Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
He definitely does not lead the Pac-12 in tackles, Kenneth Crawley, a freshman CB for Colorado has 40.

You are correct. I read the article wrong. He leads the Pac-12 in tackles who is not a linebacker or secondary.

Im going to have to watch this kid play next Thursday on PRIMETIME against the Buffs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
He definitely does not lead the Pac-12 in tackles, Kenneth Crawley, a freshman CB for Colorado has 40.

You are correct. I read the article wrong. He leads the Pac-12 in tackles who is not a linebacker or secondary.

Im going to have to watch this kid play next Thursday on PRIMETIME against the Buffs.

Yeah you should definitely watch him. The guy is a baller. Very disruptive.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although he comes with baggage, I truly think that Alec Ogletree has significantly more potential than Teo'. He is just the type of super athletic, coverage adept MLB that Fox and JDR seem to love. And he is versatile enough to play MLB and WLB. He would immediatley give us someone who can cover the TE, our biggest weakness on D, IMO.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

I plan on watching him next Thursday, but be warned CU has a hit or miss line.

Also other prospects to watch are TE Nick Kasa, DE Chidera Uzo-Diribe both are raw prospects with Kasa playing TE for the first season and Uzo-Diribe only plays 4 years oh football but both are physical, athletic specimens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Although he comes with baggage, I truly think that Alec Ogletree has significantly more potential than Teo'. He is just the type of super athletic, coverage adept MLB that Fox and JDR seem to love. And he is versatile enough to play MLB and WLB. He would immediatley give us someone who can cover the TE, our biggest weakness on D, IMO.

One of the things that is truly underrated about Te'o is his character and his leadership. I will take Manti everyday over a MLB w/ questionable character. Te'o is a true field general that all of the players on defense can look to as an example. True MLB's should be the leaders on defense they shouldn't be idiots like DJ Williams. Give me Te'o all day, every day.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Fox doesn't have final say, but I am still worried that with the way he likes to run the ball that we will take Lattimore in the first. I like Lattimore but if we go RB in the first I will be so pissed. I wouldn't mind Eddie Lacy if he fell to us in the 2nd though.

Props to Walter on the awesome sig^
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:

One of the things that is truly underrated about Te'o is his character and his leadership. I will take Manti everyday over a MLB w/ questionable character. Te'o is a true field general that all of the players on defense can look to as an example. True MLB's should be the leaders on defense they shouldn't be idiots like DJ Williams. Give me Te'o all day, every day.

Hey jonny, curious about Te'o. I've only seen him once, but he seemed quite fluid for a big guy and a 3 down MLB. What's your take. Any one else thats seen much of him, weigh in.

Thanx!
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T'eo is a potential Patrick Willis type of player. I think he will go in early to mid teens. He can do everything you want a MLB to do. He scheme diverse can cover, blitz play the run. Terrific talent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bailey24broncos wrote:
I know Fox doesn't have final say, but I am still worried that with the way he likes to run the ball that we will take Lattimore in the first. I like Lattimore but if we go RB in the first I will be so pissed. I wouldn't mind Eddie Lacy if he fell to us in the 2nd though.

I highly doubt we take RB high after taking Hillman. Honestly, I think LB is a given at this point to be taken high. I'm not convinced that Irving won't start over Mays this season anyway, so maybe we'll get a look.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhat heard/read that Mingo has struggled a bit during the last few weeks. What's up with that?

Also, what if Te'o is not there when we - hopefully - pick in the mid 20s... do we still go (M)LB?

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
bailey24broncos wrote:

I highly doubt we take RB high after taking Hillman. Honestly, I think LB is a given at this point to be taken high. I'm not convinced that Irving won't start over Mays this season anyway, so maybe we'll get a look.

Can't imagine taking a RB at #1. We still need a couple more "3 down" players on defense and our OL could use a serious upgrade.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:

Hey jonny, curious about Te'o. I've only seen him once, but he seemed quite fluid for a big guy and a 3 down MLB. What's your take. Any one else thats seen much of him, weigh in.

Thanx!

Hard to think of a comparison for Te'o, I would think Rey Maualuga but with a much higher football IQ. The kid has a real head on his shoulders. People will talk about his (lack of) coverage ability, but the guy had 2 INT's in 1 game a couple weeks ago. He might not run with TE's but he knows how to get in passing lanes and read a qb's eyes. However the real value of Te'o comes in his leadership. The guy has an infectious competitiveness and is a real leader on defense (something Denver lacks). He is the kind of guy that you want as a MLB, he is a true field general. I think he gets taken between 20-25 in the draft unless he blows up at the combine. But he is definitely a 1st rounder. His physical strengths include: High IQ, Tackling, Diagnosing, Lateral Quickness. His weaknesses would be: Coverage, Attacking the LOS.
I will get a good look at him in a few weeks when ND destroys BYU, and I will enjoy every minute. I'll keep an eye on him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Oklahoma fans out there or watchees to shed some light on the Best of British, Mr Wort?

Maybe not the ideal height, but meant to have good coverage skills. Started as a Fresher too, so some experience there.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the mocks have us drafting Lattimore around 25. He reminds me of a slightly less powerful McFadden. With the depreciation of the RB position, he could actually fall to us. Would we consider him? Willis getting up there in age...

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Some of the mocks have us drafting Lattimore around 25. He reminds me of a slightly less powerful McFadden. With the depreciation of the RB position, he could actually fall to us. Would we consider him? Willis getting up there in age...

Pre-injury I would be all over him, but right now I would definitely hesitate. Plus I am not a huge fan of taking RB's in the 1st round unless they are truly special. The only RB's I would have taken in the first round the last ten years would be Richardson, McFadden, J. Stewart, AP, Reggie Bush, C. Benson, and C. Williams (And I still would have been wrong on several of them). My personal opinion would be to get help up the middle on defense (DT, MLB, S) and on the oline before going RB early.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 8 of 83

Jump to: