Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. IV: Training Camp in Full Swing!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably lost Trufant for the season if his back is starting to hurt something you just can't fix.
hdshot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
Quick Question about the PUP list returns, is it on week 6, or after week 6 that the guys can start to return?, I've been thinking about Walter Thurmond the past couple days and with Tru getting time off to rest his back this week (his age is showing) I was thinking if we should/could start Thurmond as the Nickel vs. the Pats, he has done well in the past playing that role.

I think it is 6 weeks off the PUP list. I believe Carp had to be off of it for 6 weeks before he could play which he was removed a few weeks before opening day. So many rules to know but sounds to me a player can't just be taken off the PUP list and play the next day. I could be wrong.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really know which thread to put this in? Doesn anyone else find it a bit concerning that we had just one sack against the Cardinals, yet they've given up 17 in their last 2 games? Obviously, that O-Line isn't very good, yet we weren't able to capitalize. Should we be concerned?
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
I didn't really know which thread to put this in? Doesn anyone else find it a bit concerning that we had just one sack against the Cardinals, yet they've given up 17 in their last 2 games? Obviously, that O-Line isn't very good, yet we weren't able to capitalize. Should we be concerned?

I found it to be very concerning. I have been very sceptical of our pass rush this season. We need a pass rushing LB urgently. We just aren't getting enough push on run downs.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:

It was the first game of the year, the Cards did a good job the first 3 games protecting the QB, but the last two game their scheme is starting to breakdown and defensive coordinators are starting to attack it, also Kolb looked like the same old Kolb last night (deer in headlights)..

I'm not half as concerned about the Cards game as I am/was in the Rams game, We did squat vs. their O-line and Bradford was like the second most sacked QB in the league before that game..

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:

Pass rush sucks on the road, simple as that.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be the scheme? Let's face it, ever since Pete got here and brought the 4-3 Under scheme, pass rush has been a problem. We did very well on downs where we ran a classic 4-3 scheme with Clemons on one side and Raheem Brock on the other. That is where the majority of the pressure came. When Brock left or was injured, the pass rush suffered. In order for the 4-3 Under to generate pressure, you need a strong pass rushing OLB, which we have never had. K.J. Wright is a good linebacker, but pass rushing is not his forte'. He would best be served as a WLB. I was pretty optimistic after the draft, because I assumed Irvin was gonna be used mostly at OLB, to take advantage of his speed, but instead, he plays mostly at DE (in Raheem's old position on passing downs), where his lack of technique and smaller size keeps him from making an impact (with the acception of the Green Bay game).

I know the 4-3 Under is Carroll's baby and it has made a huge impact on the run defense, but it has also caused the pass rush to suffer. If this keeps up, we're gonna have some hard choices to make at the end of the season.
Plush

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can probably chalk that up as the difference between kolb and Skelton
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Irvin and Clemons sucked Mebane was really good i wonder if some of this is due to our LB's not covering there guys very well seemed like Bradford got the ball out quick.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Could it be the scheme? Let's face it, ever since Pete got here and brought the 4-3 Under scheme, pass rush has been a problem. We did very well on downs where we ran a classic 4-3 scheme with Clemons on one side and Raheem Brock on the other. That is where the majority of the pressure came. When Brock left or was injured, the pass rush suffered. In order for the 4-3 Under to generate pressure, you need a strong pass rushing OLB, which we have never had. K.J. Wright is a good linebacker, but pass rushing is not his forte'. He would best be served as a WLB. I was pretty optimistic after the draft, because I assumed Irvin was gonna be used mostly at OLB, to take advantage of his speed, but instead, he plays mostly at DE (in Raheem's old position on passing downs), where his lack of technique and smaller size keeps him from making an impact (with the acception of the Green Bay game).

I know the 4-3 Under is Carroll's baby and it has made a huge impact on the run defense, but it has also caused the pass rush to suffer. If this keeps up, we're gonna have some hard choices to make at the end of the season.

Other than the struggles on 3rd downs I think our defense is playing great. You can say it's 'scheme' or what ever, but the Cardinals that were a pass-rushing monster before the last game vs. the Rams couldn't do much against the Rams O-line either, so maybe it wasn't all Seattle's lack of pass-rush and more the Rams o-line that has stepped up the last couple weeks, I also think we did well vs. the Cowboys on getting pressure on Romo.... and both of those games were at home vs. Dallas & Green Bay, I think the coaching staff (Bradley&Carroll) might be afraid of being too aggressive on the road in game plan and that makes the pass-rush suffer a bit.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belichick praises the Seahawks

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21232791/belichick-really-impressed-seahawks

Don't fall for it seattle. Sounds like he's trying to butter us up and set his team up for an impressive victory. Bill always has an angle, here's the spill:

Quote:
Patriots coach Bill Belichick had strong words of praise for this Sunday's opponent during his weekly appearance on The Big Show on WEEI, especially on defense where former Pats coach Pete Carroll has built a tough, fast team in his two-plus years as head coach.

"They're really good on defense," Belichick said. "They're physical. Red Bryant, [Brandon] Mebane, those guys are really hard to block. Their linebackers are big and they tackle well. You've got to block all of them. They're strong all the way across the board. Pete's really put together a good defensive football team. They're fast, they active, they're hard to run against, they're hard to throw against and they turn the ball over. I'm really impressed watching them."

Belichick also likes what he's seen out of rookie quarterback Russell Wilson. "A winner. He makes good decisions. He's very athletic," Belichick said. "They do a great job running the ball and they have a play-action game that goes with it. He can hurt you with his arm and his legs."

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
bobob123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote for Russell Wilson

Pepsi Rookie of the Week:
http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2012/REG/6?module=HP11_cp

GMC Never say Never moment of the week:
http://www.nfl.com/voting/never-say-never/2012/REG/6?module=HP11_cp

So go and Vote for our boy DangeRussWilson.. Do It!

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
Plush

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote twice
Sacks98

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://seahawks.sportspressnw.com/2012/10/harbaugh-complains-about-seahawks-tactics/

In response to Jim saying he was going to talk to the league about Richard and Browner playing physical past 5 yards:

Quote:
Jim said Sherm and BB were playing too rough. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/DougBaldwinJr/status/259486469989728257

I take it Baldwin never liked his coach at Stanford.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would guys be interested in trading for before the deadline this year?

Devery Handerson and Dwayne Bowe come to mind for me. Though contracts would be an issue

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 12 of 100

Jump to: