Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

aSK Anything Thread, v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 6360
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Question:

I watch the press conferences every week on Vikings.com. Would it be okay if I posted a link to them every week, or is that against some FF rules?

Seems someone always posts the quotes from the papers and such, but no on ever posts the actual presser videos.


Go for it. I usually try and post bits and pieces of the quotes from those pressers if they fit within a thread. For me, its easier to sit down and read aand analyze the script from the press conference than to actually watch the video. But others may prefer to watch the video.

Just make sure if you do post them they are relevant to a thread, which isnt hard to do given as there are many topics of discussion.


My thought would be to just post in the game thread. Sunday and Monday Frazier pressers would go in the previous week's thread, Tuesday through Friday coach pressers would go in the upcoming game thread. Other videos throughout the week would go in their relevant threads (Ponder's presser, for example, or his NFL Network interview).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72754
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MINNEAPOLIS - A gunman killed four people inside a Minneapolis sign-making business before turning the weapon on himself, authorities said early Friday.

The victims' bodies were found shortly after officers arrived at Accent Signage Systems Inc., located in a residential area in the city's north side, after receiving a 911 call Thursday afternoon, according to police spokesman Sgt. Stephen McCarty.

"When officers arrived and entered the business to assist with the evacuation of employees, give aid to the victims and to search for the suspect, they found four victims dead from apparent gunshot wounds," McCarty said in a statement.

Four other people were wounded, including three critically. McCarty declined to identify those killed or wounded, and said he did not know what connection the shooter may have had with the business, if any.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/28/14133671-five-dead-after-workplace-shooting-in-minneapolis-police-say?lite
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Klomp


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 6360
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are the rows numbered at the Metrodome? If I had row 5 seats in 119, would that be 5 rows from the field or 5 rows from the concourse?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arKnaD7


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 2001
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
How are the rows numbered at the Metrodome? If I had row 5 seats in 119, would that be 5 rows from the field or 5 rows from the concourse?

5 rows from the field
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 22225
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a rarity..an actual (what I would consider) good looking Vikings' cheerleader...her birthday was on Monday.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/2012-MVC-Bio-Video---Elyssa/d2e1be66-41b9-4ed9-bc3d-5ae5d9a58bce
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought this on Ebay. Your fandom is now second to mine.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 22225
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bullpen coach Rick Stelmaszek, who just completed his 32nd season and was the longest-tenured member of the club, has been let go.

Stelmaszek, 64, met with Twins general manager Terry Ryan at 9 a.m. this morning when he was informed that, after consecutive last-place finishes, that the club is making changes.


http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/blogs/172663381.html

Wow...he has been the Twins' bullpen coach since Johnny Goryl was the manager (and I don't even remember Johnny Goryl) in 1980.

I know changes had to be made, but I find this one somewhat surprising.
_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The Gnat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 35738
Location: Minneapolis
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Quote:
Bullpen coach Rick Stelmaszek, who just completed his 32nd season and was the longest-tenured member of the club, has been let go.

Stelmaszek, 64, met with Twins general manager Terry Ryan at 9 a.m. this morning when he was informed that, after consecutive last-place finishes, that the club is making changes.


http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/blogs/172663381.html

Wow...he has been the Twins' bullpen coach since Johnny Goryl was the manager (and I don't even remember Johnny Goryl) in 1980.

I know changes had to be made, but I find this one somewhat surprising.


Yeah, it surprised me somewhat as well, the pen actually did a good job, the starting pitching is what sucked, but they are probably going to overhaul most of the coaching staff around pitching.
_________________
Gnat's Movie Reviews

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72754
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Police in Canada have recovered more than 600 barrels of maple syrup as part of an investigation into a multi-million dollar heist. The seized syrup was being transported under police protection from New Brunswick to Quebec, officials said Wednesday.

The Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers reported large quantities of syrup missing last month during a routine inventory, finding empty barrels at a site of the province's global strategic reserve at St-Louis-de-Blandford. Quebec provincial police Sgt. Christine Coulombe said Wednesday police executed a search warrant in Kedjwick, New Brunswick, last week, but would not provide more information as the investigation was ongoing.

The shipment of the pancake-topper was making its way back to Quebec in a heavily guarded convoy of 16 trailer-loads on Wednesday.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/04/14218044-only-in-canada-seized-maple-syrup-gets-police-protection?lite


our Canadian friends can rest easier, now that this... sticky... situation is getting resolved.

but ya know, hoser... if it takes 16 tractor trailer rigs to bring the stuff back, wouldn't someone have noticed it going OUT?!

Very Happy
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Gnat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 35738
Location: Minneapolis
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Police in Canada have recovered more than 600 barrels of maple syrup as part of an investigation into a multi-million dollar heist. The seized syrup was being transported under police protection from New Brunswick to Quebec, officials said Wednesday.

The Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers reported large quantities of syrup missing last month during a routine inventory, finding empty barrels at a site of the province's global strategic reserve at St-Louis-de-Blandford. Quebec provincial police Sgt. Christine Coulombe said Wednesday police executed a search warrant in Kedjwick, New Brunswick, last week, but would not provide more information as the investigation was ongoing.

The shipment of the pancake-topper was making its way back to Quebec in a heavily guarded convoy of 16 trailer-loads on Wednesday.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/04/14218044-only-in-canada-seized-maple-syrup-gets-police-protection?lite


our Canadian friends can rest easier, now that this... sticky... situation is getting resolved.

but ya know, hoser... if it takes 16 tractor trailer rigs to bring the stuff back, wouldn't someone have noticed it going OUT?!

Very Happy


Now that's what we call a sticky situation.





YEAH!!!!
_________________
Gnat's Movie Reviews

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72754
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see Enrage lurking in the forum right now...
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robb_K


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 294
Location: Oude Niedorp, Netherlands
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Police in Canada have recovered more than 600 barrels of maple syrup as part of an investigation into a multi-million dollar heist. The seized syrup was being transported under police protection from New Brunswick to Quebec, officials said Wednesday.

The Federation of Quebec Maple Syrup Producers reported large quantities of syrup missing last month during a routine inventory, finding empty barrels at a site of the province's global strategic reserve at St-Louis-de-Blandford. Quebec provincial police Sgt. Christine Coulombe said Wednesday police executed a search warrant in Kedjwick, New Brunswick, last week, but would not provide more information as the investigation was ongoing.

The shipment of the pancake-topper was making its way back to Quebec in a heavily guarded convoy of 16 trailer-loads on Wednesday.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/04/14218044-only-in-canada-seized-maple-syrup-gets-police-protection?lite


our Canadian friends can rest easier, now that this... sticky... situation is getting resolved.

but ya know, hoser... if it takes 16 tractor trailer rigs to bring the stuff back, wouldn't someone have noticed it going OUT?!

Very Happy


Not if the stolen amounts were taken in small pieces (say one barrel at a time).
_________________
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9633/av5e.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 72754
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robb_K wrote:
Not if the stolen amounts were taken in small pieces (say one barrel at a time).

you mean... a short stack?
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikefan79


Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29761
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i see Enrage lurking in the forum right now...


Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
arKnaD7


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 2001
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
With Nike taking over the jerseys, has anyone heard anything on throwback jerseys. Our 70's throwbacks are some of my favorite in the NFL.


I haven't heard anything yet...but I wish they would go back to them permanently.

For those still wondering
Quote:
I'm hearing possibly no throwbacks this season. RT @dublg05: @1500ESPNJudd any chance of throwbacks Sunday?

https://twitter.com/1500ESPNJudd/status/254079561044742144
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 4 of 95

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group