Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Road Tripping on a Short Week TNF Cards @ Rams
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Zuerlein hit another FG from 60+ this week
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Nope, but one from at least 55.
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(14:10) 8-S.Bradford pass deep left to 16-D.Amendola to ARI 11 for 44 yards (21-P.Peterson) [58-D.Washington]. Penalty on ARI-21-P.Peterson, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012100400/2012/REG5/cardinals@rams#menu=highlights&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Not that it matters. He caught the pass and you called it spot on as to why. PI's an afterthought.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the Rams first drive Sam Bradford completed 3 passes.One of them for a TD though. The Cardinals had 4 or 5 drives inside the rams 50 yard line and didn't score points.
rickyp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, this game sold Kolb to me. He missed some passes, but he showed a lot in terms of presence. It doesn't surprise me to see Champ say he gained respect around the league. No way you'd change QB based on that performance, especially since he's been instrumental in each of our 4 wins so far.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Outside of the Rams first drive Sam Bradford completed 3 passes.One of them for a TD though. The Cardinals had 4 or 5 drives inside the rams 50 yard line and didn't score points.

Amendola hardly played.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Amendola hardly played.

If they are relying on him then they are in big trouble. He is out minimum a month.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Amendola hardly played.

If they are relying on him then they are in big trouble. He is out minimum a month.

I'm talking about his absence in relation to Thursday's game. The way Bradford was hitting him early, it's a little optimistic to think he would only completed 7 passes had he played 60 minutes. He was eating us up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true, Amendola was getting open often. There was this play where Peterson had a PD but Amendola put a nice move on him and was wide open but Bradford threw it too late. Then you had him putting the double move on Peterson but dropped what should have been a 20 yard reception. Still, the Cardinals definitely amped up their defense after the first quarter.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I can tell you four balls that we dropped that would have been huge plays," Whisenhunt said. "Guys falling down trying to run a route. We got 1-on-1 matchups where we're not making the catches...We get open down the middle of the field, we've got to make the catch. We get open on the curl, we've got to make the catch."

So what do you guys think of this quote from Whiz? Is he putting to much blame on the receivers? I know Floyd had that one big drop and Larry had another drop but the rest of the pass that I can remember being drop were off target and mostly behind the receivers.

I thought Roberts, Larry, and Houlser were getting open a lot in the Rams game and either Kolb was miss firing or the OL was not giving him time to get the ball to them.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
"I can tell you four balls that we dropped that would have been huge plays," Whisenhunt said. "Guys falling down trying to run a route. We got 1-on-1 matchups where we're not making the catches...We get open down the middle of the field, we've got to make the catch. We get open on the curl, we've got to make the catch."

So what do you guys think of this quote from Whiz? Is he putting to much blame on the receivers? I know Floyd had that one big drop and Larry had another drop but the rest of the pass that I can remember being drop were off target and mostly behind the receivers.

I thought Roberts, Larry, and Houlser were getting open a lot in the Rams game and either Kolb was miss firing or the OL was not giving him time to get the ball to them.

What do I think of this quote? It's entirely true. I remember at least 5 or 6 catches that should have been made.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:

Pretty easy to make it appear that Whiz is only blaming the WRs when that's the only portion of the article you reference....Here's another part:

"After the game, coach Ken Whisenhunt started to list his team’s deficiencies Thursday night: the defense yielding big plays, the poor pass protection, the anemic run game."

Here's another:

“There’s probably a whole laundry list of things we’ve got to do better,” he said. “I didn’t like anything (about the game)"

Whiz clearly isn't putting this all on our WRs.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

Pretty easy to make it appear that Whiz is only blaming the WRs when that's the only portion of the article you reference....Here's another part:

"After the game, coach Ken Whisenhunt started to list his team’s deficiencies Thursday night: the defense yielding big plays, the poor pass protection, the anemic run game."

Here's another:

“There’s probably a whole laundry list of things we’ve got to do better,” he said. “I didn’t like anything (about the game)"

Whiz clearly isn't putting this all on our WRs.

Again I agree with everything he said. Poor effort all round. Hard to believe the Rams only scored 17 points.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:

It is the truth, I could also give you two plays were the incoprrect protection call and the failure to pick up a simple mike blitz resulted in a sack. I could tell you two or three plays where we had Fitz in one on one matchups and won and we did not throw him the football.

We did not execute at all offensively. We were getting blitzed a hell of a lot, but we did not adjust.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Amendola hardly played.

At one point Bradford had eleven straight incomplete passes. Of those eleven eight should have been caught by the WR/TE. His numbers were not pretty at all but a lot of that was not on him. Having DA out the second half hurt him. He's got to figure out how to connect with somebody other than Danny on a regular basis.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Amendola hardly played.

At one point Bradford had eleven straight incomplete passes. Of those eleven eight should have been caught by the WR/TE. His numbers were not pretty at all but a lot of that was not on him. Having DA out the second half hurt him. He's got to figure out how to connect with somebody other than Danny on a regular basis.

I watched all 21 of his throws last night and I cannot see this. Three or Four yeah, but there was a lot of bad throws coming out of the hand of Bradford in this game.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:

Amendola hardly played.

I watched all 21 of his throws last night and I cannot see this. Three or Four yeah, but there was a lot of bad throws coming out of the hand of Bradford in this game.

I believe a few ram fans re-watch it as well. I saw it and saw a few drops..

Kendricks-Amendola x2-

Here is Lunatics take::

StLunatic88 wrote:
I just went back and rewatched the Game Tape. I counted 6 drops (3 from danny, 2 Givens, and 1 Kendricks) We also had one blown up Screen play and also an easy completion batted down by Campbell. On top of the Drops, there was 3 Miscomunications/Receivers getting tangled on a route. All those were well thrown balls too. He was being Hit 4 or 5 times while letting go of the ball.

There were only 2 complete overthrows, and the one to Pettis wasnt nearly as easy as I thought it was. Really only 3 bad decisions I saw, and in each of those you can see why he tried to make that play, he just should know better.

So going back, of the 14 incompletions, he only had about 5 throws that I would want to take back. There were 6 drops in there, and 3 more plays in which his WR wasnt where he expected them to be. So while the Raw 7/21 looks bad, His play wasnt anywhere close to that

BBL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 44 of 45

Jump to: