Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Suck for Barkley starts today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobby2times wrote:
Davey wrote:
If the Sanchez era is over, than I hope the Jets don't take any risks with the next first rounder's development. I want him to sit for at least one, probably two years and bring in a veteran to play while the first rounder gets up to speed and the pieces are put in place. Someone like Kyle Orton, maybe.

I think this is an archaic way of thinking. Just look at all the QB's that have had a great season as a rookie in the past few years. This isnt an abberation, its going to be the new norm. The new NFL favors offense where even rookie QB's will find success.

Rookie success doesn't necessitate doing it that way, but it's results are unquestioned. Quarterbacks that sit and aren't pressured into playing right away have an incredibly high success rate.
Rich51

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
Rich51 wrote:
I know it's early but I'm on the Geno Smith bandwagon. A three year starter playing for a ranked school making over 80% of his passes. Not bad.

I'm a WVU alumni. I've seen Geno play a lot. He's got a lot of talent and potential, but he's not Robert Griffin III. He plays in an offense with a ton of weapons, outstanding coaching, and is pretty simple when it comes right down to it.

The potential is there. He's been relatively clean off-the-field, but I'm not sure about his football IQ in an NFL offense. We shall see. He's definitely worth a first round pick, but he's not RGIII and that's important to remember.

Glad to see you back, Spiel.

I understand that Geno is no RG3 or Cam, but he is still a potential franchise QB. In what is a weak QB class, I think he is the best of the bunch.

Spiel you've seen a lot more of him then I have (highlites only) but what impresses me is his accuracy, especially after watching Sanchez making so many bad throws.

I know he's not rg3 or cam but I also think he's might be the most successful of this year's crop. However we're still a long way from the bowls so I'm looking forward to seeing how he and the other QBs progress.
Malik

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'm the only one hoping the Cowboys tank and we still Romo, but I'm a huge Romo guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: