Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What were the Best/Worst series finales of a T.V. program?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys aren't old enough to have watched the season finale of M*A*S*H, but it was very well done and had more viewers than the Super Bowl that year.

Hawkeye Pierce, the talented but screwball anti-soldier surgeon, was recovering in a mental hospital. his psychiatrist was trying to pry out of him what had happened on an excursion picnic that so traumatized him, but Hawkeye wasn't very forthcoming with details. he described it as a pleasant day with peers and local townspeople to celebrate the cease-fire of the Korean War. but along the way, their bus covertly stopped so not to be discovered by a rogue band of looters.

Hawkeye described how a South Korean peasant woman on the bus had a chicken that started squawking and the noise threatened to give away their presence. in tears, Hawkeye described how she strangled the chicken to keep it quiet and all of them safe. the psychiatrist was puzzled, why would the witnessing of killing a chicken be so traumatic to him...?

finally Hawkeye breaks down and tells him it wasn't a chicken, but her infant child crying. she killed her own child to protect everyone else. Hawkeye's injured mind replaced the child with an animal to protect him from full blown insanity taking over.

never a more stirring example of the war is hell motif.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?

Last edited by vike daddy on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrubs had a great finale.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Entourage - I really wanted to like this, but the more I think about it, the more I hate it.

the whole season was just way too rushed. i wasn't a big fan of season 7 at all either and it seemed like they had to rush to "set everything straight"

i thought the actual finale wasn't bad all things considered.

This is one I can really get behind...my cousin kind of summed it up best by just saying "Ari quits?" and then laughing for like 10 minutes.

They really just rushed to tie it up super fast...like they didnt even really try, it was kind of just a regular season of Entourage then they tried to tie up the entire series in a 30 min episode

am i the only one who wishes he would've stayed with dana gordon too? Laughing

El Ramster on the amazing work
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:
I'll second the Scrubs finale as a great one. Loved that projector scene with JD, was perfect.

Also while it wasn't terrible I hated the way Chuck ended. Was a horrid end that didn't fit the show at all and was not necessary at all.

I have seen the last episode few episodes 3 times, and I'm not even sure how I feel about the ending. Not to give any spoilers, I kind of felt like I wasted 5 years watching "it" build up, to have it taken away in 5 seconds.

But then again, the final 5 minutes of Chuck has to be the most emotional I have ever been watching a TV show. Song was perfect, the flashbacks, my god. Im getting goosebumps just thinking about it

Agreed. I was a huge fan of Chuck. Personally, the more I thought about it, the more I liked the finale. True, it didn't wrap everything up in a neat little bow, but the last 5 minutes were enough to provide the audience with, that if you truly had faith in the two main characters, that you knew everything was gonna turn out alright. It was gonna take time and even though we didn't see that happy ending, if you paid attention to Chuck and Sarah's characters throughout the series and saw the non-verbal communication in the last 5 minutes of the finale, you knew that some emotions just can't be buried.

I like you

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Darrelle Revis wrote:
Loved the finale of Lost. Can someone explain to me why they hated it?

A lot of people probably weren't satisfied that they left a lot "unresolved" issues out there, but for the most part hose are all of the philosophical type of issues. I liked it as well. Considering it was a character driven show, and all the characters had their moments of coming together and their "fates" concluding.
The reason why the Lost Finale sux, is the same reason the St Elsewhere Finale sux (look it up youngins). You took everything you had built for 7 seasons and threw it completely in the toilet. In the effort to explain what happened, you took away any and all explanation you had ever created. It just made zero sense. so you brought the characters all together for a big hug n kiss at the end, whoop dee doo. People didn't watch that show to see all the characters together, they watched it to see the storyline wrapped up, to see the answers to the questions, and the Finale left you feeling unfulfilled.

Roseanne's finale sucked b/c they basically did the same thing, in the last 5 mins of the show she says (hey btw everything that's happened for the last 5 years, yeah none of it happened).

Friends was a great finale, really did a good job of wrapping up the show and making you feel good about it.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrelle Revis wrote:
It's not so much that I hated the finale, it's that I hated the final 2 seasons pretty much uniformly.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Darrelle Revis wrote:
It's not so much that I hated the finale, it's that I hated the final 2 seasons pretty much uniformly.

Such a shame that the First 4 seasons were so good. Slow decline from there

PSN: ShiiNyIV
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
you guys aren't old enough to have watched the season finale of M*A*S*H, but it was very well done and had more viewers than the Super Bowl that year.

Hawkeye Pierce, the talented but screwball anti-soldier surgeon, was recovering in a mental hospital. his psychiatrist was trying to pry out of him what had happened on an excursion picnic that so traumatized him, but Hawkeye wasn't very forthcoming with details. he described it as a pleasant day with peers and local townspeople to celebrate the cease-fire of the Korean War. but along the way, their bus covertly stopped so not to be discovered by a rogue band of looters.

Hawkeye described how a South Korean peasant woman on the bus had a chicken that started squawking and the noise threatened to give away their presence. in tears, Hawkeye described how she strangled the chicken to keep it quiet and all of them safe. the psychiatrist was puzzled, why would the witnessing of killing a chicken be so traumatic to him...?

finally Hawkeye breaks down and tells him it wasn't a chicken, but her infant child crying. she killed her own child to protect everyone else. Hawkeye's injured mind replaced the child with an animal to protect him from full blown insanity taking over.

never a more stirring example of the war is hell motif.

You forgot some of the other things though:

Winchester loses his love of classical music and drives into the sunset on a garbage truck.

Klinger stays in Korea to get married.

Hotlips calls it quits on a military career.

Potter goes on to a spin-off that was garbage.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Entourage - I really wanted to like this, but the more I think about it, the more I hate it.

the whole season was just way too rushed. i wasn't a big fan of season 7 at all either and it seemed like they had to rush to "set everything straight"

This is one I can really get behind...my cousin kind of summed it up best by just saying "Ari quits?" and then laughing for like 10 minutes.

They really just rushed to tie it up super fast...like they didnt even really try, it was kind of just a regular season of Entourage then they tried to tie up the entire series in a 30 min episode

Nope. She's a fox and much less of a b than his wife. He woulda been better off imo.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Nope. She's a fox and much less of a b than his wife. He woulda been better off imo.

Haha, yea, forreal...that and his wife was such a side character for the whole show, now she just changes Ari's entire direction?

That was why my cousin was laughing, we have watched Ari build his brand up being a non-stop cut throught business man, then he just quits because his wife threatens to leave him?

The rest of the finale was ok but because Entourage ends all their season with a pretty big event it didnt feel special really.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Haha, yea, forreal...that and his wife was such a side character for the whole show, now she just changes Ari's entire direction?

That was why my cousin was laughing, we have watched Ari build his brand up being a non-stop cut throught business man, then he just quits because his wife threatens to leave him?

The rest of the finale was ok but because Entourage ends all their season with a pretty big event it didnt feel special really.

I think they still want to do a movie, so they didnt give it an epic send off.

Sadly, its not likely to happen.

And I agree it felt rushed.....not sure why they just didnt do one last full seaosn.

Ari quitting was BS and totally unrealistic. You dont devote your life to something like that and then just give it up. In real life...10 times out of 10....the guy in Ari's situation would choose divorce,

It made me hate his wife too because she seemed like a stuck up [REMOVED] the entire time, and she complained constnatly about his job, which brought in that money.

Not as bad as Seinfeld's ending, but still a disappointing ending for a great show.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

I think they still want to do a movie, so they didnt give it an epic send off.

Sadly, its not likely to happen.

And I agree it felt rushed.....not sure why they just didnt do one last full seaosn.

Ari quitting was BS and totally unrealistic. You dont devote your life to something like that and then just give it up. In real life...10 times out of 10....the guy in Ari's situation would choose divorce,

It made me hate his wife too because she seemed like a stuck up [REMOVED] the entire time, and she complained constnatly about his job, which brought in that money.

Not as bad as Seinfeld's ending, but still a disappointing ending for a great show.

Thats part of it too!! His wife complained the WHOLE series!! Why would he quit now!?

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

....who are you?

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

....who are you?

??? Shocked ???
sunnygsm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
sunnygsm wrote:
I'll second the Scrubs finale as a great one. Loved that projector scene with JD, was perfect.

Also while it wasn't terrible I hated the way Chuck ended. Was a horrid end that didn't fit the show at all and was not necessary at all.

I have seen the last episode few episodes 3 times, and I'm not even sure how I feel about the ending. Not to give any spoilers, I kind of felt like I wasted 5 years watching "it" build up, to have it taken away in 5 seconds.

But then again, the final 5 minutes of Chuck has to be the most emotional I have ever been watching a TV show. Song was perfect, the flashbacks, my god. Im getting goosebumps just thinking about it

Agreed. I was a huge fan of Chuck. Personally, the more I thought about it, the more I liked the finale. True, it didn't wrap everything up in a neat little bow, but the last 5 minutes were enough to provide the audience with, that if you truly had faith in the two main characters, that you knew everything was gonna turn out alright. It was gonna take time and even though we didn't see that happy ending, if you paid attention to Chuck and Sarah's characters throughout the series and saw the non-verbal communication in the last 5 minutes of the finale, you knew that some emotions just can't be buried.

I like you

I haven't watched it all again. I might at some point. It was well done and I agree with what you're saying to some extent but I just felt it was a little out of nowhere and quite uncharacteristic of the show to end like that.

^Kempes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: