Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
I noticed a few members writing off Romo in the first few pages. I think he is off to a terrible start, but you can't place that all on one person. There is plenty of blame to go around. The stat line is atrocious through 3 weeks, but I think we all know not to take that as the 'end all be all' by now. I have a feeling he bounces back and posts his typical per game numbers from now to season's end.

Honest question, and I hope no1 takes offens... Would you trade Romo for Eli right now if you could?

Most of us aren't writing Romo off really as much as just saying the Romo era is almost over and we don't want to give a 34 year old a big extension.

As far as trading for Eli. Thats tough. I would say no, mainly due to the fact that Eli would already be dead behind this O-line. At least Romos mobility gives him some extra time occasionally. I would think long and hard about it though.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:
I noticed a few members writing off Romo in the first few pages. I think he is off to a terrible start, but you can't place that all on one person. There is plenty of blame to go around. The stat line is atrocious through 3 weeks, but I think we all know not to take that as the 'end all be all' by now. I have a feeling he bounces back and posts his typical per game numbers from now to season's end.

Honest question, and I hope no1 takes offens... Would you trade Romo for Eli right now if you could?

Eli would be ineffective in this offense.

I don't know. Eli has an uncanny ability to have his receivers catch balls off their helmets, off tipped passes, and for defenders to drop passes perfectly thrown at them. Romo can't even get his receivers to catch balls perfectly thrown to them... let alone off their helmets against triple coverage.

atran35

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:

a.) Romo has no OLINE. Romo with a great OLINE? 13-3 record. Playoff. Romo with a bad OLINE? lost for the season; punctured lung; etc...
b.) Eli would be destroyed with this OLINE. Vick would have a better time but eventually he'll get KO for the season.

Conclusion: When you have an offensive line that cannot pass protect or run block consistently, your QB and RB will get hurt. Ask the former Redskins Jason Campbell what happen during his last season with them.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Giants Oline is bad and has been for a little while now. You guys don't have to acknowledge that, but it doesn't make it untrue.

Cutler played behind a line just as bad as yours, if not worse.

I imagine that the week off will do Romo and your OL some good. Tough matchup after the bye, but those are the breaks.
BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

Most of us aren't writing Romo off really as much as just saying the Romo era is almost over and we don't want to give a 34 year old a big extension.

As far as trading for Eli. Thats tough. I would say no, mainly due to the fact that Eli would already be dead behind this O-line. At least Romos mobility gives him some extra time occasionally. I would think long and hard about it though.

A few points:

The Giants' O-Line is horrible too. Eli is just great at getting rid of the ball. Look at what the Eagles did to the line on Sunday.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:

Guys, our defense is going to really struggle from here on out until we get a NT that can collapse the pocket or we switch back to a 4-3 where we can get penetration up the middle. Just look how it works wonders against our offense.

I think you are wrong here. A 3-4 is built to get pressure from the edges, or from the LBs in general. Even if we wanted pressure from the middle it would come from our LBs not our NT. I also believe that Josh Brent was 1 of 4 Cowboys defenders to play very impressively against the Bears. You say that you re-watched the game, perhaps you should do it again. Watch Brent specifically. He plays great. He finished with 4 solos and a sack. I find it a very odd time for you to come out and criticize him, when he is coming off the best game in his professional career. Further more, our defense is not struggling. I'm not sure why you even mentioned that. Take away the two pic 6's and the Bears score 20. Then when you factor in the points that they scored of turnovers you can start to deduct even more points. The defense hasn't played poorly or struggled at all this season. Not sure what your point is. Also, we get pressure up the middle from other teams DLine because they run a 4-3. The Giants, Seattle, the Bucs, and Bears are all 4-3 teams that are designed to generate pressure from the middle using the DTs. Brent played very well last game, and you can't ask more from a 3-4 NT.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
be WARE94

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

Guys, our defense is going to really struggle from here on out until we get a NT that can collapse the pocket or we switch back to a 4-3 where we can get penetration up the middle. Just look how it works wonders against our offense.

I think you are wrong here. A 3-4 is built to get pressure from the edges, or from the LBs in general. Even if we wanted pressure from the middle it would come from our LBs not our NT. I also believe that Josh Brent was 1 of 4 Cowboys defenders to play very impressively against the Bears. You say that you re-watched the game, perhaps you should do it again. Watch Brent specifically. He plays great. He finished with 4 solos and a sack. I find it a very odd time for you to come out and criticize him, when he is coming off the best game in his professional career. Further more, our defense is not struggling. I'm not sure why you even mentioned that. Take away the two pic 6's and the Bears score 20. Then when you factor in the points that they scored of turnovers you can start to deduct even more points. The defense hasn't played poorly or struggled at all this season. Not sure what your point is. Also, we get pressure up the middle from other teams DLine because they run a 4-3. The Giants, Seattle, the Bucs, and Bears are all 4-3 teams that are designed to generate pressure from the middle using the DTs. Brent played very well last game, and you can't ask more from a 3-4 NT.

if we drafted jj watt we wouldn't even have to worry about a NT or pressure in general Smile
be WARE94

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
The Giants Oline is bad and has been for a little while now. You guys don't have to acknowledge that, but it doesn't make it untrue.

I imagine that the week off will do Romo and your OL some good. Tough matchup after the bye, but those are the breaks.

agree eli had a bad o line for a few years and jay cutlers has been awful for longer then eli's.....same with big ben....no real excuse for the way tony played monday....
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:

Confused

Person A: Do you think Eli would be successful.
Person B: No, he won't be effective.
Person C: Dallas has a bad Oline, and the office just won't click.

Person A: Um. Excuse me. The Giants have a Bad Oline.

Where in the whole spectrum did dialogue did anyone contend that the Giants have some sort of Elite Line, or even great...good? What about even average?

The NFC E can proudly boast to be the division with the worst Oline. Hooray beer. That doesn't change the fact our Oline is ineffective. Nor, does having Eli on the team suddenly mean that Dez and other of our WR's add stick'em to their gloves to actually hold on to on-target passes - unless you are claiming that is the secret to the Eli's success, and that would explain D.T.'s SuperBowl Cacth. Laughing

You posed the question. I said he would not be effective. Before you read into this something I didn't say let me clarify. I think Eli is a good QB. I just don't think he could work here with what we have. That, is not an attack. That is my opinion of reality.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

if we drafted jj watt we wouldn't even have to worry about a NT or pressure in general Smile

Yeah well that's the thing.... I'm not worried. We have created pressure. We have a solid(at least so far) NT in Brent. I'm not worried about it. No one else should be either. I understand JJ Watt is having a DPOY caliber year, but he could not fix our OLine.

I don't understand people who are still saying we should have drafted Watt. Yes he is having a tremendous year, but our defense is not our problem. Our offense is. Namely our offensive line. They have all been terrible, but Tyron Smith has been then best. Imagine what our line would be with out him at LT..... Shocked

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
mco65

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I trade Romo for Eli.. ??
I like both. I think both are good character guys which is high on my list..

I don't think there is a big enough gap between the two to make the trade. You can argue Eli is better and that's fine but he is NOT that much better.. his team is, perhaps his coach is, but i just don't think he is that much of a better QB than Romo so I stick with my guy..

I think the better question is would you trade Garrett for Caughlin or any other of a dozen or so coaches and I would probably say Yes on most of those even though I am still confident in Garrett.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
Would I trade Romo for Eli.. ??
I like both. I think both are good character guys which is high on my list..

I don't think there is a big enough gap between the two to make the trade. You can argue Eli is better and that's fine but he is NOT that much better.. his team is, perhaps his coach is, but i just don't think he is that much of a better QB than Romo so I stick with my guy..

I think the better question is would you trade Garrett for Caughlin or any other of a dozen or so coaches and I would probably say Yes on most of those even though I am still confident in Garrett.

Talent wise, the two are quite close. However, there is one thing that separates the two - performance in the clutch. Eli has proven to be extremely efficient and effective in the clutch. His 4th Quarter numbers last year were off the charts, and he has had success in the playoffs (2 SB MVPs).

Some may argue that Eli has had a better supporting cast, but a few years ago the Boys had the better supporting cast yet the Giants were the ones hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

be WARE94 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

This would be a good time to see if RATLIFF can play at DE.
atran35

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:

Here are some OLINE stats thus far:

NYG run blocking: 16th
NYG pass protection: 1st

Dal run blocking: 26th
Dal pass protection: 5th

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Note: It doesn't give the WHOLE picture. How long the QB holds on to the ball etc..or if the QB can scramble like Vick or Romo. But from the looks of it this year...the Giants seem to have a descent Oline.

Chicago is awful but Cutler played very well in the 2nd half. He and Marshall unlike Romo and "Butterfingers" Bryant and Olgetree were on the correct page.

I think for Dallas to be effective at this point is to run no huddles.
Cicero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, for us to be successful our receivers just need to catch the goddamned football & Romo needs to stop being awful at the biggest times when we need him to be great.

Period.

Wondering where I can apply for the DCRA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: