Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I need ur guys expertise on "The Catch Gate"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was one play in a football game, not a political scandal.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
It was pass interference on the offense.

I agree with that but...
Quote:
The league did indicate in a statement the day after the game that Tate should have been flagged for offensive pass interference. Yet Elliott said of the training the replacements received, "It was brought up that you don't really call interference on a Hail Mary. ... You just let it go."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/04/mike-mccarthy-called-replacement-official-referee-wayne-elliott-green-bay-packers/1612489/

According to the league, not calling it was the right call. Confused

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reaffirms my belief that pass interference is never called, on either side, during a hailmary situation. I actually like that, personally. When the the game is on the line, I think either player should fight for the ball. Its clearly not a normal pass play situation, barring a blatantly obvious tackling of a receiver. Push offs are fine as it truly does happen as players try and get position in the endzone.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U disagree, the rules on the last play of the game should be the rules on the first play.
meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:

The bottom line is that Jennings made a selfish play going for the INT instead of just knocking the ball down. The result was that the game came down to a ref's decision, and the call didn't go the Packers' way.

It's time for everyone to stop dwelling on this one play and move on.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

You should have been taught from Day 1 to always knock the ball straight down. Its called common sense.

Yeah every once in a while if u try to knock it down it gets caught by the offense(see Det vs Ten) but its rare.

It was a selfish play and they got burned because of it.

I actually watched it live(on tv) and as soon as i saw Tates hand on the ball i was screaming for the refs to call simultaneous possession...man did my wish come true Laughing

It was awesome!!!!! Just glad for once it wasnt the Vikes that got their hopes crushed.
malachi2532

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meixdaddy_10 wrote:
milanb wrote:

The bottom line is that Jennings made a selfish play going for the INT instead of just knocking the ball down. The result was that the game came down to a ref's decision, and the call didn't go the Packers' way.

It's time for everyone to stop dwelling on this one play and move on.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

You should have been taught from Day 1 to always knock the ball straight down. Its called common sense.

Yeah every once in a while if u try to knock it down it gets caught by the offense(see Det vs Ten) but its rare.

It was a selfish play and they got burned because of it.

I actually watched it live(on tv) and as soon as i saw Tates hand on the ball i was screaming for the refs to call simultaneous possession...man did my wish come true Laughing

It was awesome!!!!! Just glad for once it wasnt the Vikes that got their hopes crushed.

Yea I also remember Mike Tirico yelling something along the lines of Tate makes the catch followed by simultaneous catch....

My first thought was something along the same line as yours "Call a TD tie goes to WR, his hands on the ball!"

Seemed to me to be a bang bang play and the ref that called TD saw the whole play, while the back judge saw just that their backs then ran up to make a conformation.

Glad it worked out for the Purple though!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: