Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock Draft Ver 2 (11/8/12) *updated*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic, don't worry...I asked about doing a mock after week 1. I too like Wilson at FB, but I think we can probably wait another round. I like Safety in the second, obviously would depend on what the value was for CB vs. Safety. I have no issue with the ILB pick we only have Belcher for one year, and honestly I haven't seen anything to say he's worth resigning. Bring in a vet to compete with a rookie there.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to watch for this Wilson kid. KU fan here so I loathe KSU mostly - lol.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
I'll have to watch for this Wilson kid. KU fan here so I loathe KSU mostly - lol.

K-State has quite a few guys to really keep an eye on

1. Arthur Brown
2. Braden Wilson
3. Nigel Malone
4. Ty Zimmerman
5. Collin Klein
6. Chris Harper
7. Tyler Lockett

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:

1. Arthur Brown
2. Braden Wilson
3. Nigel Malone
4. Ty Zimmerman
5. Collin Klein
6. Chris Harper
7. Tyler Lockett

Is the KU/KSU game being aired this Saturday?
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:

1. Arthur Brown
2. Braden Wilson
3. Nigel Malone
4. Ty Zimmerman
5. Collin Klein
6. Chris Harper
7. Tyler Lockett

Is the KU/KSU game being aired this Saturday?

I would think so, but that wouldn't be a game to watch these guys. KU is horrible and if KSU doesn't win by 50 I'll be disappointed.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Chiefer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can dig it.

I almost want to move Berry to FS, and make McDonald our SS in this scenario.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1 - Geno Smith - QB - WVU

WVU 3 game losing streak has not deterred me in ranking Geno as the best potential franchise QB. His release is so quick and his arm is big. He doesn't always throw from the best foundation/footwork but that's really his biggest flaw. Love this kid!

Round 2 - Shayne Skov - ILB - Stanford

I really appreciate Belcher's efforts overall but an upgrade here would be really strong. One thing that makes Chicago and SF so strong on defense is how much of the game they can play from their base. In KC Belcher is such a liability in coverage that we see way more sub package plays and since we have no leads ever.. teams aren't in forced situations and don't mind running at our sub packages on many of an occasion. Get a lead and make teams one dimensional more and this wouldn't be so harsh. Get better in base D though and we can now see much more disguise from our D - something that's sorely missing. Skov can play the passing downs just as well as the running downs in college, hopefully this continues in the pros!

Round 3 - Tyrann Mathieu - FS/CB - LSU

So I was watching the 2011 WVU vs LSU game to see Geno against the toughest defense he will likely face his entire college career.. and Mathieu just kept amazing me. I know he has issues off the field (if he was in Colorado he'd be legal), kinda like a previous 3rd pick this FO made (Houston). His play-making talents are extreme though! Play him at FS in base sets and move him closer to the LOS as a NB in sub packages with Lewis playing deep as the FS. Berry's influence here would be huge as well for Mathieu as Berry is one of the very best character guys we have and he's in the same positional group (DB's) with Mathieu! I'm mocking this pick here with the consideration that Arenas has found a home outside w/Routt's departure.

Round 3 (expected compensatory) - Micah Hyde - CB - Iowa

Continuing to make over the secondary. Mathieu is an inside pick (slot or safety). Hyde is a pick for the outside to challenge Arenas (we havent seen him out there yet) or add depth behind him.

Round 4 - Zach Ertz - TE - Stanford

I really don't expect Boss to be back. I do expect Moeaki to get back to form as a solid starter with hopefully Maneri (blocker) and Ertz (receiver) backing him up.

Round 5 -Trey Millard - FB - Oklahoma

Well coached FB ready for the NFL level. Blocker first but can run in short yardage and is a good receiver.

Round 6-7 BPA
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno and Skov I love!

I really dislike the Mathieu pick. I am not a fan of his at all and there are better safeties in this class than trying to convert mathieu, who will have spent a year out of football, into a safety. At this point he will probably go undrafted so wasting a 3rd round pick on him is not something I am in favor of.

CB is definitely a need, but I don't know anything about Hyde.

I doubt Ertz lasts this long and I don't know much about Millard, but he strikes me more of a receiving FB rather than a blocker. I could be wrong though lol.
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't touch Honey Badger until round 7. Not to get into things we can't discuss too much... (but I'll allow some discussion about how it affects him as a prospect) He's likely more than just a user. The recent arrest suggests that he's dealing, he just won't get charged with it. He has also shown what is more important to him between the smoke and football. Smoke was more important. He's more than just a simple failed drug test. This is MULTIPLE failed drug tests, multiple arrests, and what looks to be him (along with other LSU guys) dealing. I'd take a chance on that talent in round 7. Not before.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Wouldn't touch Honey Badger until round 7. Not to get into things we can't discuss too much... (but I'll allow some discussion about how it affects him as a prospect) He's likely more than just a user. The recent arrest suggests that he's dealing, he just won't get charged with it. He has also shown what is more important to him between the smoke and football. Smoke was more important. He's more than just a simple failed drug test. This is MULTIPLE failed drug tests, multiple arrests, and what looks to be him (along with other LSU guys) dealing. I'd take a chance on that talent in round 7. Not before.

I get all that - and this latest bust is really serious for him - his future hangs in the balance. I think he will make the changes in his life he needs to make to bring football back to priority #1 and by the time the draft rolls around and he starts interviewing, he'll have been without further incident and grown up. I don't think he makes it past the 3rd if that happens.

The dude has freakish instinct. He's been described as a pure football player. First round talent. I think he straightens up and by draft time he's ascending.

Regarding Skov - is there any other LB's I can take a look at that would fit Belchers spot but offer 3 down ability. I really want to get away from so much sub package and am mocking with that in mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: