Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Well, I just quit all video games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Honestly. I think you should just play some video games. I don't believe most peoples video game adictions are real and they usually just have nothing better to do with their time. Did you ever blow off something important like a funeral, job interview, doctors appointment to play a game? Ever do something like steal or sell blood plasma?

I had "English Comp 1010" last year at a local college and I had this paper due on a monday, 12:00pm (exactly 12:00pm).

That whole weekend I reserved time to finish up the essay, but I ended up playing pokemon the whole saturday. Sunday came and I tried to do the essay, but pokemon kept steering me away. I ended up staying awake until 8 am writing the paper. I then thought, "I have 3 hours to sleep, then I'll go to class."

Slept until 12:10. Had to drop the class. And that's how pokemon ruined my life.
you are crazy. How old are you??? Pokemon??? Uh, school is more important than a Pokemon video game.

I'm semi addicted to games but I play good video games not little kid video games. Even when I love a certain game I have priorities that come first.

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
theJ wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Honestly. I think you should just play some video games. I don't believe most peoples video game adictions are real and they usually just have nothing better to do with their time. Did you ever blow off something important like a funeral, job interview, doctors appointment to play a game? Ever do something like steal or sell blood plasma?

I sold my own blood plasma once. Does that make me a bad person? Laughing

Where do you do that at? Same place you donate blood? How much you make for it?

In most cases it's a separate facility that specializes in plasma donation. I think just search for that, and you'll find something on google. When i did it, you could upwards of $50/week if you donated twice per week. Couple hundred per month is nice Christmas money, and it's really nice when you're in high school.

Takes about 30-60 minutes to donate, depending on how well your heart pumps and if you ate McDonalds beforehand (just for giggles, eat McD's before you donate blood or plasma...you'll swear off the stuff).

You can participate in sports and w/e afterwards because the blood is replaced as you donate. Only your plasma is taken. It regenerates very quickly.

The only shady thing about it is that they make you sign a paper that states you understand that only about 10% of your plasma will go towards donations (people). The rest is used to make commercial products (hence why they can pay you, unlike blood).

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
you are crazy. How old are you??? Pokemon??? Uh, school is more important than a Pokemon video game.

I'm semi addicted to games but I play good video games not little kid video games. Even when I love a certain game I have priorities that come first.

Yeah i learned back in high school that you just set the game down and leave the room. Drive away if you must, but separate yourself from the game if it's that bad of a problem.

In college i never studied in my room. Always grabbed my books and went to the dorm basement or to the library. That way i knew subconsciously and consciously that when i was in my room, it was relaxing time. When i left the room, my game face was on and it was study time. Worked out well.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Dalton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely agree with the post above me. Not going back to my room before all my homework/studying is done works out very well.

Also, yes, Pokemon is a kid's game, but there are many aspects of it that are intended for a more mature audience. (EVs, IVs, maximizing attributes, etc)

As for our problem OP, the answer is simple. Go to school or get a job. I do both, and I might have a few hours a week to even play games. I don't even play them though when I do have the chance. I think the longer you stay away from them, and avoid watching adverts, the easier it is to put the controller down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: