Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who are the worst O/D coordinators in the league?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlexM23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised to see 1 Castillo's name mention, he's been good so far this season. Mornhinweg on the other hand...

Kiltman on the sig
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
...we're not the kind of fan base to overrate/underrate.

So tempted to have you as my first ever sig quote. This was just absolutely glorious.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilbride's fine. He just wasn't well-liked as a head coach in the past so it's cool to call him Killdrive.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is sort of funny is how many of these 'terrible' coordinators keep finding new jobs. Wink

Capers isn't horrid but if he doesn't have the horses his defenses just don't work. Confused I wish he'd shelve that zone business for several weeks if not longer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrell Bevell should win this thread. Hate that guy so glad he's gone. Musgrave had his worst playcalling game of the season against Detroit and was still better then Bevell.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
What is sort of funny is how many of these 'terrible' coordinators keep finding new jobs. Wink

Richard Smith - We ranked 25th, 22nd and 27th under his guidance (we used a lot of high picks on defense too) When he left he was unemployed for a year and is now a LB coach for the Broncos (family ties, same reason he got the Houston gig)

Frank Bush - We ranked 17th and 29th under his tutelage (again lots of resources were dedicated to defense) Now the LB coach in Tennessee. (oh and that makes 2 under-qualified ex-Broncos hired by ex-Bronco Gary Kubiak)

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

So tempted to have you as my first ever sig quote. This was just absolutely glorious.

...And I meant it to be. I knew someone would get all giddy over that quote because of one guys 13-3 prediction. Nobody elses predictions were out of wack with any of the experts/magazines....if you're talking about players, nobody except for Jayhawk rates any of our players much higher or lower than anyone else.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrashMan510 wrote:
Greg Knapps playcalling hasn't really been bad. Players haven't picked up the system yet and lots of other crap has lead to our team sucking

It surely hasn't been good either. Just in that last game, the Raiders had decent success running the ball early so what do we do? We go into shotgun formations. Shouldn't we be keeping the D honest and use PA at this point? How about going with 3 straight run plays and punting when we're down by 3 scores in the 3rd quarter? Or running those stretch plays who haven't gone anywhere yet so much? Or repeatedly coming up with a pass play short of the first down on 3rd down?
The players aren't executing well enough but Knapp is bad. Plus i'm getting tired of his constant excuse making when he adresses the media. He's the only person seeing any improvement with this offense.

And maybe someone should tell him we were pretty good running screens the last 2 years so he might want to start using that as well.
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
It's funny how no one is ever a homer with coordinators. Fans just love to trash their coaches because it's an easy fix - we get rid of this guy and our problems will go away! They don't want to hear that the players just aren't good enough.

Let's just say this one hits close to home.

I was a pretty big O'Brien homer. Just throwing that around.

ELRammy
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Brian. Minus that Bears game our Oline has held up. Sam
still gets hit but not like last year. I love this guy. His offense
Attacks all phases of a defense.

We also get to face a 3rd straight top 10 defense.
just nuts.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

...And I meant it to be. I knew someone would get all giddy over that quote because of one guys 13-3 prediction. Nobody elses predictions were out of wack with any of the experts/magazines....if you're talking about players, nobody except for Jayhawk rates any of our players much higher or lower than anyone else.

That original thread had a lot more than jayhawk posting some extremely optimistic (I'd call it homeristic personally) -- he was just the most brash of them all. It just so happened that the majority of your fans held onto the one or two analysts who went out on a limb to predict the Chiefs to do well and used it as evidence to show that it's "not just us".

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chud is a boss. Why is he on there?

RIP Robin Williams
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chud's playcalling this year has been inconsistent. He's trying way too hard with the read options and really is just trying to get too cute with a lot of things.

McDermott has actually been pretty good this year, I like how he's managed the front seven with different packages (4 linebackers rotating, 7 or 8 defensive linemen rotating) and he's been a lot more aggressive this year.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst OC is the guy who took over an offense ranked 9th in total offense and dropped them to 30th.

Who has one of the most dangerous RBs in the NFL, but has somehow managed to get us 70 less rush yards per game.

Who dropped our PPG by 6 points

In fact, he has caused a drop in every offensive statistical category from our last OC.

That man is none other than Greg Knapp, or Knapp Time as I call him. Watching a Knapp offense will put you to sleep.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Siv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dom Capers is fine. Sure, he doesn't always make great adjustments but his defense can really shine with the right personnel. Heck, he is having to play four rookies significantly this year. Going to take longer than that for the guys to get adjusted(Worthy, Perry, McMillian, Hayward, Daniels).

Scheme wise he get's away from man too often which is what our corners are meant to do. I hate when he goes zone because you just know it's going to get picked apart. We also really need safeties. Burnett is meh and McMillian just a rookie.

For any defense though you can't just pluck a 27 year old All-Pro leader off the defense and not expect a huge drop off. We really miss him a lot.

I would not say he's a bottom feeder DC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: