Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jamal Charles vs Arian Foster vs RayRice v LaSeanMccoy v MJD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagles101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rice
mccoy
foster
mjd
charles

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strawman Theory wrote:
Jamaal Charles may not even be top 5 with his fumble problems.

...and i'm guessing Adrian Peterson was not a top 5 back his first three years since he had 20 fumbles?

This year:
Mccoy-3 fumbles
MJD,Charles-2 fumbles
Foster,Rice-0 fumbles

Both fumbles this year were really good plays by the D, it's never been a "problem". Charles may very well fumble more than those other 4...regardless, it's not by enough to knock him below anyone just based on that.

1.Charles
2.McCoy
3.MJD
4.Rice
5.Foster

2-5 are pretty interchangeable. Charles is a cut above the others, not only does he catch the ball as well as any of them, he is clearly the best pure runner. Makes no difference if he's the workhorse or splitting carries, his ypc is unmatched. His ypc is actually higher in games when he gets over 20 carries. He's been doing it since '09 when the Chiefs line sucked...you just can't stop him. The Ravens never would've lost the AFC title game if they had JC instead of Rice. He does it with elite vision, patience, speed, and acceleration. His burst through the hole may be the best this game's ever seen. I don't know how many times it's looked like the holes not big enough or it's closing too fast and he suddenly zips through sometimes twisting his body sideways while maintaining his speed and balance once he gets thru gaining 10 or 12 yards when other top backs would've got 4 or 5.

Surely people will disagree by focusing on aspects where he's not as good, but there simply is no RB other than AD that impacts the game like Charles. Still he'll probly get the most 5th place votes and the least 1st place votes solely based on missing last year. There is no way if people were picking for a real team, they'd take him 5th. Some of you aren't being honest, i'm not sure why.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Pshtt Jamaal ain't in my top 5! Actually he may be inching back into it as his ACL is clearly fine. Heading into this season I had him ranked like 8-12, but that was only because of the question marks surrounding him. My top 5 right now

1. Adrian Peterson
2. MJD
3. Foster
4. McCoy
5. Rice

After AP I view all the other guys as equal really, my top 2-5 are definitely interchangeable. Charles, Forte are my next two up.

Charles/Peterson...both tore acl's. AD is still #1, yet Charles was moved down because of it...Care to explain? Both amazingly picked up where they left off to basically carry their team's offense.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Buckweath

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaal Charles over Arian Foster all day. What exactly do people see that makes them think Foster has ever been better than Charles, other than total yardage stats which is greatly influenced by Oline play and playcalling. I mean charles is just that much faster, clearly has better vision and is more elusive than Foster.

You'd think people would have more respect for a guy who has ran for 6.0 YPC over his career. I don't even care if you don't have Dwayne Bowe in your top 20 WR but Charles is really special IMO. He's not the complete package like Peterson but he arguably has the best vision in the game and combine that with his speed
M.10.E

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. AD
2. Ray Rice
3. Doesn't matter
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Forte>>>>>Jamaal Charles

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckweath wrote:
Jamaal Charles over Arian Foster all day. What exactly do people see that makes them think Foster has ever been better than Charles, other than total yardage stats which is greatly influenced by Oline play and playcalling. I mean charles is just that much faster, clearly has better vision and is more elusive than Foster.

You'd think people would have more respect for a guy who has ran for 6.0 YPC over his career. I don't even care if you don't have Dwayne Bowe in your top 20 WR but Charles is really special IMO. He's not the complete package like Peterson but he arguably has the best vision in the game and combine that with his speed

Charles has outstanding vision, but IDK if it's the best in the game. I'm convinced it's AD (regardless of what KC Joyner has to say) or Arian.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:

Matt Forte can't win games by himself and couldn't field a successful offense with him and Matt Cassel in the backfield.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Matt Forte can't win games by himself and couldn't field a successful offense with him and Matt Cassel in the backfield.

Believe me he did…as a rookie he was the Bears offence…he could still carry this team on his shoulders if we hadn’t added more pieces around him…it’s incredible how underrated the guy is by some fans around the league.
Hieroglyphics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the RBs you gave us

1. LeSean McCoy
2. MJD
3. Ray Rice
4. Arian Foster
5. Jamaal Charles

Top 5
1. LeSean McCoy
2. MJD
3. Matt Forte
4. AP
5. Ray Rice
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. LeSean McCoy
2. Arian Foster
3. Ray Rice
4. MJD
5. Jamaal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJD
Rice
Foster
Mccoy
Charles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Believe me he did…as a rookie he was the Bears offence…he could still carry this team on his shoulders if we hadn’t added more pieces around him…it’s incredible how underrated the guy is by some fans around the league.

This isn't a new trend, either:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=436902

Edit: Haha... As soon as I bring up my old "How is Matt Forte this underrated?" thread, some dude ranks him ahead of AD.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Seriously? Atleast he had Orton, who if nothing else was competent....and that 3.9 ypc really put the fear into teams didn't it?

Basically Forte, needed a good QB to get himself into the same category that Charles is with Cassel at QB....it's still not even that close.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol raging Chiefs fan.

RAWR MY PLAYER IS DA BEST EVAAA! UR PLAYAS R DA SUCKZORZ!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: