Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams Void Jackson's final year of contract.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Summerz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Rams Void Jackson's final year of contract. Reply with quote

Looks likethis will be Jackson's last season as a Ram.
Summerz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reported by D'Marco Farr via NFL Network.
Wr80

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete-prisco/20455193/rams-to-let-jackson-void-contract-after-2012-become-free-agent-in-2013

=\ well let's hope he goes to a super bowl team and wins it. We'll rebuild =\
Summerz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes running back somewhat of a need now come draft day this year. I also hope that Jackson can still get his 1000 yards this year, it would be a great way to finish his career here.
Wr80

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see him splitting time with D rich to see if RB really is a need or can D Rich come in next year to do some damage.
RamRod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Lattimore?
D9-EM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its unlikely but I'm hoping this is happening so they can work on his retirement contract a year early. I don't want him to leave. Crying or Very sad
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
It's time. Jackson needs to go to a team with a strong passing attack and an OL that can sustain blocks. He doesn't have the burst anymore to play at a high level behind our OL.

If Pead doesn't show something, I'd expect the Rams to use one of our 3 picks in the first 2 rounds on a HB. Wouldn't mind Marcus Lattimore in Horns...

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
RamRod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
Marcus Lattimore?

But we did draft Pead and Richardson, so I don't know.
Summerz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bright side to this is now Jackson is playing for a contract, hopefully his production will go up due to this so a team gives him good money next offseason.
Brodie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summerz wrote:
The bright side to this is now Jackson is playing for a contract, hopefully his production will go up due to this so a team gives him good money next offseason.

I dont think that is gonna affect his play much. He gives it his all every play no matter. 150% effort every play

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Summerz wrote:

I dont think that is gonna affect his play much. He gives it his all every play no matter. 150% effort every play

Completely off topic, but you could probably get El Ramster to resize that sig for you and be able to actually have the picture show, using the [img][/img] tags.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Summerz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodie wrote:
Summerz wrote:

Yeah thats very true he gives much effort as any player in the league. I really hope he goes to a winner. Jackson is the type of player the Partiots love. He would thrive in New England a pass first offense who when they need to run it Jackson would step in fresh and ready to go. Jackson going to the Pats would be very similar to Corey Dillion back in 2004.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamRod wrote:
RamRod wrote:
Marcus Lattimore?

But we did draft Pead and Richardson, so I don't know.

Pead hasn't shown anything yet. We're going to need a guy who can carry the load. Lattimore would be a great pick especially if he falls to the late 1st or early 2nd.

A few other guys that imo we should consider:
-Knile Davis
-Chris Thompson
-Zac Stacy
-Mike Gillislee
-Le'Veon Bell
-Spencer Ware
-Branden Oliver

Thoughts on each:
Davis - Arian Foster like in that he showed a ton of ability then got hurt and hasn't come back so well from injury on a team that's a mess...big HB with vision, patience and good burst...decisive, has receiving ability and can make tacklers miss/break tackles...if he falls far, could be a major steal

Thompson - Broke his back in 2011 but has come back strong...undersized at 5'8" 190 but runs really hard, has breakaway speed and fights for every yard...will likely fall a bit in the draft due to injury history and size but while he won't be a 20 carry a game back, he can be very good in a 1-2 combo if he stays healthy

Stacy - Hardnosed runner that fights for every yard...isn't a special athlete but runs with excellent pad level, understands how to get under defenders, really churns his legs on contact, good vision and great work ethic...doesn't offer a lot as a pass catcher though

Gillislee - One of my preseason sleeper picks, excellent in blitz pick up, good athlete with good speed...good vision with good patience and can make guys miss with his jump cut/agility, great balance and runs with good pad level...will fight for yards...a lot like Cyrus Gray from last year...jack of all trades, master of none

Bell - BIG HB at 6'2" 245, very good athlete for his size, runs hard but can still make guys miss as he's very light on his feet, lacks great speed, solid pass catcher, workhorse...some might see the body and think SJ but I'd say he's more Michael Bush than SJ

Ware - Will probably drop some due to him being in a backfield by committee...runs a lot like Marshawn Lynch in that he runs with squared up pads, almost never goes down on first contact and fights tooth and nail for every single yard...isn't quite the athlete that Lynch is though but can definitely make a good power HB in the NFL...does not offer much of anything as a pass catcher

Oliver - Need more time to evaluate him but other people seem to like him a lot...gets compared to Ray Rice and MJD

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
It's time. Jackson needs to go to a team with a strong passing attack and an OL that can sustain blocks. He doesn't have the burst anymore to play at a high level behind our OL.

If Pead doesn't show something, I'd expect the Rams to use one of our 3 picks in the first 2 rounds on a HB. Wouldn't mind Marcus Lattimore in Horns...

X2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: