Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kyle Rudolph poised for a breakout season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Kyle Rudolph poised for a breakout season Reply with quote

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/165209196.html

Quote:
According to ESPN Stats & information, Rudolph dropped just one of the 37 passes thrown to him during his rookie season in 2011. He finished with 26 catches for 249 yards and three touchdowns.

And he wasn't 100 percent. In October of 2010, Rudolph had his junior season at Notre Dame cut short by hamstring surgery. And while he was back on the field once last year's lockout ended, Rudolph said he was never really himself. He was pain-free, but would watch himself on film and think, "That's not me.''

"It didn't really start coming back until late last season," Rudolph said. "There were a few times, late, when I was able to run past a linebacker. Then, to have that time off in the winter to train and continue to work on that? Now I feel I'm all the way back. It's been two years, almost exactly two years, since the injury."

Guy has hands of glue. I think he can be what Packer fans hoped Finley would be.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudolph should be a beast as the primary receiving TE and Ponder's likely top target.

The guy catches everything and is comfortable making difficult catches in traffic.

Rudolph is the ideal TE to build the offense around, much like the Pats and Saints have done with their elite TEs.
KingTarvaris7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most excited about him of any player we have I'd say
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamburger Helper will not disappoint.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping so, all my tight end options ran out in fantasy football and it came down to drafting Rudolph as my starter.

Had him as a sleeper, now I need him as a stud and I think the Vikings need him to be one as well to succeed.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I'm hoping so, all my tight end options ran out in fantasy football and it came down to drafting Rudolph as my starter.

Had him as a sleeper, now I need him as a stud and I think the Vikings need him to be one as well to succeed.

I wouldnt have an ounce of worry.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

He'll be fine as a starter.
VIKINGS101011

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i plan on having Rudolph on all of my fantasy teams this year
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should say something coming from a Bears fan: I'm drafting Rudolph as my starter in fantasy, as well.

The combination of Kyle Rudolph, Fred Davis and Jermaine Gresham (two of the three) isn't bad, IMO.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Twice already this season, Rudolph hasn't been targeted at all in the first half. The Vikings have had internal discussions about giving rookie fourth-round draft pick Rhett Ellison more time inline and detaching Rudolph, depending on the game plan.

That could yield more receiving opportunities for a player who probably ranks as the Vikings' second best pass-catching threat behind Percy Harvin, depending how recently unsuspended split end Jerome Simpson's role evolves.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Pelissero_Adjusting_to_inline_Kyle_Rudolph_hopes_pass_game_opens_up100412

Very solid move to make. It would allow Rudolph to act as the third receiver in a weak rotation and be the possession receiver.

Maxx Williams For Mackey
JMac79

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Quote:
Twice already this season, Rudolph hasn't been targeted at all in the first half. The Vikings have had internal discussions about giving rookie fourth-round draft pick Rhett Ellison more time inline and detaching Rudolph, depending on the game plan.

That could yield more receiving opportunities for a player who probably ranks as the Vikings' second best pass-catching threat behind Percy Harvin, depending how recently unsuspended split end Jerome Simpson's role evolves.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Pelissero_Adjusting_to_inline_Kyle_Rudolph_hopes_pass_game_opens_up100412

Very solid move to make. It would allow Rudolph to act as the third receiver in a weak rotation and be the possession receiver.

If Rudolph can prove to be productive in such a role, that would be great. It would be nice to have a steadier #3 WR for those kind of sets, but for now the fewer snaps the Vikings have to rely upon Michael Jenkins out there, the better...

DJC71 wrote:
That's like asking if I'd still buy my ex-wife flowers on our anniversary after she left me for another dude. Heck no. I hope she gets bedbugs.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Quote:

Agreed, I think this is how Rudolph should be used. Let Ellison be the inline TE, and flex Rudolph out wide. Carlson can sit on the bench where he deserves to be.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not stick Carlson inline and maybe flex out once in a while. He can catch. And he is as versatile.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
Why not stick Carlson inline and maybe flex out once in a while. He can catch. And he is as versatile.

I think Ellison is probably regarded as a better blocker than Carlson at this point. Ellison showed pretty good natural hands in the pre season. At this point, if Ellison is ready to get more reps than Carlson, I think its better for this team going forward.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me its looking like Ellison is going to be more productive then Carlson for this role of #2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: