Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cassel Missing Haley?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Cassel Missing Haley?! Reply with quote

Stay with me now..

I am starting to believe Cassel needed the extreme micro-management. He needed to be openly not trusted. I know Cassel hated it an I know their relationship was rocky.

I still believe his abrasive style was bad for the rest of the team (read: good players).

However, for Cassel.. it was required! I hated watching Cassel not pull the trigger and throw away balls at an alarming rate. But, seeing him take chances and try to actually make plays for the most part (excluding one miraculous spin out of trouble and heave for his 6'5 WR for 10 yards and a 1st down) has been a complete failure!!

Cassel is not good enough to EVER be trusted with his own decisions. He needed Haley's structure! It was the only way he even sniffed success. Romeo (at least prior to this weeks press conference) has shown Cassel far TOO MUCH trust and belief! TOO MUCH.

Haley managed Cassel like he was a backup forced to start. As abrasive as it was overall.. it made Cassel serviceable! We were able to say he wasn't KILLING the team with mistakes/turnovers. Sure there was a TON of offense left out on the field because of it and it drove us crazy but at least we were punting and playing defense.

Now that I've said all that.. I'm still glad Haley is gone because Cassel is finally being completely exposed! Still, I just thought it interesting that it seems in my view.. Cassel actually needed Haley!

It almost makes me laugh.. almost.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if it was Haley, but he was much better in the pocket 2 years ago.

J

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Pitt will trade for him? Laughing

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it funny that you said the exact opposite thing earlier this year Laughing

I kind of understand your point though.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do I...I never wavered. I always thought Haley did the right thing in 2010. That being said, I thought Cassel could put up good numbers with few turnovers this year simply because of the run game and all the weapons to throw to would mean there would always be somebody good open. Which has been mostly true...Unfortunately, Cassel can't find them...which is why i've made my public apology for overrating Cassel.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I find it funny that you said the exact opposite thing earlier this year Laughing

I kind of understand your point though.

This is very accurate. I truly bought in to Haley's departure allowing Cassel to lay comfortable and thus play better. I thought he'd have a play clock to actually work with (he has) and would be better prepared presnap for each play.

It's sad isn't it. Classic case of someone that needs the outline to color/draw. Freehand is fail for this cat.

Simply stated: my assessment of Haley's departure and impact was wrong.
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't tink he misses Haley...I think he does miss Weis though. Look at his #'s since Weis announced he was leaving

for the first time since 2003 Royals baseball is enjoyable

Thanks for ryknowsd for the awesome sig
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondcutter27 wrote:
I don't tink he misses Haley...I think he does miss Weis though. Look at his #'s since Weis announced he was leaving

I would agree with this as a possibility. He may miss someone we cannot point to. It may be the OL coach, whose name I would have to look up.

J

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondcutter27 wrote:

This guy gets it. This is what people were telling the Cassel apologists. The guy needs micro-managed and Weis was good at that. He understood under Weis what he was doing each play. He was taking what was given and living to play another down.

Weis propped Cassel up. Made him a game managing type who didn't make mistakes. He has to be on a chain.

Also, KC is getting buried early in games and Cassel is just not the guy to bring a team back. If they fall behind 2 TDs, it typically over if it falls on him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
diamondcutter27 wrote:

This guy gets it. This is what people were telling the Cassel apologists. The guy needs micro-managed and Weis was good at that. He understood under Weis what he was doing each play. He was taking what was given and living to play another down.

Weis propped Cassel up. Made him a game managing type who didn't make mistakes. He has to be on a chain.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo said Weis "washed his hands" of Cassel in 2010 and his success was due to Haley. Weis knew what Cassel was and didn't want to waste time on him.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Weiss was correct in that Cassel couldn't cut it...and quickly planned to be gone at seasons end. Haley also knew he had limitations, but as the HC, he had to do something about it to help keep his job and did as well as you possibly could. I don't remember why Pioli/Haley didn't get along...maybe Haley was like "I got the most out of this guy, but he ain't gonna take us nowhere", "find me somebody else", and Pioli refused.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
diamondcutter27 wrote:

Charles Robinson of Yahoo said Weis "washed his hands" of Cassel in 2010 and his success was due to Haley. Weis knew what Cassel was and didn't want to waste time on him.

Very interesting. Never heard this before.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
So Weiss was correct in that Cassel couldn't cut it...and quickly planned to be gone at seasons end. Haley also knew he had limitations, but as the HC, he had to do something about it to help keep his job and did as well as you possibly could. I don't remember why Pioli/Haley didn't get along...maybe Haley was like "I got the most out of this guy, but he ain't gonna take us nowhere", "find me somebody else", and Pioli refused.

I think it's simply because Pioli believed in Cassel and Haley didn't. I don't think Pioli liked the completely strict/structured management style Haley had with Cassel. Hell I'd not be the least bit surprised Cassel went over Haley's head and straight to Pioli about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: