Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: VIKINGS (3-1) vs. Titans (1-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I will be concerned with the Vikings offense if they cant put together atleast 3 TD drives on offense. This is the type of defense MN needs to exploit.

Yeah, I'd like to see our offense really start clicking. Ponder, Peterson, Harvin, Simpson and Rudolph. If they can all have a big game, we'd be in the money.

My prophecies tell me 34-10 Minnesota Vikings. You saw it here first!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
In fairness, they have played some high powered offenses but at no point is it ok to allow 34pts, 38pts, 41pts and 38pts in consecutive weeks to open the season.

Eh our D isn't as bad as the stats show. Its the Os lack of converting 3rd downs that kills our D not to mention the picks and fumbles.... Our D does like to give up TDs in the 1st and then settle down in the 2nd and 3rd and by the time the 4th comes around they are just spent.

So if Hass can convert on some 3rd downs and our D can rest a lil bit we should have a shot in this game. Inless AP goes all man mode on us lol.

But look for Cmac our starting MLB to help our run D after missing pretty much 3 n a half games this year. Hes our fire. Hes our playmaker. Hes our run stopper.

and our CBs have been pretty much shut down man to man on the outside so look for your TE to eat us up in the middle.

Also im pretty pumped to play a team I don't hate lol.

anyways should be a good game. I think it will be a closer game then most of you think. either way heres to an injury free game!

See ya guys on sunday!

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
-Nate "The Great" Washington
Rec: 12 Yds: 160 TD: 0
-Ryan Succop
FG: 9/11 Long: 47
Kellerman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I will be concerned with the Vikings offense if they cant put together atleast 3 TD drives on offense. This is the type of defense MN needs to exploit.

Not gonna happen. This team is not built to beat up on teams, rather to grind out a close win. We might win by a touchdown, or a touchdown and a field goal, but I don't expect anything too fancy, unless everything goes our way like it did against the 49ers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Not gonna happen. This team is not built to beat up on teams, rather to grind out a close win. We might win by a touchdown, or a touchdown and a field goal, but I don't expect anything too fancy, unless everything goes our way like it did against the 49ers.

I agree: we are not a team that generates a lot of turnovers (especially interceptions) and that is usually what contributes to blow-out wins.
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'll be an interesting matchup. According to Football Outsiders, here are the rankings of both teams:

Offense: MIN - 15th, TEN - 25th
Defense: MIN - 11th, TEN - 31st
Special Teams: MIN - 1st, TEN - 4th

Thx to Uncle Buck!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I think this is a game where we play well on all cylinders. We'll get things going.

usually I'd agree with what you are saying though. As most of my predictions have came down to roughly a touchdown's difference.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injury Status has been updated on page 1. Hopefully Erin will be ready to go, because Mitchell may not.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Erin Henderson will play, he is listed as questionable. That usually means they will be more than likely to play, than doubtful anyway.

I think Brinkley will remain as nickel MLB.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Injury Status has been updated on page 1. Hopefully Erin will be ready to go, because Mitchell may not.

According to Pelissero, Erin Henderson should be good to go. He had a full practice today.

With Michael Jenkins dealing with a rib injury, I hope we see a little of Jarius Wright in the slot. The kid has a lot of slot appeal. He has a knack for finding the soft spots in the defense and sitting down, but also has the ability to stretch the field.

Maxx Williams For Mackey
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
disaacs wrote:

According to Pelissero, Erin Henderson should be good to go. He had a full practice today.

With Michael Jenkins dealing with a rib injury, I hope we see a little of Jarius Wright in the slot. The kid has a lot of slot appeal. He has a knack for finding the soft spots in the defense and sitting down, but also has the ability to stretch the field.

Thats good news for Henderson. He was starting to have a nice season coming together.

As for Jenkins. Meh. Does he really even add anything to the team other than being a veteran presence?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
disaacs wrote:

Thats good news for Henderson. He was starting to have a nice season coming together.

As for Jenkins. Meh. Does he really even add anything to the team other than being a veteran presence?

Good blocker? Michael Jenkins kind of sneaks up on you. I could recall maybe one catch this season, but he has 10 for 100 yards already. Still, he's regressing even further. Very little seperation. Swapping out him for Simpsons is a big improvement.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
disaacs wrote:

Good blocker? Michael Jenkins kind of sneaks up on you. I could recall maybe one catch this season, but he has 10 for 100 yards already. Still, he's regressing even further. Very little seperation. Swapping out him for Simpsons is a big improvement.

yeah, I guess.

but then I thought Minnesota was more so regarded as one of the better downfield blocking teams in the NFL?

I won't discredit that Jenkins seems like a hardworking guy, but I don't think he adds much to this team. He plays smaller than his actual size (where as Simpson plays much larger than his size). He's regressed from last year, where we actually threw the ball to him downfield. Now it just seems like he's good for maybe 5-10 yards a catch. No explosion. No physical specimen.

Without a doubt, Michael Jenkins is replaceable.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather see Devin Aromashodu on the field more than Michael Jenkins, but maybe that's just me.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I would rather see Devin Aromashodu on the field more than Michael Jenkins, but maybe that's just me.

Yep to me Devin has shown more then Jenkins so far this season.

I would hope that by next season, neither of these 2 WR are considered for our top 5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Yep to me Devin has shown more then Jenkins so far this season.

I would hope that by next season, neither of these 2 WR are considered for our top 5

The only positive note about Jenkins is he is said to be reliable as a possession receiver, whereas, Aromshodu has shown some big play ability. I think the offense would really benefit having Harvin, Simpson and Aromashodu as the top 3 receivers. Then atleast, you not going to get a guy like Jenkins who is basically useless 10 yards+ downfied. MN needs a spark in the passing game, id like to see what Aromashodu can do as the #3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 12 of 50

Jump to: