Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye week stuff
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Bye week stuff Reply with quote

Didnt know where to put this at and since everyone is making a new thread ill make one for the bye week. pics coming soon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/heyward-bey-back-practice-raiders-213224511--nfl.html

dhb is back

Quote:
''It definitely was a plus for us just to have the whole group out there healthy going into the bye week,'' receiver Derek Hagan said. ''That's the main thing going into the bye week, you want everybody to be healthy and focusing on the job they have to do.''

all the wrs will be healthy by next game

Quote:
Starting right tackle Khalif Barnes also remains sidelined by a groin injury.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"You can say, 'screw it, I'm going to Vegas and party for four days,' but that's not what this team is about," Palmer said. "Most of the guys are sticking around and are going to come in and work out."

good to hear

Quote:
Palmer said there are a few instances of players leaving to be with family _ defensive tackle Richard Seymour, excused for personal reasons Wednesday,
typically goes home to South Carolina _ but that most players aren't going anywhere.

hmm i guess i can understand

Quote:
When asked what the Raiders accomplished during the week, offensive coordinator Greg Knapp said, "Real good evaluation on scheme. We have shown to our offensive players our studies on our run game, on our third downs and the red zone.

"The biggest thing we really felt like after reflecting was that our third downs have got to get better. We haven't helped the team because we've been getting off the field way too quickly. In the second half (against Denver) to go four three-and-outs, that's not acceptable."

dam he is smart

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:
Palmer said there are a few instances of players leaving to be with family _ defensive tackle Richard Seymour, excused for personal reasons Wednesday,
typically goes home to South Carolina _ but that most players aren't going anywhere.

Sorry but i can't. Seymour is gettig paid a whole lot and every time i hear about a guy being excused from team activities, he's included. What is he being paid to do exactly?
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Quote:

Sorry but i can't. Seymour is gettig paid a whole lot and every time i hear about a guy being excused from team activities, he's included. What is he being paid to do exactly?

15 snaps a game Laughing
waste of space and money

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“I said all offseason, all camp, I believed in this scheme,” defensive back Michael Huff said. “So, it doesn’t really have nothing to do with the scheme of things. It’s just us players aren’t really executing when we need to. The playmakers aren’t making plays when we have to. For us, the players have to step up and make more plays.”

Quote:
Oakland has allowed opponents to complete 71.5 percent of their passes — higher than any team has done in NFL history for a full season — and is allowing a franchise-worst 411.5 yards per game.

really?

next up atl and their wr group Sad Laughing Sad

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:

Last edited by NCOUGHMAN on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Quote:
"You can say, 'screw it, I'm going to Vegas and party for four days,' but that's not what this team is about," Palmer said. "Most of the guys are sticking around and are going to come in and work out."

good to hear

Quote:

Quote:
When asked what the Raiders accomplished during the week, offensive coordinator Greg Knapp said, "Real good evaluation on scheme. We have shown to our offensive players our studies on our run game, on our third downs and the red zone.

"The biggest thing we really felt like after reflecting was that our third downs have got to get better. We haven't helped the team because we've been getting off the field way too quickly. In the second half (against Denver) to go four three-and-outs, that's not acceptable."

dam he is smart

All WRS healthy is fantastic news. I'm sick of seeing Rod Streater and Derek Hagan so much. I know everyone loves those two, but we need DHB and Moore starting badly.

Its encouraging to see Allen recognizes, acknowledges, and focusing on our biggest problems. Yea, they are obvious- I mean, all of us know it so he damn well better- but its nice to see a HC admit our issues and dedicate this extra time to fixing it. Seems like the past staffs would rather ignore our issues, from coaching all the way up to Mr. Davis.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:

Its encouraging to see Allen recognizes, acknowledges, and focusing on our biggest problems. Yea, they are obvious- I mean, all of us know it so he damn well better- but its nice to see a HC admit our issues and dedicate this extra time to fixing it. Seems like the past staffs would rather ignore our issues, from coaching all the way up to Mr. Davis.

That's great but it doesn't fill me with a lot of optimism knowig Knapp is the guy supposed to find a solution to this problem.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Quote:

good to hear

Quote:

Quote:

dam he is smart

All WRS healthy is fantastic news. I'm sick of seeing Rod Streater and Derek Hagan so much. I know everyone loves those two, but we need DHB and Moore starting badly.

knapp said that.

da said:

Quote:
“We’re going to evaluate everything,” Allen said. “We’re not going to stick our head in the sand. We’re going to evaluate everything and see what things we need to improve on and where we can get better, and there’s a lot of things that go into that. And we’re going to go from A to Z. We got a lot of getting better to do, and that’s what we plan on doing.”

“There’s a lot of different things that are involved in it,” Allen said. “When you’re chasing points you’re not able to run the ball consistently and therefore you’re not able to run the ball effectively. There’s a lot of factors that go into that and are involved in that, and that’s what we got to do this bye week.”

when you only score 6tds in 4 games you will more than likely be chasing Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
uncraiders20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Quote:

good to hear

Quote:

Quote:

dam he is smart

Not sure why you would be sick of hagan. He is a good wr that deserves playing time. Never complains or asks for the ball. he goes out there and does his job and is reliable. he may not be a flashy wide receiver, but he is a good talent and fits a west coast scheme well. i think hagan will get better as the year goes on, especially seen as he was signed right before the season started and didn't go through camp with us
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uncraiders20 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Quote:

good to hear

Quote:

Quote:

dam he is smart

Not sure why you would be sick of hagan. He is a good wr that deserves playing time. Never complains or asks for the ball. he goes out there and does his job and is reliable. he may not be a flashy wide receiver, but he is a good talent and fits a west coast scheme well. i think hagan will get better as the year goes on, especially seen as he was signed right before the season started and didn't go through camp with us

I knew someone would resound to that. Theres nothing wrong with Hagan... as a 3rd or 4th WR. He has no business starting in the NFL. I appreciate his play, but when Derek Hagan is starting for your team, you have issues. I'm not saying DHB or Moore are great, but they are much better than Hagan and I'm excited to see them on the field at the same time again.

La_Vader wrote:
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

That's great but it doesn't fill me with a lot of optimism knowig Knapp is the guy supposed to find a solution to this problem.

True, but it gives me a little glimmer of hope seeing as it has seemed like Knapp hadn't even tried to fix anything thus far.

La_Vader wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/10/06/oakland-raiders-need-this-bye-week-more-than-anyone/

Oakland Raiders Injury Report from Week Four:

Probable:

* TE David Ausberry – Shoulder
* DB Michael Huff – Knee
* K Sebastian Janikowski – Left Groin
* DT Tommy Kelly – Knee
* RB Darren McFadden – Shoulder
* OL Alex Parson – Shoulder
* DT Richard Seymour – Knee

Questionable:

* RB Mike Goodson – Hamstring
* TE Brandon Myers – Concussion
* WR Rod Streeter – Eye/Neck

Doubtful:

* WR Darrius Heyward-Bey – Concussion/Neck

Out:

* T Khalif Barnes – Groin
* TE Richard Gordon – Hamstring
* CB Shawntae Spencer – Foot

Quote:
One has to think though that the injuries to both McFadden and Goodson were a bit more serious than originally let on.

Confused not again

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the myers concussion and gordon out i wonder if ausberry gets more reps

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tickets to the Atlanta game and I think I will forego it in favor of taking my girlfriend to get a pumpkin for halloween.

This game is going to be a savage beating. I feel like I would be punishing myself to show up and watch it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
I have tickets to the Atlanta game and I think I will forego it in favor of taking my girlfriend to get a pumpkin for halloween.

This game is going to be a savage beating. I feel like I would be punishing myself to show up and watch it.

Or you can miss a turning point. Best team in the NFL with weapons everywhere in the passing game against the worst CB unit in the league. Maybe we get overlooked.

I would expect Seymour will have his best game of the season in his hometown with his family there. Not to mention Carter in the mix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: