Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 - NFC West - Info Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cardinals begin their fall back to earth. knew it was coming.
posted it a few times... dont remember where though Laughing

that d isnt as good as they led people do believe

new sig... sorry alex
Swift21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There D played pretty well after the Rams opening possession. But that OLine? Wow it's in bad shape. Doesn't help that they have no running game without Wells.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
sbrown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:

they are still good. dont get it twisted, we lost to them last season. you dont go 11-3 over last 14 without being good.

but yeh they dont have an oline that can withstand the pass rushers in our division

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

they are still good. dont get it twisted, we lost to them last season. you dont go 11-3 over last 14 without being good.

but yeh they dont have an oline that can withstand the pass rushers in our division

I don't think their oline can withstand the pass rushers in the CFL. They're really bad.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
sbrown

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
sbrown wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

I don't think their oline can withstand the pass rushers in the CFL. They're really bad.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

I'll take Seattles d over theres any day.

I think we got the west on lock again. I thought Seattle would give us a run. But I'm confident. We have flaws too, but the other teams can't cover there's as well as we can.
I say 12-4. Vikings. Seattle away. Pats. Then either Chicago or another away division game.
I really hope we can get out passing game going strong soon though. Hit playoffs rolling

new sig... sorry alex
Ataal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cardinals' defense is an oddity.

They're:

17th in yardage
21st in passing
14th in rushing
But, 3rd in scoring(1st against touchdowns)

So, very middle of the pack overall, having a bend-but-don't-break defense. They have playmakers in Washington, Campbell, and Peterson.

Not elite by any means, but not something you can sleep on, either. This is why they are being called the Cardiac Cards here in Arizona. There are some similarities between their defense and ours last year. We were very similar, except that we were dominate, by far(20ish less yards per game than the second best), against the rush, forcing teams to become one-dimensional. Which, is also why we allowed more passing yardage. This is not the case with Arizona. You can pretty much pass and rush all day against them, but you can't make any mistakes, because they will capitalize on it. I would say they are closer, this year, to the Packers' defense last year.

I think, this year, we match up very well against them. We rarely make critical mistakes on offense. And, that O-line they have is horrendous. Consecutive games with 8 or more sacks? Good lord.... That is the number one reason they have no running game as well. When Wells and Williams are healthy, they have a stud farm in RB's. They should be dominating with the run, but that O-line holds it back significantly.

Not saying they're a bad team. You don't go 11-3 over 14 games if you completely suck. However, they do have glaring weaknesses. 3 teams nearly capitalized on those weaknesses and last night, the Rams ripped those weaknesses apart. Ken has quite a task ahead of him if he wants his team to remain a contender in this division. Extremely difficult to "fix" an O-line in the middle of a season.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
The Cardinals' defense is an oddity.

They're:

17th in yardage
21st in passing
14th in rushing
But, 3rd in scoring(1st against touchdowns)

So, very middle of the pack overall, having a bend-but-don't-break defense. They have playmakers in Washington, Campbell, and Peterson.

Not elite by any means, but not something you can sleep on, either. This is why they are being called the Cardiac Cards here in Arizona. There are some similarities between their defense and ours last year. We were very similar, except that we were dominate, by far(20ish less yards per game than the second best), against the rush, forcing teams to become one-dimensional. Which, is also why we allowed more passing yardage. This is not the case with Arizona. You can pretty much pass and rush all day against them, but you can't make any mistakes, because they will capitalize on it. I would say they are closer, this year, to the Packers' defense last year.

I think, this year, we match up very well against them. We rarely make critical mistakes on offense. And, that O-line they have is horrendous. Consecutive games with 8 or more sacks? Good lord.... That is the number one reason they have no running game as well. When Wells and Williams are healthy, they have a stud farm in RB's. They should be dominating with the run, but that O-line holds it back significantly.

Not saying they're a bad team. You don't go 11-3 over 14 games if you completely suck. However, they do have glaring weaknesses. 3 teams nearly capitalized on those weaknesses and last night, the Rams ripped those weaknesses apart. Ken has quite a task ahead of him if he wants his team to remain a contender in this division. Extremely difficult to "fix" an O-line in the middle of a season.

Their D reminds me of ours under singletary. we had that same bend but dont break and able to sufficate any team, but also get beat as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Kolb out several weeks.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4151/kevin-kolb

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Kevin Kolb is expected to miss "several weeks" after he had multiple ribs detach from his sternum in Week 6.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Kevin Kolb is expected to miss "several weeks" after he had multiple ribs detach from his sternum in Week 6.

Thats terrible news for the cardinals cuz that means John i stare down Larry Fitz all day Skelton is in now. Every defender on the Cardinals schedule should be licking their chops now. I think Skelton is a terrible QB behind a god awful O-line with no running backs behind him. I'd be surprised if the cardinals win 3 more games. Their next 4 or 5 weeks is pretty brutal for them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Quote:

Thats terrible news for the cardinals cuz that means John i stare down Larry Fitz all day Skelton is in now. Every defender on the Cardinals schedule should be licking their chops now. I think Skelton is a terrible QB behind a god awful O-line with no running backs behind him. I'd be surprised if the cardinals win 3 more games. Their next 4 or 5 weeks is pretty brutal for them.
Ouch with the ribs!!! I'm with you on that analysis. The Cards were pretenders when they went 4-0. Their offense will be their achilles heel this year and their defense, while good isn't enough to overcome their offense.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
sbrown wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

I'll take Seattles d over theres any day.

I think we got the west on lock again. I thought Seattle would give us a run. But I'm confident. We have flaws too, but the other teams can't cover there's as well as we can.
I say 12-4. Vikings. Seattle away. Pats. Then either Chicago or another away division game.
I really hope we can get out passing game going strong soon though. Hit playoffs rolling

Not over yet Wink

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Ataal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Quote:

Just a quick reminder....

We dominated the Cardinals at home when Kolb was behind center, which gave us the leading time of possession in the league. John Skelton is the one who beat us in Arizona.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Quote:

We dominated the Cardinals at home when Kolb was behind center, which gave us the leading time of possession in the league. John Skelton is the one who beat us in Arizona.

Skelton doesnt seem like a difficult QB to figure out. I think we will get the better of them this time around. Plus their O-line is worse this year then last year plus they have no RB's left either.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Ataal wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:

Quote:

Skelton doesnt seem like a difficult QB to figure out. I think we will get the better of them this time around. Plus their O-line is worse this year then last year plus they have no RB's left either.

Don't get me wrong. I still think Arizona is a hot mess right now. But, something about their coaching, Fitzgerald, Peterson, etc... just gets them wins. If they had won on Sunday, that would have been 6 of their last 12 wins being overtime wins. Think about that for a minute. Six overtime games is pretty unheard of in that stretch of time. All wins? Wow. Living in Arizona, I watch all games that are not on at the same time as the Niners' games. It's unbelievable how they pull out wins out of thin air....all.the.time.

I'm going to be at my first live NFL game on the 29th. So, I'm really, really, really hoping for a win against the Cardinals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: