Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

youngbuc20 1/4 mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youngbuc20

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: youngbuc20 1/4 mock Reply with quote

Here is my 1st quarter mock....

1. Manti Te'o - 6'3 255lbs - Linebacker - Notre Dame
Te'o has been a favorite of mine since he first stepped on the field. Is a big physical thumper who is very active around the LOS. The type of linebacker Schiano covets. Te'o will come up and knock you in the mouth but he is also no slouch in coverage either. We move Foster to the outside and let Te'o man the middle. Foster and David will continue making the calls allowing Te'o to just play football. He adds leadership and toughness to our defense and presents fear in opponents eyes. The type of player that opposing offenses will have to account for every play.

http://youtu.be/IK20TaJ7Ixs -----> start @ 1:05

2. Xavier Rhodes - 6'2 215lbs - Cornerback - Florida State
Rhodes (another favorite) is a big physical cornerback. He has extremley long arms and if he gets his hands on you its pretty much over. Though he is 6'2 215lbs he can run with the best of them. Rhodes is a very physical corner who is a willing tackler. I think it would be smart to let him play the nickle his first season until he is ready to start. Rhodes, Talib, and Wright are a solid three. Immediate upgrade to our secondary. I think Rhodes is the player that the old regime thought Myron could be.

http://youtu.be/DVX9daXQq14

3. Dion Sims - 6'5 285lbs - Tight End - Michigan State
Our tight ends are horrible and I think that is a big reason for our offensive struggles. Dion Sims is a big tight end who could helppave the way for Doug Martin. However Sims is not one dimensional. He can also catch passes with his big frame. Should be a big time redzone target for Freeman.

4. Bacarri Rambo - 6'0 210lbs - Free Safety - Georgia
Rambo is a talented safety who has had his share of troubles. From testing positive for marijuana to losing a child I think this guy has done a very good job on the field. If the legend chooses to hang the cleats up he would come in and compete with Ahmad Black and ultimatley I think he will be starting opposite of Barron.

http://youtu.be/PczX7Ej1b34

5. Everett Dawkins - 6'2 310lbs - Defensive Tackle - Florida State
Could be some of my FSU homerism but Im a big fan of Dawkins. FSU has a very talented defensive line and Dawkins is a part of their success. I thinkhe would excell in our defense but wouldn't be an instant starter. Then again how many 5th round picks are. Would add a solid rotational player on the defensive line and would add some depth.

6. Jake Stoneburner - 6'5 250lbs - Tight End - Ohio State
Doesn't have a big frame but he is a willing blocker. Stoneburner is more of a pass catching tight end. I feel he is someone who could line up with his hand in the dirt or put him in the slot. Could create alot of mismatches for defenses.

7. David Bass - 6'4 265lbs - Defensive End - Missouri Western State
Someone that I have recently taken an interest in. Coming from a small school but he is a very intriguing prospect. Solid Depth behind Clayborn.

http://youtu.be/m1qNI0fYZ5s

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Te'o..pure monster. Im not sure if we'll be high enough to draft him, or if its the biggest need as Foster has looked good so this far. If we were to draft Te'o it would move Foster to strong and probably give us one of, if not the best LB corps in the league.

Rhodes would be good, probably wont be there in the second though. CB's tend to get over drafted, but that's the plan IMO is to get one in the first 2 rounds. We have always constantly gotten a new rookie CB in each year and dont think that will change

rest is all up in the air. Im continuing my evaluations, going to start hitting the scouting trail harder here in the next month, but we need to find a couple more pieces in the middle rounds that can contribute immediately

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't need a LB though. Foster and David are monsters and we're in the nickel at least half the time.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we move Foster outside to SLB and turn him into a part-time player when he is playing so well? We have something really good going with Foster and David calling the plays/making defensive adjustments. I wouldn't mess with that, especially when they are playing so well together.

Outside of that, I really like the draft. Rhodes is my favorite CB in this class. It seems like overkill to draft two TEs, but I really like both Sims and Stoneburner.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Why would we move Foster outside to SLB and turn him into a part-time player when he is playing so well? We have something really good going with Foster and David calling the plays/making defensive adjustments. I wouldn't mess with that, especially when they are playing so well together.

Outside of that, I really like the draft. Rhodes is my favorite CB in this class. It seems like overkill to draft two TEs, but I really like both Sims and Stoneburner.

agreed with this... I know manti is a special linebacker but I like what we have going with our linebackers right now... and I don't know if Rhodes would be there in the 2nd, assuming we're not picking top 5
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the 1st two picks. Foster has been beasting ad f it continues it eliminates a need.

Rhodes won't be a 2nd rounder. And I just haven't done enough research on him but I haven't seen him play any top competition.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

you like Rhodes better then Millner? I really need to catch more tape on him then if you think that. Maybe it's my bama homerism, but you know ive seen every snap that Millner has played since walking on campus.

man i need to start getting my film. Wish my writing money kicks in and big so i can quit my normal job lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

you like Rhodes better then Millner? I really need to catch more tape on him then if you think that. Maybe it's my bama homerism, but you know ive seen every snap that Millner has played since walking on campus.

man i need to start getting my film. Wish my writing money kicks in and big so i can quit my normal job lol
I like Rhodes more too. Milliner is moving up though.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
I like Rhodes more too. Milliner is moving up though.

Let me ask you why? I know why I like Millner.

Millner has been getting legit playing time since a freshman, thrown into the fire as a a true freshman on a championship team.

Each year his technique has improved. He is an excellent bump and run corner, and understands zone coverages very well. Get's proper depth in his third and is big and physical for the third.

He can do it all, he blitzes and is effective at it. He has a couple sacks and pressures on his career.

He has very good ball skills, and knows what to do when the ball is in his hands. He has 5 career int's returned 3, has a barray of forced fumbles, and tons of pass deflections. He already has 9 on this year. He just knows what to do when the ball is in the air

He is 6'1, 200 lbs....outstanding size for a CB

my favorite thing though about Dee? His footwork. It's a thing of beauty. I really want you guys to catch the next Bama game you can and stare at it. Very quick in and out of breaks.

Saban knows how to coach DB's. If Ronde were to retire next year and we could get Lester and Millner... Pray Pray Pray Pray

You know im being greddy, ill wait for Landon Collins to come out later Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe ronde wont be around next year... so we do need to address Safety again, thats why i like TJ MCDONALD.. the first 3 ROUNDS are awesome i would be really excited if we got those players. Teo would really make are LB core great. Rhodes is a big tall corner would make a great addition i just think we need to pick a safety higher then the 4th
youngbuc20

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Manti could play the middle or Sam. I'm a big Foster supporter and love what he's done so far this season but i want that true middle linebacker. That guy that teams will try to avoid. That big physical presence. I want that Patrick Willis - Ray Lewis type linebacker in the middle and that's Te'o. I know it might not be a need but its definitely an instant upgrade to the defense.

However if we didn't go Te'o in the first Milliner would be my pick. I love what he has done so far this season as a starter. Going up against top notch competition and shuts them down. He has looked great so far but he has looked too good. He would be top ten for sure maybe even top 5 and i think we're better then that. I think he is a better prospect coming out then Claiborne was. Yeah I said it.

My alternate would probably be

1. Dee Milliner
2. Tyler Eifert/Robert Lester
3. Safety/Tight End

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: youngbuc20 1/4 mock Reply with quote

youngbuc20 wrote:
Here is my 1st quarter mock....

1. Manti Te'o - 6'3 255lbs - Linebacker - Notre Dame
Te'o has been a favorite of mine since he first stepped on the field. Is a big physical thumper who is very active around the LOS. The type of linebacker Schiano covets. Te'o will come up and knock you in the mouth but he is also no slouch in coverage either. We move Foster to the outside and let Te'o man the middle. Foster and David will continue making the calls allowing Te'o to just play football. He adds leadership and toughness to our defense and presents fear in opponents eyes. The type of player that opposing offenses will have to account for every play.

http://youtu.be/IK20TaJ7Ixs -----> start @ 1:05

2. Xavier Rhodes - 6'2 215lbs - Cornerback - Florida State
Rhodes (another favorite) is a big physical cornerback. He has extremley long arms and if he gets his hands on you its pretty much over. Though he is 6'2 215lbs he can run with the best of them. Rhodes is a very physical corner who is a willing tackler. I think it would be smart to let him play the nickle his first season until he is ready to start. Rhodes, Talib, and Wright are a solid three. Immediate upgrade to our secondary. I think Rhodes is the player that the old regime thought Myron could be.

http://youtu.be/DVX9daXQq14

3. Dion Sims - 6'5 285lbs - Tight End - Michigan State
Our tight ends are horrible and I think that is a big reason for our offensive struggles. Dion Sims is a big tight end who could helppave the way for Doug Martin. However Sims is not one dimensional. He can also catch passes with his big frame. Should be a big time redzone target for Freeman.

4. Bacarri Rambo - 6'0 210lbs - Free Safety - Georgia
Rambo is a talented safety who has had his share of troubles. From testing positive for marijuana to losing a child I think this guy has done a very good job on the field. If the legend chooses to hang the cleats up he would come in and compete with Ahmad Black and ultimatley I think he will be starting opposite of Barron.

http://youtu.be/PczX7Ej1b34

5. Everett Dawkins - 6'2 310lbs - Defensive Tackle - Florida State
Could be some of my FSU homerism but Im a big fan of Dawkins. FSU has a very talented defensive line and Dawkins is a part of their success. I thinkhe would excell in our defense but wouldn't be an instant starter. Then again how many 5th round picks are. Would add a solid rotational player on the defensive line and would add some depth.

6. Jake Stoneburner - 6'5 250lbs - Tight End - Ohio State
Doesn't have a big frame but he is a willing blocker. Stoneburner is more of a pass catching tight end. I feel he is someone who could line up with his hand in the dirt or put him in the slot. Could create alot of mismatches for defenses.

7. David Bass - 6'4 265lbs - Defensive End - Missouri Western State
Someone that I have recently taken an interest in. Coming from a small school but he is a very intriguing prospect. Solid Depth behind Clayborn.

http://youtu.be/m1qNI0fYZ5s

I agree, I like these picks.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I look at our team, I don't see LB as a big need. I'd rather focus on the DL or secondary as many others have said (although I don't think we need to spend a 1st on a pass rusher since we will get Bowers and Clayborn back.

However, I'll never argue with BPA, and if Te'o is the best guy there than so be it.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

It's really splitting hairs with these two. I like them both. I like Rhodes a bit more because I think he does a better job of getting his head around when the ball is in the air and he's the best run support CB in this class (that's not a knock on Milliner, he's very good in run support too).

I'd be happy with either one, but Rhodes just barely edges Milliner in my eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No QB in your mock?

Also I like Te'o just don't think he will be there when we pick. I do like the Rhodes pick though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: