Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 5: Shula Bowl! Dolphins @ Bengals
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Shula Wins?
Don
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Dave
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

Deets

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Week 5: Shula Bowl! Dolphins @ Bengals Reply with quote

Once again Dave Shula is attempting to beat his father. The younger Shula has the distinction of being the fastest coach to lose 50 games while the elder Shula is the winningest coach of all time.

I'm expecting a big game out of Dan Marino, as always. The Bengals defense has proven time and time again to be no match for him. The Bengals have also failed to establish a running game to compensate for the loss of second overall pick Ki-Jana Carter to a training camp injury. Looks like another easy win for Dan Marino and Don Shula.

FF Member #67

Last edited by Deets on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Week 5: Shula Bowl! Dolphins @ Bengals Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Once again Dave Shula is attempting to beat his father. The younger Shula has the distinction of being the fastest coach to lose 50 games while the elder Shula is the winningest coach of all time.

I'm expecting a big game out of Dan Marino, as always. The Bengals defense has proven time and time again to be no match for him. The Bengals have also failed to establish a running game to compensate for the loss of second overall pick Ki-Jana Carter to a training camp injury. Looks like another easy win for Dan Marino and Don Shula.

I really think this game will end up closer then we expect and will come down to the leg of Stoyanovich...
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We stop the run (Benjarvus Green-Ellis) and force Dalton to best us in the air. We use Reggie to beat their 23rd ranked rush defense. This game will be a challenge for Tannehill who will be playing against CB's Hall, Kirkpatrick, and Clements who all appear to be coming back from injury this week and will be facing the D with the most sacks currently. If we can pass on them then I think we take this one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at a different game.

Its December 9 1991, a cool Monday night in Miami. I'm taking my 3 year old son to his first ever NFL game.

The Dolphins are in the playoff hunt but we have to win out. The Bengals are last in the AFC Central and look to be going nowhere,

I'm confidant that coach Shula will have Marino slinging away. Hopefully Mark Higgs and Sammie Smith will give some balance to our passing attack.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ryan Tannehill should have a pretty good game but at this point I think we lose.

Miami 23
Cincinnati 24

Nacho Simulation Football League
ZenZuki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike last week..... I'm thinking we take this one!

Not afraid of Cincy... at all!

Other then Houston... we've been VERY competitive with quality opponents and should very well be 3-1 right now.

If DC can find the gap between the posts and our receivers keep a hold of the handle, I think we'll be fine.

And let the D go all beast mode like last week...

27-17 Us! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
We stop the run (Benjarvus Green-Ellis) and force Dalton to best us in the air. We use Reggie to beat their 23rd ranked rush defense. This game will be a challenge for Tannehill who will be playing against CB's Hall, Kirkpatrick, and Clements who all appear to be coming back from injury this week and will be facing the D with the most sacks currently. If we can pass on them then I think we take this one.

Nope, Kirkpatrick hasn't played a down yet this year. has a gippy ankle and won't play prob until November. Should have Leon Hall and Nate Clements back against yiou guys.

Hope your luck this year turns right about Monday guys.......
fluhartz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Bengals have more talent, but this will probably be a very competitive game.. If Tannehill has a good game, it could go your way.. The Bengals will put an emphasis on the run and make him beat them.
I could also see Andy and the boys having a good day in the air...

Here's to a good game and no injuries... WHO-DEY

Bengals 27
Phins 23

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fluhartz wrote:
I think the Bengals have more talent, but this will probably be a very competitive game.. If Tannehill has a good game, it could go your way.. The Bengals will put an emphasis on the run and make him beat them.
I could also see Andy and the boys having a good day in the air...

Here's to a good game and no injuries... WHO-DEY

Bengals 27
Phins 23
I'll be upset if the Fins lose but I think you're right. If anyone has Dalton on your fantasy team, start him. Carroll and Marshall will get torched all game.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshall is not playing in this game. Word is he has been struggling with a back injury for the past couple of weeks. This could be a big reason he has struggled as much as he has lately. He was solid in the preseason.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
Marshall is not playing in this game. Word is he has been struggling with a back injury for the past couple of weeks. This could be a big reason he has struggled as much as he has lately. He was solid in the preseason.
ahhhhh I did read that. I hope you're right also. A valid point. we shall see
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

Nope, Kirkpatrick hasn't played a down yet this year. has a gippy ankle and won't play prob until November. Should have Leon Hall and Nate Clements back against yiou guys.

I heard he was practicing this week. He is questionable though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:

I heard he was practicing this week. He is questionable though.

Hmmm I'd say an injured rookie who hasn't seen the field yet would probably do more harm than good.

FF Member #67
phinmun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Hartline does well against good competition. I'm starting him in fantasy and I'm banking on at least 200 yards tomorrow! Laughing
carlos2104

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
Well, Hartline does well against good competition. I'm starting him in fantasy and I'm banking on at least 200 yards tomorrow! Laughing
haha you and me both buddy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: