Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami @ Arizona; Week Four Defensive Metrics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Miami @ Arizona; Week Four Defensive Metrics Reply with quote

Gay gave up all of his yardage in the first half. Biggest chunk was the 57 yard pass to Hartline.

Peterson was tested today, and he came off second best, he gave up a 30 yard pass to Hartline down the right hand sideline on a perfectly thrown ball which amounts to over half his yardage. He also gave up a chunk to Davonne Bess on a deep dig route. Overall he was rarely thrown at, the chunk he gave up he had perfect coverage downfield then made a slight mistake. His biggest mistake was a big contributor to the 80 yard TD, but more on that in another thread.

Sam Acho was consistently pushing the pocket. He really dominated Jake Long and on more than one occasion he almost bullrushed Long back into Tannehill.

Schofield looks to be getting healthier, he showed much more explosion off the edge and got o the QB for a big sack in the redzone. The Dolphins were looking to a playaction rollout. Run Action left, hope to draw the aggressive outside backer away from his contain assignment and give Tannehill time to make a throw. Schofield did not bit and made the big play.

Campbell did not get any pressure, but he did see consistent double teams and still got his hands on a few balls in the passing game.

Adrian Wilson had a near perfect game. He was great in coverage, that was a pick and a great diving pick at that. When asked to blitz he got good pressure on the QB and on the one pass he did allow to be completed he forced a fumble. Overall great day from Wilson.

Lenon had a good day rushing the passer but Washington looked all over the place especially early. He got better as the game went on, but often times was not getting enough depth on his zone drops and was getting stoned on the pass rush. We need big time D-Wash to be a big time defense.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF has Peterson with 3 catches for 44 yards, where's the other 15?
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PP made those yards back on his fumble return. Anyhow he won't be moved to safety anytime soon.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Miami @ Arizona; Week Four Defensive Metrics Reply with quote

"Campbell did not get any pressure, but he did see consistent double teams and still got his hands on a few balls in the passing game"

That's where having Darnell Dockett in the lineup makes a world of difference.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Miami @ Arizona; Week Four Defensive Metrics Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
"Campbell did not get any pressure, but he did see consistent double teams and still got his hands on a few balls in the passing game"

That's where having Darnell Dockett in the lineup makes a world of difference.

Agreed. He was missed. I hope he plays tonight. The defense needs him.
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere yesterday that Wilson graded out as PFF's best coverage safety last year, have we underestimated Wilson's coverage ability and impact on the defense since his one bad year?

El ramster on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
I read somewhere yesterday that Wilson graded out as PFF's best coverage safety last year, have we underestimated Wilson's coverage ability and impact on the defense since his one bad year?

Fair question. Maybe we have.

The bad years were pretty damn bad though.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson One on one against a TE never worked. I have noticed that Wilson has been very good in coverage this season though.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
Wilson One on one against a TE never worked. I have noticed that Wilson has been very good in coverage this season though.

Agreed. I remember this being a huge problem the past couple years.

Justo on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

Last play of the first quarter; Peterson allows 12 yards on a comeback route by Hartline.

13:02 left in the 3rd Quarter, Peterson allows 30 yards on what looks a bit like a broken play.

9:41 left in the 3rd Quarter, Peterson allows 17 yards on a deep dig by Davonne Bess.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Last play of the first quarter; Peterson allows 12 yards on a comeback route by Hartline.

13:02 left in the 3rd Quarter, Peterson allows 30 yards on what looks a bit like a broken play.

9:41 left in the 3rd Quarter, Peterson allows 17 yards on a deep dig by Davonne Bess.

30 yarder I remember well. Great coverage on that play, amazing throw by Tannehill. Seriously, I was impressed.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

30 yarder I remember well. Great coverage on that play, amazing throw by Tannehill. Seriously, I was impressed.

Schofield got a big arm on him on that play too, just did not wrap up/could not wrap up.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

PFF had him giving up 44 yards to Hartline and 17 to Bess for a total of 61 yards. All that differs from theirs and Khodder's in them including a two yard completion to Hartline.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

PFF had him giving up 44 yards to Hartline and 17 to Bess for a total of 61 yards. All that differs from theirs and Khodder's in them including a two yard completion to Hartline.

ON a smoke route with Peterson playing designed off man coverage. I don't think that accurate represents the coverage ability of the corner so I place it under the Swing/Screen category.

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
ON a smoke route with Peterson playing designed off man coverage. I don't think that accurate represents the coverage ability of the corner so I place it under the Swing/Screen category.

I really wish they would do the same but they don't. A swing/screen play is not only the responsibility of one player but the entire team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: