, WW94 and TO7 have just entered "attack mode."

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Two words - Jerry Jones.

I can't believe you just went there. You are about to get hit by an ish storm of Jerry lovers... Matts, ht, WW94 and TO7 have just entered "attack mode."

Not really. It's either you blame the Head Coach (like people did with Tuna in relation to Sean) or you blame Jerry for allowing the Head coaches to hire the coaches they want. Pick one.

The problem is, when people are critical of Jerry for legitimate issues (Like say, hiring an OC before the head coach) that gets drowned out because people make up irrational issues to hate Jerry.

I have said time and time again that Jerry has issues. That I don't want him as a GM. But it's convenient for your narrative to ignore that.

In Redball I Trust!

Last edited by Texas_OutLaw7 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Two words - Jerry Jones.

Id love to see your evidence that I (and to my knowledge "we") go into threads and defend JJ at all cost and with out logic.

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Two words - Jerry Jones.

Id love to see your evidence that I (and to my knowledge "we") go into threads and defend JJ at all cost and with out logic.

It doesn't fit his narrative to be honest. He needs to distort reality to get people to buy into his stories.

In Redball I Trust!
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Jimmy left, the team has gone through 6 head coaches in 19 seasons (1994-2012) but still has the same GM. And it's not like all the coaches hired were top-notch candidates.

- Barry Switzer
- Chan Gailey
- Dave Campo
- Bill Parcells
- Wade Phillips
- Jason Garrett

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Two words - Jerry Jones.

Matts, remind me again... who was the poster who said that upgrading the secondary while ignoring the offensive line was the most Romo friendly thing Jerry could have done? I thought it was you.

Who was the poster who had the highest grade and/or loved the 2009 draft?

For that matter, regarding the 2009 draft, who was the poster who initially didn't like the 2009 draft but quickly fell in line with Jerry when the scouts liked the draft?

Who was the poster who gave Jerry an "A" grade in drafting offensive guards?

For as much as Plan9 hated Jerry... you guys have done nothing but apologize for your Jerry for years.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

Matts, remind me again... who was the poster who said that upgrading the secondary while ignoring the offensive line was the most Romo friendly thing Jerry could have done? I thought it was you.

Who was the poster who had the highest grade and/or loved the 2009 draft?

For that matter, regarding the 2009 draft, who was the poster who initially didn't like the 2009 draft but quickly fell in line with Jerry when the scouts liked the draft?

Who was the poster who gave Jerry an "A" grade in drafting offensive guards?

For as much as Plan9 hated Jerry... you guys have done nothing but apologize for your Jerry for years.

Feel free to link any of that. Until then you are just pulling more ish out of your rear.

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Can. We not? I told you so posts are so silly. It's what drove Trojans away. People blasted Plan9 for his adoration of Williams.

It's honestly crap posts like "well they are just gonna homer out and disagree" wait. What. If there is not a group-think suddenly we have to divide everyone into categories? This is becoming so dumb.

If you asked the question: Would you want a new GM - the vast majority would answer yes. If you asked the question: Do you think Jerry is responsible for the end of days - the vast majority would answer no.

And yet - people find a reason to blame. Find a reason to blame. Find a reason to divide.

We can't have a conversation anymore about the Safety position without someone being snide about the OL. Congrats. Threads continue to be derailed. And yet - no one cares.

These "well you didn't want to address the OL because you support Jerry" nonsense is just that - since if you looked at most mocks last year the vast majority of us wanted DD. But it can't just be that can it. No. Everytime it doesn't go right it's Jerry's fault. And he has no positive contribution. That's what's dumb.

I don't think I have ever seen one person say Jerry was the Savior. I have seen posters saying Jerry deserves no credit for the SuperBowls but deserves all the blame. What?! Are we 2. Be frustrated - and that's fine. But be rational. There is good. And there is bad. And there is awful. What drives so many of us nuts is how seemingly ever thread is hijacked into a discussion of A.)Smugness and B.) I told you so posts and C.) Jerry bashing. We have sucked for a long time. There is a lot of blame to go around. We seemingly are making some improvements - whether they are sustainable or not remains to be seen. But to ignore that as, "so long as Jerry is here we have no hope" seems foolish to me. But if you honestly believe that, then leave your number and I will be happy to contact you the moment Jerry is gone so your blood pressure can come down.

In Redball I Trust!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it before, I'll say it again.

Stick to football. There's no need to bring up the DCRA/DCOA crap.

^^^Deadpulse
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I said it before, I'll say it again.

Stick to football. There's no need to bring up the DCRA/DCOA crap.

Des, this isn't DCRA/DCOA. This is just a fun game of funny things people say and then later deny saying. Let's call the game...

HE SAID WHAT?!?!

1. Who made comment drafting defense and not OL was the most "Romo Friendly" thing the organization could have done?

Answer: Matts

Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
acowboys62 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
So much for "Romo Friendly."

The most "Romo Friendly" thing that could be done by the Dallas Cowboys is significantly improve the defense.

Exactly, our offense was not even close to the problem last year. Holding leads was.

In 3 of the last 5 games, Dallas scored 13, 7 and 14 points. We lost all 3. We could not convert a first down to preserve a "win" against NYJ, NE and NYG (and probably others). Are you sure that that the offense wasn't "close to the problem?"

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490202&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Here, I just love the insinuation that fixing the offensive line would help Romo was just "grasping at straws."

2. Who loved the 2009 draft?

Answer: htfryar

Quote:
Call me crazy, but I LOVE this draft!!!

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7065826

3. Who didn't originally like the 2009 draft but changed his mind when the scouts liked the picks?

Answer: Matts again

Quote:
If our scouts were behind the picks, I am too.

4. Who graded Jerry ability to draft guards as an "A"?

Answer: TO7

Quote:
I gave an A.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=491050

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

4. Who graded Jerry ability to draft guards as an "A"?

Answer: TO7

Quote:
I gave an A.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=491050

I did. And I explained my logic behind it.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: