Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: Titans(1-3) @ Vikings(3-1) 11/7 4:25PM EST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Titans
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
Vikings
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there is a single viking fan that has labeled the Vikes as superbowl contenders, and I would venture to guess that most dont even see the Vikings as a playoff contender. However, compared to Tennessee, MN is clearly a superior team at the moment. I think the Vikings will win but it will be a close game and MN probably wont score more than 24 points. The Vikings offense just hasnt shown much ability to pull ahead in games and if the get ahead, they will probably run the ball and get conservative.

Offensively for the Titans, what do Titans fans feel better about? Chris Johnson running the ball or Matt Hasselbeck passing it. For Tennessee, what needs to be changed defensively to not give up 30+ points per game?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Lets compare that to the Titans defense. Sure its easy to say, yeah well they played Blaine Gabbert, Andrew Luck and Alex Smith, are you saying that Matt Hasselbeck is truly any better than any of those QBs? From everything I am reading, Hasselbeck is garbage and has taken on a less than flattering nickname. If your going to call the Vikings terrible, maybe you should look in the mirror first in regards to your team and how they match up.

The Vikes have shutdown a high powered offense (Detroit) and dominated a ball control offense (49ers). I think there is enough of a sample size from this year that you can make an assumption that the Vikings defense has been pretty darn good. Wink

My only knocks on the Vikes defense are they dont create a lot of Ints and they can struggle to get off the field on third down. Otherwise, they have been the backbone of this team and the primary reason why the Vikings are 3-1.

I wasn't trying to say Hasselbeck is good, he's not at all. There was a lot of sarcasm and wishful thinking in saying that he'll toss 4 TD's this week. Hell I'll admit that the Titans as a team look terrible these first few games. I'm just not judging too much based off 4 games because I know we've got a talented roster and we've had to face 4 good teams (aside from the Lions maybe who are average). All I'm really saying is that in my opinion I believe MN is still a basement feeder, that's just my opinion no one has to take offense to it. I'm not fooled by a 3-1 record, If we were using that logic then the Saints will get the 1st overall pick and the Cards will win the superbowl.

Living in the past in regards to evaluating teams can be troubling. As of right now, the Saints very well could be drafting in that bottom 5, wouldnt shock me. That defense is terrible.

Cards winning the superbowl might be a bit over dramatic, but they got there a few years ago and if Kevin Kolb keeps playing well, who knows how far they get.

Considering that the Vkings have 5 new starters on defense (including Chris Cook who was kicked off the team), its really not fair to judge this years defense based upon the failures of last year. You really have to look at them in 2012, despite a small four game sample size. The defense isnt perfect and is still young but they have been far from terrible and the reality is, they are the reason why the Vikes are 3-1. The Vikings arent beating the Lions and 49ers if there defense didnt play as well as it did.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I dont think there is a single viking fan that has labeled the Vikes as superbowl contenders, and I would venture to guess that most dont even see the Vikings as a playoff contender. However, compared to Tennessee, MN is clearly a superior team at the moment. I think the Vikings will win but it will be a close game and MN probably wont score more than 24 points. The Vikings offense just hasnt shown much ability to pull ahead in games and if the get ahead, they will probably run the ball and get conservative.

Offensively for the Titans, what do Titans fans feel better about? Chris Johnson running the ball or Matt Hasselbeck passing it. For Tennessee, what needs to be changed defensively to not give up 30+ points per game?

Chris Johnson by far.

The defense is a lost cause, I don't even care anymore. When it does play well, the offense screws up and puts them in bad situations. Can't win for losing.

Quote:
Hasselbeck said he had same shoulder injury Locker had earlier in career. Hasselbeck eventually had surgery. Said Locker's injury is worse

FML.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Chris Johnson by far.

The defense is a lost cause, I don't even care anymore. When it does play well, the offense screws up and puts them in bad situations. Can't win for losing.

Quote:
Hasselbeck said he had same shoulder injury Locker had earlier in career. Hasselbeck eventually had surgery. Said Locker's injury is worse

FML.

It's really not the defense, it's this soft play-calling and terrible safety play. We play 20 yards off their receivers even though we've got pretty good corners, and Griffin is one of the worst players in all of football, making sure to allow TE's to do whatever they want.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings have really shown no ability to attack a defense down field. I would expect for the Titans to play there Safetys much closer to the line. Until the Vikings can show they can spread the field, defenses will continue to stack the box to stop Peterson and the underneath passing attack taht has been efficient for MN.

Jerome Simpson made his debut last week and reeled in 4 catches for 50 yards. He did catch a pass down field and someone that MN needs to get involved.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
The Vikings have really shown no ability to attack a defense down field. I would expect for the Titans to play there Safetys much closer to the line. Until the Vikings can show they can spread the field, defenses will continue to stack the box to stop Peterson and the underneath passing attack taht has been efficient for MN.

Jerome Simpson made his debut last week and reeled in 4 catches for 50 yards. He did catch a pass down field and someone that MN needs to get involved.

See, that's what Jerry Gray thinks you want him to do... so he'll proceed to play a soft cover-2 shell with safeties 20 yards deep all game long.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
It's really fascinating to see what 3 wins does to a fan-base. This was the worst team in the NFL a couple weeks ago but now they're SB contenders I guess.

it's sad to see when a reasonable discussion can't be offered, how sarcasm and hyperbole is used instead.

not ONE Viking fan feels we're a Super Bowl contender. but hey, have at your petty arguments if that's what you feel advances your case.

see ya later, guys. i remember when the TENN forum was a lot more fun and cordial.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
-Munch-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

see ya later, guys. i remember when the TENN forum was a lot more fun and cordial.

well I'm just speaking for myself, not the whole Titans forum, don't throw everyone else under the bus cause of me. I'm a pretty bad poster here to be honest. I'm pretty sarcastic and a total homer.

I'm obviously exaggerating when I say Vike fans think their SB contenders, but I do feel like most Vike fans that have come in here and some over in the Vike forum feel like they're going to walk all over us Sunday. And that does kind of frustrate me, because I feel these are two very evenly matched teams.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call the Vikings a far superior team. That may be a poor choice of words. They are playing a whole lot better but talent for talent it is pretty close.

Keep in mind the Vikings have played the Colts, Jags 49ers and Lions (our common opponent).
While we played the Patriots, Texans and Chargers. 3 teams that look to be on a path straight for the playoffs.

3 Top 10 QBs (Brady, Rivers, Schaub and Stafford)
vs
Gabbert Luck, Smith and Stafford

I personally feel a QB is what will win or lose you games. 49ers was a GREAT win but Smith, as well as he has played, isn't an elite QB.

Elite QBs really lift a team.

Vikings have a good QB in Ponder. He was one of the QBs I wanted the Titans to draft. However, he by himself isn't going to beat the Titans.
Which in my mind make them a beatable team and puts them on a more equal playing field to our team.

So I just don't think the Vikings are a SUPERIOR team. They are a team playing much better than we are, but also haven't been tested with the teams we have. ( a test in which we failed miserably )

Last edited by KingTitan on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
-Munch- wrote:
It's really fascinating to see what 3 wins does to a fan-base. This was the worst team in the NFL a couple weeks ago but now they're SB contenders I guess.

it's sad to see when a reasonable discussion can't be offered, how sarcasm and hyperbole is used instead.

not ONE Viking fan feels we're a Super Bowl contender. but hey, have at your petty arguments if that's what you feel advances your case.

Laughing

In other news, seems more and more likely that Locker is gonna have the surgery Sad
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

well I'm just speaking for myself, not the whole Titans forum, don't throw everyone else under the bus cause of me. I'm a pretty bad poster here to be honest. I'm pretty sarcastic and a total homer.

I'm obviously exaggerating when I say Vike fans think their SB contenders, but I do feel like most Vike fans that have come in here and some over in the Vike forum feel like they're going to walk all over us Sunday. And that does kind of frustrate me, because I feel these are two very evenly matched teams.

I dont think any Viking fan thinks that the Vikes will walk over TN. Frankly, I dont believe this Viking team has it in them to walk over anybody. They have shown to play conservative with the lead. It will be a close game but since the game is in MN, that is a huge advantage for the Vikings and probably the deciding factor.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I wouldn't call the Vikings a far superior team. That may be a poor choice of words. They are playing a whole lot better but talent for talent it is pretty close.

In terms of the expected availability of the team's players for Sunday, yes the Vikes are clearly the superior team. Especially if the Titans are without its QB, WR, and MLB.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
-Munch- wrote:

It's funny that you complain about the lack of a reasonable discussion, then make a sweeping and inaccurate generalization and leave like an angry child. Nice. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

In terms of the expected availability of the team's players for Sunday, yes the Vikes are clearly the superior team. Especially if the Titans are without its QB, WR, and MLB.

I actually read today that McCarthy might be a go for Sunday. Pray
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
KingTitan wrote:

I disagree, but I'm a Titans fan. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 5 of 37

Jump to: