Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scrabble Watch: 2012 edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Eagles TM for my fantasy team and let's just say it hasn't been getting nearly enough points. 7 sacks through 4 games? I was expecting that in one game LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Ok, a little premature at first but his final tally:

Targets 7
Completions 2
Yards 42
1 PD
1 Penalty

There was a big one Hixon caught but the safety bit as he had inside responsibility. Actually, Coleman bit on the first one to Barden as well but still I believe that was still on him.

Not horrible numbers at all. And that last drive offensive PI was clearly the right call. Not sure what some of the post game reporters were talking about when they questioned it.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, this is what we have through 4 games:

Quote:
Season total
Targets 13
Completions 4
Yards 69
TDs 1
PDs 4
2 penalties

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF gave Nnamdi the catch to Hixon but I don't think it was on him. Nnamdi all game had outside responsibility with the safety having inside coverage and Nate Allen clearly bit on the play action. Lets see if PFF changes it in the next few days.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
So far, this is what we have through 4 games:

Quote:
Season total
Targets 13
Completions 4
Yards 69
TDs 1
PDs 4
2 penalties

So QB's are having a 30% success rate when throwing the ball Nnamdi's way. Very nice.

If he and Coleman can get their communication down, then we should be seeing the Scrabble that we all expected when he signed here last off-season. He's clearly been dominant in man-to-man coverage, which Juan has had the defense lined up in on about 75% of snaps thus far.

Right now, there's not another CB duo in football that I'd rather have.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I mean the two big plays happened when Allen and Coleman bit on consecutive play action plays. His numbers would look even better but man every opposing team should do a play action on half the plays.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9L5ZL5uRrg

Nnamdi explains the catch Barden got on him wasn't in man coverage as he was in trail position. So he felt Eli would go deep on him again thinking Barden could get behind him. Maybe he is right, but I think we still have to put that play on him. But for the Hixon play, Nate Allen bit too much on the PA and it was caught where he was supposed to be at.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnamdi boutta kill nate allen Laughing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMjxCZ6TsFs

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnamdi Asomugha has lost his confidence and is a below average CB now.

http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/eagles/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10446544

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Nnamdi Asomugha has lost his confidence and is a below average CB now.

http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/eagles/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10446544

Yeah that is ridiculous. At worst he is a top 15 corner, I mean honestly he is not "below average." I agree with Joyner though that this defense doesn't compare with Jim Johnson's. The media is really hating on Nnamdi lately, some crap I've seen from various guys:

@eaglescentral wrote:

You cannot deny that Nnamdi Asomugha has not been what we expected when we signed him last year. That's a fact.

Crazy_4Football wrote:
Has #Eagles CB Nnamdi Asomugha been a free agent bust so far or is there more to this story? Check out my analysis: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/172586481.html

Some ridiculous comments on this article:

Quote:
Hate to say this but Asomugha has been a huge disappointment since coming here amid all the fanfare. He has been victimized repeatedly this year, and last year was a disaster. He simply is not 'as advertised'.

Quote:
Been saying it for a year now finally the reality is catching on: Nnamdi is hands-down the worst free-agent the Eagles have ever signed. EVER. EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER. They already had not one but 2 Pro Bowl caliber corners in DRC and Asante last year, not to mention a swiss cheese front-7. So what does Howie do?? Go out and mess everything up by throwing truckloads of money at a position that wasn't in need. Brilliant

Quote:
I blame Asomugha. Shut down corners don't normally need help, that's why it's called an ISLAND!

Browsing twitter for foolish negative Nnamdi comments was definitely not one of my brightest ideas, because I came across this often referenced website http://www.talk-sports.net/nfl/girlfriend.aspx/Nnamdi_Asomugha and people were saying that this is the reason Nnamdi is playing bad... Apparently he is having serious issues with his girlfriend? I don't know. Ridiculous either way, people need to realize that Nnamdi is a top notch corner. He isn't Revis, I'm sorry but Revis is one and a kind and people can't expect getting their own Revis.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis was a one-of-a-kind, and with his ACL blown out I'm sorry to say he was also the last of his kind for the present.

I don't see how people can reasonably argue that Nnamdi has been a bust, let alone the worst free agent signing ever. They hold him to a standard that is unattainable.

Most casual fans don't even understand that a corner's success also relies heavily on coordinating their movements and assignments with the safety on his side of the field or even the outside linebacker on his side.

I would stay away from comment sections on any site, though.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who was on the radio but it was funny when he asked Joyner saying it seems like he relies too much on safety help LOL. Like really? Some formations are not just pure man to man. On the cover 4 TD Fitz had he was like why did Nnamdi even want him on that play. Wtf?

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are idiots. And of course we don't compare to JJ, he blitz a heck of lot more.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
oland11

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
People are idiots. And of course we don't compare to JJ, he blitz a heck of lot more.

He also didn't have all that potential/talent on the Dline. If he did he'd straight up have 7 DL in the front 7. He'd put them in the LB spots and boom. 7 rushers.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Targets 8
Completions 6
Yards 48-49
1 holding penalty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 14 of 34

Jump to: