Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

R&Ps Early Mock Draft Throughout the 1st qtr of season.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: R&Ps Early Mock Draft Throughout the 1st qtr of season. Reply with quote

Since it's the Bye week and not much to drum up about until next Wednesday until we start talking Bucs/Cheifs, I decided to throw out my early Mock Draft.

Give it some discussion.

1st Round: Dee Milner CB Alabama

Quote:
Bucs weakness in the secondary is glaring and I think in the end, when a decision has to be made, Michael Bennett gets a long term contract and Talib is let go, as I don't think we can afford both. Milliner is a physical football player who can step in and contribute right away and become a shut-down type CB in the NFL.

2nd Round: Tavon Austin WR West Virginia

Quote:
We need that explosive threat in the slot we are lacking. With no franchise QB located at this slot, I think Freeman gets another weapon. Austin is going to be a match up nightmare in the slot.

NOTE: If Aaron Murray declares, I'd have him in this slot. However, I think he plays all 4 years eligibilty at Georgia

3rd Round: Larry Warford G Kentucky

Quote:
Davin Joseph suffered a torn Patella, which is a long road to recovery. We need to have a back up option and Warford is a mauler who could end up being a replacement to Joseph, as his contract isn't guranteed beyond 2013.

4th Round: Devin Taylor DE South Carolina

Quote:
With the lack of depth and injury history we have at DE, Taylor would be a solid option to fill out our depth. He comes from a well coached football program who could be a solid rotational guy and be a pass-rush DT on Nickel and Dime situations. Very strong and physical lineman whos great against the run as well.

5th Round: Joseph Fauria TE UCLA

[img]http://www.trbimg.com/img-5052929d/turbine/la-sp-0914-ucla-football-20120914-001/600[/img]

Quote:
Extremely raw TE Prospect, but at 6'7 255, he's got athleticism and could become a matchup nightmare for opposing Defenses.

6th Round: Matt Stankiewitch C Penn State

Quote:
Zuttah has had his struggles at C and Stankiewitch could start out as a solid back up that develops and pushes or replaces Zuttah in time if he doesn;t improve his consistancy. Stankiewitch is very physical and strong and a very good run-blocker.

7th Round: Quintan Dial DE/DT Alabama

Quote:
Played 3-4 DE at Bama, but at 6'5 304, can add solid depth to our DT rotation.

7th Round: Mike Zordich FB/RB Penn State

Quote:
Lorig has been incosistant and is learning the FB position converting from DE/TE to FB. Zordich is very physical and good lead blocker. Has seen time at RB and can be good in short yardage situations as well.

Thoughts?

Last edited by REDandPEWTER on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't claim to know much about all those guys, but I love the positions.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid draft R&P!

Love love love the Austin pick. I was actually prepping a sig last night for when draft time comes... I know loser Embarassed

A few of the lower guys I'm don't know much about but I will catch up soon.

I can see Fauria going sooner than the 5th round though. Everyone wants the next monster te. We better upgrade that position next year though. I wanted Allen bad this past draft.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE YOUR SIG Twisted Evil Laughing

I love the first two picks. If I was putting together a mock these would be my first two picks as well. I have an unhealthy mancrush on Tavon Austin. I'd love to use him in that Randall Cobb-slash type of role.

Warford is a good prospect, but I have a hard time justifying picking an OG that high with so many other pressing needs. DE, DT, FS, TE and even another CB if Talib leaves are all bigger needs IMO.

Taylor is too stiff. Being so tall he has a hard time turning the corner. Good hustle player, I guess, but I don't see much pass-rush ability from him. Strictly an LDE with not much upside, IMO.

Fauria is a nice pick too, but I agree with deuces. He'll go earlier.

Nice effort.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree to disagree DRD. Many have said Larsen is struggling. Schiano wants to run the ball successfully. We don't know what Joseph's injury means. Warfare coming out of Kentucky is a mauler and will probably be overlooked.

Fauria will probably go earlier but all my reports have him pegged in the 5th round as of now bc of him being extremely raw and frail. So right now it's about right.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thre too much talent in the FA at CB to draft one. Schiano's guy Jason McCourty will be out there. Cason and a host of others
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Agree to disagree DRD. Many have said Larsen is struggling. Schiano wants to run the ball successfully. We don't know what Joseph's injury means. Warfare coming out of Kentucky is a mauler and will probably be overlooked.

Fauria will probably go earlier but all my reports have him pegged in the 5th round as of now bc of him being extremely raw and frail. So right now it's about right.

Larsen is certainly struggling, but Joseph is the leader on the OLine and he is a leader in the locker room. We aren't going to replace him until he gives a reason to.

A later round pick for depth just in case Joseph doesn't bounce back would make sense. I just don't see us using an early pick on that position.

What reports are you reading? nfldraftscout? I wouldn't trust any draft sites 'projected round' until late March.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Thre too much talent in the FA at CB to draft one. Schiano's guy Jason McCourty will be out there. Cason and a host of others

We've still got a while for those guys to resign. And Tennessee let Finnegan walk, so I'd assume they were saving up for McCourty.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a FS more than a G, and as much as I wish we had a sweet slot WR, we don't really use a 3rd WR right now.

We do need a legit FB though.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
I think we need a FS more than a G, and as much as I wish we had a sweet slot WR, we don't really use a 3rd WR right now.

We do need a legit FB though.

We need to scrap the whole power running game and adapt to the rest of the NFL.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind those first 3 picks but I think we really like Davin Joseph. Schiano talked about him the other day and the word "All-pro" talent came out and that he is being missed. With that said, I love the Milliner and Austin picks. Austin is an upgrade over Underwood/Benn in just about every aspect. He can do KR, PR, slot, play some tailback if need be. I see him being a DeSean Jackson type WR in the NFL. Should go high early 2nd but if we can get him, sign me up. Milliner replacing Talib doesn't sound too bad. Only thing different I would change is the third round pick. I'd draft a DE in the third. While we get Bennett locked up, AC and Bowers are far from a sure thing at this point. And we could use 4 competent pass rushers since Dekoda Watson is being used all that much.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
I wouldn't mind those first 3 picks but I think we really like Davin Joseph. Schiano talked about him the other day and the word "All-pro" talent came out and that he is being missed. With that said, I love the Milliner and Austin picks. Austin is an upgrade over Underwood/Benn in just about every aspect. He can do KR, PR, slot, play some tailback if need be. I see him being a DeSean Jackson type WR in the NFL. Should go high early 2nd but if we can get him, sign me up. Milliner replacing Talib doesn't sound too bad. Only thing different I would change is the third round pick. I'd draft a DE in the third. While we get Bennett locked up, AC and Bowers are far from a sure thing at this point. And we could use 4 competent pass rushers since Dekoda Watson is being used all that much.

I wouldn't be upset if we drafted a pass rusher with every pick. We NEED guys that can consistently pressure the QB. That's how you win games. That's what we need.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
indifference wrote:

I wouldn't be upset if we drafted a pass rusher with every pick. We NEED guys that can consistently pressure the QB. That's how you win games. That's what we need.
I wouldn't mind drafting a pass rusher as early as the first to be honest; if the right guy slipped. (think JPP type talent)

But yeah definitely need to get better at rushing. All that blitzing crap is only used because the front 4 can't get there. We should get better with time but I feel like depth is important at that position.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm idk

I dunno why but I'm not so much a fan of Milner

How bout this ;

1- Geno Smith QB
2- Bjorne Werner DE
3- Shane Skov LB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: