Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Basketball Recruiting Thread I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
I just find it really interesting that their father, Harrison Sr., has publicly praised Mark Turgeon and the University of Maryland as much as he has. And also the fact that he won't let college coaches directly call his sons but that he allows an Under Armour official to call them directly.

Now Harrison Sr. has said that coaches do in fact have their numbers. This guy is a headache. I feel like he'll be causing problems for these boys until they retire from the professional ranks. Can't wait for Thursday though.

I feel like their recruitment will drag on util they sign their letters of intent with their dad, the universities and other outside factors trying to convince them either way.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously can Thursday come any slower!? This is gotta be one of the bigger announcements in recent memory. Bigger than Nerlens and Shabazz's IMO because in this case one school will be getting two top prospects. I really am not too worried about SMU, I know they have an all time great coach that the twins love but it's a rebuilding project there and I'm not sure they're up for that task. Have a bad feeling that they're going to Maryland though because I feel that that's where their dad wants them to go. Hopefully I'm wrong though and they choose Kentucky, best chance to win immediately and be drafted higher.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
1,404 yards, 8 TDs, 6 INTs, 0 butt fumbles, 2 sideline hot dogs, 89.3 Passer Rating
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever lands the Harrison twins will have the best backcourt in the country while they're with their program. It's not too often a program has a chance to bring in two big time stars like them in the same class.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been busy at work. Marquette picked up a commitment from under the radar New Mexico PG John Dawson. Also, in the thick of it for rising C Joel Embiid. Embiid also looking at Louisville, UF, Texas, and Kansas. He has official visits with Kansas and Texas this week.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5* PF Julius Randle (Plano, TX) has cut his list down to six. Texas, Oklahoma, N.C. State, Kentucky, Kansas, and Florida.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where anyone ever said the Harrison's were a heavy Kentucky lean. They have definite ties to the MD area with their grandparents living in Baltimore, and Shaq Cleare on the team (played on their AAU team), along with UMD assistant coach Bino Ranson being friends with their dad, and Turge recruiting them at A&M.

It's not a huge longshot that they go to MD. MD isn't Kentucky, but it's a pretty prestigious and highly-thought of basketball school in it's own right and the team has a lot of talent on it which would be great for the Harrison's.

Even if we don't land them, Turge is after Roddy Peters/Rysheed Jordan. Peters, even though he's visiting Kansas, would have to be considered a MD lean.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to imagine that, especially with Kansas stepping up their pursuit of Peters, Turgeon and Bino would bother to travel halfway across the country just to talk in person about the Harrisons going to Kentucky. That is precious time wasted at a period where time is of the essence.

They have to believe in going down there that, at the very least, they have some sort of shot at sealing the deal. That, or they already know they're going to pick Maryland. Depends to me on who initiated the in-home visit the day before the announcement: Turgeon or the Harrisons. If Turgeon asked to come down there, it probably means good things for Kentucky. If they asked Bino and Turgeon to be there, it's possible that they simply want to give them the good news in person and perhaps even involve them in the announcement.

At this point I still feel like it's 40/60 in Kentucky's favor, but there's definitely a fighting chance for us. Either way, tomorrow can't come soon enough.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinsforlife wrote:
4* PF Chris Perry is deciding on Wednesday.

Down to USF, Tulsa, Cincy and UCF.

Committed to USF.

2 top 100 big men for Stan Heath.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The No.2-rated center in the 2013 recruiting class, BeeJay Anya of Gaithersburg, Md., wing Ishmail Wainwright of Raytown, Mo., and power forward Nigel Hayes of Toledo are scheduled to make official visits to Ohio State this weekend and take in the Buckeyes' football game against Nebraska on Saturday night in Ohio Stadium.

Anya would be a really nice piece to add to this team
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Quote:
The No.2-rated center in the 2013 recruiting class, BeeJay Anya of Gaithersburg, Md., wing Ishmail Wainwright of Raytown, Mo., and power forward Nigel Hayes of Toledo are scheduled to make official visits to Ohio State this weekend and take in the Buckeyes' football game against Nebraska on Saturday night in Ohio Stadium.

Anya would be a really nice piece to add to this team

I though I already told you to stay away from him........
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twins, Wiggins & Randle in the same class? I'll believe when it happens..,

Bo -

Why'd Randle not list Duke as a finalist? Did they get a bad vibe and stop recruiting him so hard? Also, anything on Parker yet?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Julius Randle cut North Carolina and Duke from his list it essentially meant that he'll end up at Kentucky one way or another.

I honestly have no clue as it seemed Duke and North Carolina both had really good in-home visits with Julius Randle. You never know in the recruiting world today though, there's way to many shading things going on behind closed doors.

I expect both programs to start recruiting 5* PF Noah Vonleh extremely hard now and at the end of the day I think he ends up at North Carolina.

Yes, Jabari Parker is visiting Duke on October 27th and I can't quite remember the date of his Michigan State visit but it's soon as well. It's essentially a two team battle between those two which most have expected for a while. I'd say it's 50-50 between those two. A lot of Duke insiders feel really good about their chances with him and a lot of Michigan State insiders feel really good about their chances with him, it'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Seriously can Thursday come any slower!? This is gotta be one of the bigger announcements in recent memory. Bigger than Nerlens and Shabazz's IMO because in this case one school will be getting two top prospects. I really am not too worried about SMU, I know they have an all time great coach that the twins love but it's a rebuilding project there and I'm not sure they're up for that task. Have a bad feeling that they're going to Maryland though because I feel that that's where their dad wants them to go. Hopefully I'm wrong though and they choose Kentucky, best chance to win immediately and be drafted higher.

They have a plenty fine chance to win immediately at Maryland should they choose to go there. It's not like UMD is devoid of talent.

Nick Faust, Shaquille Cleare, Pe'Shon Howard, Alex Len, Jake Layman, James Padgett, Dez Wells (if eligible)...Maryland has a bunch of four star guys just sitting there, so they're pretty good in their own right.

Also, the Harrison's are getting drafted high no matter where they go. They're staying for a year. Everyone knows who they are and anticipates them blowing up. The ACC is the best basketball conference, they'd get plenty of exposure.

Thanks, Tzimisce
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

They have a plenty fine chance to win immediately at Maryland should they choose to go there. It's not like UMD is devoid of talent.

Nick Faust, Shaquille Cleare, Pe'Shon Howard, Alex Len, Jake Layman, James Padgett, Dez Wells (if eligible)...Maryland has a bunch of four star guys just sitting there, so they're pretty good in their own right.

Also, the Harrison's are getting drafted high no matter where they go. They're staying for a year. Everyone knows who they are and anticipates them blowing up. The ACC is the best basketball conference, they'd get plenty of exposure.

I could easily be completely wrong, but isn't the question of Wells related to the 2012-2013 season? If I'm not mistaken, the Harrisons wouldn't be in the equation until 2013-2014, when there would be no eligibility questions surrounding Wells.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo you still giving us no shot? I'm telling you we have a great shot at getting Randle.

garbage

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 9 of 100

Jump to: