Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Banner over Arrowhead this weekend?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shanekc88

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Banner over Arrowhead this weekend? Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/10/3/3451262/chiefs-banner-flying-over-arrowhead-matt-cassel-scott-pioli

I did not hear about this until now. Is this what its been like in KC? I live in Cali and I wanted to hear from you guys hows its looking in the midwest? I watch every game/presser/news I can but I would like to hear from the community in which I am not around. How much did this cost? any of you pitch in for it? do you agree with it?
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it came from another message board and their members. i read the cost was 625 or so but they've collected more than that and are planning a phase 2 that is yet unannounced.

as for the pulse here in KC.. it's bad. people love the team but loathe the success. add in the royals futility (only pro team.. read that again.. ONLY PRO TEAM that has not made the playoffs in the last 20 years) and you have a really beaten down fan base.

Sporting KC is really good and in contention again this year for a championship run but soccer doesn't invoke the passion our other two teams do. I still don't view the MLS as the same tier as NFL and MLB (and NHL/NBA) and I don't think many do. (their logo rocks though.. they have good gear!)

Really wanna listen to how things are.. tune in online to the post game call in shows. 810whb.com is the official partner of the Chiefs and they can be listened to online (or on your mobile via apps like tune in radio).

As much as we all love this franchise and expect great things.. they haven't given us any reason to think we will get them! 3.. THREE... JUST FREAKING THREEEEEEEE playoff wins since the SUPERBOWL VICTORY!! 12 playoffs trips in 42 YEARS! Since beating the Vikes this is one of the absolute LEAST successful post season teams in the NFL!

14-28 at home since Lamar Hunt passed! 14-and 29 in you include to Ravens game from 2010 WC round.

As for do I agree the banner attempt.. YES. Anything that raises Hunt's awareness to the disgruntled fan base.. I'm down with! The only way I accept Pioli here next year is if he drafts a QB in round 1!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the frustration but some people want everyone gone. Unless you're winning now it's hard to keep a fan base happy. A franchise needs stability and needs time to grow. We've come a long way in talent since Herm left. We still need a QB, which isn't easy to get, and a coaching staff who can properly/fully utilize players talents.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: Jamaal Charles
Carries:42/Yds:195/TD:1/YPC:4.6
Rec:9/Yds:43/TD:2
Rumless

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the cameras sweep up to the sky to capture the banner on film, and it's aired, that's a huge victory for this segment of fans. I'm curious if the Chiefs organization will pull enough strings to keep that from happening.

Like A86 suggested, listen to the talk shows... 610 is another in town, and not the official partner of the Chiefs, so they might be a bit more biting in criticism because of this.
omar72587

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingseanjohn wrote:
I understand the frustration but some people want everyone gone. Unless you're winning now it's hard to keep a fan base happy. A franchise needs stability and needs time to grow. We've come a long way in talent since Herm left. We still need a QB, which isn't easy to get, and a coaching staff who can properly/fully utilize players talents.

I think what you mean to say is herm's talent in which he has drafted has come along way since he left. How many key components has pioli drafted since letting herm go? OK....Eric Berry but after that you have to really think. Herm was by far the best at bringing in talent. Just wasnt the best in terms of head coach duties.
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omar72587 wrote:
kingseanjohn wrote:

I think what you mean to say is herm's talent in which he has drafted has come along way since he left. How many key components has pioli drafted since letting herm go? OK....Eric Berry but after that you have to really think. Herm was by far the best at bringing in talent. Just wasnt the best in terms of head coach duties.

Herm got lucky in the 2008 draft. He was able to draft 1st rounders but was not able to develop any of them and draft beyond the 1st round. Still Glenn is a miss from where he was drafted at.

We have Bowe, Hali, Flowers, Albert, Dorsey, Charles, Carr.

DJ was a Vermeil pick.

Yup that is a TON of talent.

Pioli drafts Jackson, Succop, Berry, Lewis, Mccluster, Arenas, Asamoah, Baldwin, Houston, Hudson. These are players that are starting or have played a lot of snaps.

That is 3 drafts vrs 3 drafts.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if we would have kept Herm, and let him continue rebuilding, we'd probably have a more successful team right now. He probably would have retained Carr, and I'm sure that he would have drafted a QB in the 1st round by now.

It doesn't change the fact that Herm was a terrible coach, and would have taken way too long to rebuild our team anyways.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
it came from another message board and their members. i read the cost was 625 or so but they've collected more than that and are planning a phase 2 that is yet unannounced.

as for the pulse here in KC.. it's bad. people love the team but loathe the success. add in the royals futility (only pro team.. read that again.. ONLY PRO TEAM that has not made the playoffs in the last 20 years) and you have a really beaten down fan base.

Sporting KC is really good and in contention again this year for a championship run but soccer doesn't invoke the passion our other two teams do. I still don't view the MLS as the same tier as NFL and MLB (and NHL/NBA) and I don't think many do. (their logo rocks though.. they have good gear!)

Really wanna listen to how things are.. tune in online to the post game call in shows. 810whb.com is the official partner of the Chiefs and they can be listened to online (or on your mobile via apps like tune in radio).

As much as we all love this franchise and expect great things.. they haven't given us any reason to think we will get them! 3.. THREE... JUST FREAKING THREEEEEEEE playoff wins since the SUPERBOWL VICTORY!! 12 playoffs trips in 42 YEARS! Since beating the Vikes this is one of the absolute LEAST successful post season teams in the NFL!

14-28 at home since Lamar Hunt passed! 14-and 29 in you include to Ravens game from 2010 WC round.

As for do I agree the banner attempt.. YES. Anything that raises Hunt's awareness to the disgruntled fan base.. I'm down with! The only way I accept Pioli here next year is if he drafts a QB in round 1!

It's still bad, but part of the reason for only 3 wins is the NFL's ignorant excuse for a playoff system. We've had 3 byes which equate to 3 wins we should've had. They don't even have to add a week, just let two more teams from each conference in the playoffs, which makes sense cuz there are usually ties anyway. 10-6 in '05, tied for division title in '99 (with a better SOS and bigger margin of victory)...but no playoffs. Other teams are winning the SB as the last team in, why not add two more? I never liked the bye even before we lost in the 2nd round. I wanted to play. Our reward is homefield and playing the worst seed, we don't need any additional "advantages"....It's the frikkin NFL.

Getting rid of the bye means more revenue,more games to watch, and more teams with something to play for late in the season...this is currently the NFL's most glaring issue that is easily fixed, IMO.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:

Herm got lucky in the 2008 draft. He was able to draft 1st rounders but was not able to develop any of them and draft beyond the 1st round. Still Glenn is a miss from where he was drafted at.

DJ was a Vermeil pick.

Pioli drafts Jackson, Succop, Berry, Lewis, Mccluster, Arenas, Asamoah, Baldwin, Houston, Hudson. These are players that are starting or have played a lot of snaps.

You sure arent digging very deep. There's quite a few more guys that got wiped out after regime change/time. And of the guys you listed (pioli side) who really stands out to you as having made even half the impact of pretty much anyone on the Herm side?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the banner i think it's a great idea! Brass can choose not to watch the news, read papers or even check message bds but it'll be hard to ignore a buzzing banner flying around the stadium letting them know how the fans are feeling.

HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:

DJ was a Vermeil pick.

You sure arent digging very deep. There's quite a few more guys that got wiped out after regime change/time. And of the guys you listed (pioli side) who really stands out to you as having made even half the impact of pretty much anyone on the Herm side?

What players am I missing? B/c only 2 players that I can name off the top of my head are still starting. Pollard leaving isn't even Pioli's fault unless you fault him for bringing in Haley that got in a tif with him. Richardson is starting for the Rams. I don't think anyone is crying about him leaving.

Justin Medlock is the kicker for the Panthers.

Turk McBride and Herb Taylor is still in the NFL but isn't starting anywhere.

Then you have his players that are not even in the NFL. Page, Croyle (His QBOTF), DaJuan Morgan, Cottam, Tank Tyler, Kolby Smith, Marcus Maxey, Tre' Stallings, and Jeff Webb.

Yeah so we have 3 players are starting if you want to add a kicker to that list and only 2 are depth on other teams. The rest of his drafts are not even on a team.

So I don't think a I missed anyone.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok for one you are talking drafts from 4 - 7 years ago, are you trying to say that there wont be players from Pioli drafts that will be out of the league (though there ARE already some)? The more time goes by bud the more picks are gonna move on, whether it'd be another team or post football. Some of Pioli's picks are still new.

And 2 you dodged the question: what players has Pioli brought in that have made any kind of impact that some of the Herm picks have? Exactly. You list off the guys on the current team cuz "These are players that are starting or have played a lot of snaps." well Herm had many of "those" guys here too.

Pioli has had SOME success in the draft, not gonna deny that, but to say things like "Herm got lucky" after a few years have gone by while trying to give Pioli a free pass cuz he got "players that are starting or have played a lot of snaps." isnt gonna fly. Wink

HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
And 2 you dodged the question: what players has Pioli brought in that have made any kind of impact that some of the Herm picks have? Exactly. You list off the guys on the current team cuz "These are players that are starting or have played a lot of snaps." well Herm had many of "those" guys here too.

To answer you question. The players that are Herms have been in the league longer so they have had time to develop their skills (outside of Bowe were developed under Pioli and Co.). You can only really judge Pioli's first 2 drafts b/c it takes players 3 years to fully develop players. Also is Pioli supposed to release all of Herms players b/c he drafted them and re-draft players those positions to prove he can draft players at those positions?

How can you not say Herm got lucky. I listed off his drafts. 2008 was his only good one. Taking out the 2008 draft and you only have 5 players playing in the league and only 3 are starting you are not good at drafting. Note: these players are supposed to be in their prime.

Right now 2010 and 2011 drafts from Pioli's is good. Berry, Lewis, McCluster, Arenas, Moeaki, Asamoah, Baldwin, Hudson, Houston, Bailey, Powe, and Brown.

Berry when he is back to his old self he will be a top 5 safety.

Lewis is a top 10 free safety.

Asamoah is already good but makes some mental mistakes. Imho I think he will be a top 5 guard next season.

Hudson was looking like a great center.

Houston is already better then Hali.

Or are we just looking for flashy skill players like RB or WR or pass rush. Pioli has already gotten as good of a pass rusher then Hali and is better over all.

Anyways I am done with the Pioli hate.
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
Also is Pioli supposed to release all of Herms players b/c he drafted them and re-draft players those positions to prove he can draft players at those positions?

Yes dude thats EXACTLY what im saying. Rolling Eyes Things like this make me not wanna waste my time....so i wont.

HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
Also is Pioli supposed to release all of Herms players b/c he drafted them and re-draft players those positions to prove he can draft players at those positions?

Yes dude thats EXACTLY what im saying. Rolling Eyes Things like this make me not wanna waste my time....so i wont.

Then why bring it up that they are Herms players? What is he supposed to do with them? People are just hating him b/c of Cassel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: