Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What were the Best/Worst series finales of a T.V. program?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samgurl775

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Hate Me wrote:
Roseanne for worst?
Came in here to say this. One of my favorite shows ever, but the last season and finale were a disaster.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual episode of the Sopranos was good but they way it ended pissed me off so much.

What was so great about Six Feet Under? The montage at the end was pretty neat but I didn't see anything special.

Best off the top of my head Dawson's Creek and The Wonder Years.

Free Ray Rice
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simpsons is still running i thought?

seinfield ended with them all in jail right? thought they setting up the movie
3. Cordarelle Patterson
Past Successes: Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith
Future Successes: Sammy Watkins, Rueban Randle
Past Failures:
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never understood why people hated Seinfeld so much...the show really was about nothing, I loved the ending

Like not to derail the thread too much but what would you guys have wanted as the Seinfeld finale??

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
tinoynk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
I never understood why people hated Seinfeld so much...the show really was about nothing, I loved the ending

Like not to derail the thread too much but what would you guys have wanted as the Seinfeld finale??

Like I said in my post, I loved the idea. The premise of the show eventually became them just screwing over people every week, but for the most part not suffering any serious repercussions (considering the fact their actions cause people to get fired, relationships to end, and even people to die). So for the entire finale to basically be all those people getting their comeuppance, that was a great idea. But for whatever reason it didn't really come together that well, not sure if I could really put my finger on why.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:

Like I said in my post, I loved the idea. The premise of the show eventually became them just screwing over people every week, but for the most part not suffering any serious repercussions (considering the fact their actions cause people to get fired, relationships to end, and even people to die). So for the entire finale to basically be all those people getting their comeuppance, that was a great idea. But for whatever reason it didn't really come together that well, not sure if I could really put my finger on why.

The movie never happened would be my guess.

#JDI
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:

Something like the episode when Jerry goes to California tobring Kramer back andat the very end he just threw him his keys back to him when he showed up in NY like nothing had happened. Like no matter what happens, the nothing goes ever on, that's life. Something like that would have been perfect for Seinfeld.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
tinoynk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:

Something like the episode when Jerry goes to California tobring Kramer back andat the very end he just threw him his keys back to him when he showed up in NY like nothing had happened. Like no matter what happens, the nothing goes ever on, that's life. Something like that would have been perfect for Seinfeld.

Yea at the same time I feel like that would have been kind of predictable. A lot of sitcoms end that way (like Cheers I think). Larry David has so much balls as a writer that if they were going to bring him back for the finale after two years of being away, it was going to be something crazy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Worst: The Simpsons

Huh?????? The Simpsons is still on.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
MonserinNC wrote:

Exactly. It wasn't so much about the premise of the finale, it was in the lack of execution. For whatever reason, it just didn't work.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
The actual episode of the Sopranos was good but they way it ended pissed me off so much.

What was so great about Six Feet Under? The montage at the end was pretty neat but I didn't see anything special.

I suppose that would depend on your overall feelings towards the show, but for me it wasn't just about the montage that everyone raves about at the end. The writing throughout the series is by far the best of any TV series that I've watched IMO, and everything just comes together so perfectly in that finale. And without getting into specific spoilers, particularly thanks to the events that take place in the penultimate episode. It's somewhat hard to explain, but I feel as though everything throughout the series is building towards those final scenes and moments, and upon its arrival it ultimately leads to a tour de force of emotion. At least for me anyways. It was really, really well-done and executed too.

Six Feet Under is also my favorite show, so I'm admittedly somewhat biased.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Apodrocks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Worst: The Simpsons

ARE YOU FROM 2046????

^Packerbacker87 on the sig, thanks!
roger murdock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best - The Wire

Worst - LOST - definitely the worst episode of TV I have ever seen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There arent many finales I dont like.... (spoiler free)

Best
The Wire - Epically tied everything together. Perfect ending to perfect show.

Fresh Prince - Emotional, sad, funny...great way to end.

Arrested Development - Left everything wide open and didnt deviate from what they do well by forcing things or trying to hard to bring closure, like Seinfeld did.

Prison Break - The finale episiode wasnt that great, but the

Scrubs - I mean the REAL finale...not counting the abortion called season 9. Seriously...just an amazing AMAZING ending in perfect Scrubs fashion.

Worst
Seinfeld - Says alot since I love every single episode EXCEPT the finale. Honestly didnt even feel like an episode of Seinfeld. The actors seemed like they were trying too hard and the story was trash. Just a sad day in TV history. Fortunately, Curb Your Enthusiasm kind of made up for it.

Lost - Entire show was overrated, so whatever.

Entourage - I really wanted to like this, but the more I think about it, the more I hate it.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I suppose that would depend on your overall feelings towards the show, but for me it wasn't just about the montage that everyone raves about at the end. The writing throughout the series is by far the best of any TV series that I've watched IMO, and everything just comes together so perfectly in that finale. And without getting into specific spoilers, particularly thanks to the events that take place in the penultimate episode. It's somewhat hard to explain, but I feel as though everything throughout the series is building towards those final scenes and moments, and upon its arrival it ultimately leads to a tour de force of emotion. At least for me anyways. It was really, really well-done and executed too.

Six Feet Under is also my favorite show, so I'm admittedly somewhat biased.

For some reason, I keep getting this show mixed up with Dead Like Me.

Last edited by TheOsprey on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: