Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Titans(1-3) @ Vikings(3-1) 11/7 4:25PM EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Titans
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
Vikings
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

Flylow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
I wouldn't call the Vikings a far superior team. That may be a poor choice of words. They are playing a whole lot better but talent for talent it is pretty close.

In terms of the expected availability of the team's players for Sunday, yes the Vikes are clearly the superior team. Especially if the Titans are without its QB, WR, and MLB.

Talk is cheap.. Come Sunday we will see who is the 'superior' team and end this pointless discussion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
3 Top 10 QBs (Brady, Rivers, Schaub and Stafford)
vs
Gabbert Luck, Smith and Stafford

I personally feel a QB is what will win or lose you games. 49ers was a GREAT win but Smith, as well as he has played, isn't an elite QB.

Elite QBs really lift a team.

That is really key...

Quite possibly the worst QB we've faced this year is the best QB the Lions have faced... and eventhough the results look very different at first glance... the 41 points are really an inflated number. 14 of those came in the last 18 seconds... which really shouldn't have happened. An after the play personal foul allowed the Lions to score those improbable points at the end after an clear int would have ended the game. (We also did a really good job on Megatron until the 2nd half, once their coaches adjusted to our scheme and were able to get him open... while our coaches failed to adjust to their... adjustments...).

With the Titans scores all being very explosive as well, it put the D in bad situations... leaving them on the field a whoppin' 40 minutes in that game.

I think the talent on the team is there... but I still believe the coaching staff is failing this team. They lack leadership on the young roster, and the coaches weren't able to stabilize the team when things get/got rough. So maybe Hasselbeck is what this team needs during this rough stretch... providing some guidance and veteran leadership to help the team gain momentum during this incredibly hard first 6 weeks.

I think with a full week of working with the first team, Hass should be able to find his groove. The offense has been a short pass, quick hit offense with Locker... which happens to be Hasselbeck's forte. With Britt and Cookie gettin' healthier, they can provide the deep valve security blanket for Hass to at least offer some threat off the LOS (he may not have the arm to fire it deep every play, but they both offer him a chance to be less than accurate deep and still have a chance to succeed).

With the Vikes' pass rush, fast/quick passes will once again be key... and I think Hass will find some success there. On the other side... and this is no knock on Ponder or the Vikes' WRs... this is the "easiest" group we've faced all year. From Brady and Gronk to Rivers to Calvin Johnson to Schaub and AJ... every week we've faced Pro Bowlers at the skill positions. Peterson is still world class... and TE's always kill us... but I think we finally match up well vs an offense this season.

Going on the road is tough... and the Vikes' fan base is energized after their better than expected start... but I think this is a game that the Titans can steal... even without Locker. If the Titans can keep it close, I trust Hass to lead a late drive for a game winning clutch Bironas kick...

If any one of McCarthy/Britt/Cook don't play, the chances go significantly down... and any combination of more than 1 of those, and the task becomes seemingly impossible...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
It's really fascinating to see what 3 wins does to a fan-base. This was the worst team in the NFL a couple weeks ago but now they're SB contenders I guess.

it's sad to see when a reasonable discussion can't be offered, how sarcasm and hyperbole is used instead.

not ONE Viking fan feels we're a Super Bowl contender. but hey, have at your petty arguments if that's what you feel advances your case.

see ya later, guys. i remember when the TENN forum was a lot more fun and cordial.

It's funny that you complain about the lack of a reasonable discussion, then make a sweeping and inaccurate generalization and leave like an angry child. Nice. Laughing

The sweeping and inaccurate generalization was made by a Titans fan.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key is score more points any way possible.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:

Music City Miracle Part 3?

Adopt A Titan

Alterraun Verner and Scott Solomon
coleman51

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bad feeling this is going to be Adrian Peterson's 2012 coming out party....

I don't think we'll be beat by big plays much as far as throwing the ball, but Percy Harvin is having a heck of a year thus far. They also have Jerome Simpson back and Rudolph is living up to his potential. I'm really worried about just the possession game. If we can't move the ball offensively and keep our defense off the field, they are going to get worked. We've got to dink and dunk our way down the field and run the ball effectively to maintain time of possession and keep our defense fresh. I think we showed last week with Casey stepping up we can contain the run, not stop it, but definitely contain it and make stops on 3rd and 1 when we really need to.

I definitely think we can beat the Vikings. But it will take much more effort throughout 60+ minutes. We can't turn the ball over. The pick 6 was the dagger to any momentum we had last week. I think we've got a great game this Sunday, although the Vikings should win we can pull this one out if we play a perfect game and keep positive throughout. Need a leader to step up, I'm looking for McCarthy this week on defense.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Two things about the Vikes pass defense. They have only picked off one pass this year and they have struggled against short, quick hitting passing attacks.

The Vikings have been going all out to prevent the big play and keep the play in front of them which means they will give up those short passes and be less likely to force Ints.

It really hasnt cost the team any games this year, in fact, the Vikings have statistically a darn good looking defense. You really cant cite many instances of a team getting big passing plays down field against the Vikings, except for that Gabbert to Shorts TD week 1, and I believe Reggie Wayne had a longer catch down field Week 2.

I think with Hasselbeck, he has the potential to do good things if he gets the ball out quickly and is able to effectively hit on thoe 6-8 yard passes and keep the chains moving. The natural openings in zone coverage will be there this week, and there is probably little risk of Hasselbeck throwing a dumb Int. That would be the Titans hope on offense, getting a quick hitting rhythm based passing game going. I think running the ball and trying to hit big plays down field wont work in the Titans favor this week.

Though the big question for Tennesse is will the defense show up? The Vikings offense isnt to be taken lightly now with the return of Simpson. Granted last week the offense was ineffective, the Titans cant count on that again this week. MN has functioned better on offense at home.
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
justing101 wrote:

Music City Miracle Part 3?

Exactly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were going to win this game. SIG IT.

How do I know? I got that feeling.

Cool
Same time as Mike Vicks new dog grooming show.

Justin Hunter #FTW
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
s_camp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
I got that feeling.

Probably just indigestion.

Sucks to be without so many important players. The worst part though is how many snaps Jake will miss in his development. Can't get time back. Hopefully they take the path that will cause him to miss the least amount of time.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCarthy will play Sunday.

s_camp wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
I got that feeling.

Sucks to be without so many important players. The worst part though is how many snaps Jake will miss in his development. Can't get time back. Hopefully they take the path that will cause him to miss the least amount of time.

I think Jake will be ok...he's way ahead of his development "schedule" as is. I just hope he doesn't turn in to an injury prone QB who couldn't reach his potential due to it.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@glennonsports: McCarthy sat out today w soreness, Munchak still hoping he will play Sun

Quote:
@jwyattsports: Munchak said Kenny Britt is still slow going. Doesn't sound good about his chances of playing on Sunday

Quote:
@glennonsports: Bailey will get cast tomorrow. Munchak says he may have to sit out a week.

VY-FTW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:
I got that feeling.

Probably just indigestion.

IDK I posted this in the Det GDT

VY-FTW wrote:
We win in a shoot out both teams will have 30+ points. How do I know? I got that feeling. Cool

I only say I got that feeling...When I got that feeling....and guess what.....

I GOT THAT FEELING!!!!!
Same time as Mike Vicks new dog grooming show.

Justin Hunter #FTW
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Titans_31

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mccarthey will play!
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

The Vikings have been going all out to prevent the big play and keep the play in front of them which means they will give up those short passes and be less likely to force Ints.

We are very familiar with that. Lets just say we like to have our safeties back in case of a surprise punt. So not a good week to try that. Wink

Adopt-A-Titan 2013-14
- Kendall Wright 73 rec 857 yd 2 TD <3
- Shonn Greene 49 car 190 yd 3 TD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 6 of 37

Jump to: