Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch a ton of KC games being from the area. Bowe is straight trash. They are calling him Mr. Garbage Time here because he only shows up when the game is out of reach. I'd rather take a guy in the 2nd who is younger, than a 28 year old selfish player.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Adopt A Viking: Brian Robison

GS: 9 TKLS: 15 SK: 3.0 FF: 0 FR: 1 TD: 1 PD: 2
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to know what they think of Wright and Childs. I mean we have hardly seen Wright on the field and Childs is gone for the year. Could our WR be an issue of the past if they get these guys on the field?
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
I watch a ton of KC games being from the area. Bowe is straight trash. They are calling him Mr. Garbage Time here because he only shows up when the game is out of reach. I'd rather take a guy in the 2nd who is younger, than a 28 year old selfish player.

I was trying to put it nicer, but I agree completely. Laughing

I think anyone who is even considering signing Bowe needs to actually watch him play. Don't look at the stats, look at his play. I have no problem (in this instance) with the Chiefs not locking him up long-term. He doesn't deserve it (although there are apparently some Chiefs' fans here in FF who think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread...they must be in rube-dom way too deep to realize who he actually is)

Thx to Uncle Buck!
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
I'm curious to know what they think of Wright and Childs. I mean we have hardly seen Wright on the field and Childs is gone for the year. Could our WR be an issue of the past if they get these guys on the field?

Wright is going to have some trouble getting on the field right now (possibly this season). We are doing well with the personel out there now. Marcus is doing a solid job at PR, and the WRs are adequate right now. I dont think he will be much of an upgrade to this this season (and he has not been given those opportunties thus far in games).

Childs unfortunately, we cant rely on him for future yet. We should be making personel moves in the offseason in the event he does not play, or cannot play to the level we'd hope for. Lets not pigeon hole ourselves to Bowe, but we should be looking at all avenues to add to the WR core. If Childs comes back to sufficient level, that would be great news for the organization and Childs as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, Childs and Wright basically have to be disregarded in terms of evaluating prospects at WR for next year. I like Wright as a backup WR and maybe a #4 WR at best. Childs is just too much of an unknown, but MN needs to find a WR in his mold and they cant assume Childs will be that guy.
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:

Bowe just wants out of KC, and has for at least a season or two. There was rumblings at one point of the Chiefs shipping him to Miami. A new change of scenery would do the trick, or at least that's what I believe.

He is a true number 1 WR and would give us a real threat opposite Simpson, with Harvin in the Slot. We're talking 2009 Vikings power there.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:

Bowe just wants out of KC, and has for at least a season or two. There was rumblings at one point of the Chiefs shipping him to Miami. A new change of scenery would do the trick, or at least that's what I believe.

That's exactly what was said about Terrell Owens in San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Dallas. If he'll want out of KC in a year or 2, he'll be unhappy anywhere he goes.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Frank Costello wrote:

That's exactly what was said about Terrell Owens in San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Dallas. If he'll want out of KC in a year or 2, he'll be unhappy anywhere he goes.

Completely agree. The dude is selfish. He has done nothing in his career to warrent the type of money he wants. He dropped tons of balls before he even started speaking out about a new contract.

You want a True #1 WR trade up to get him. We have an extra 3ed. We don't need another WR taking up cap space by doing nothing.

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Adopt A Viking: Brian Robison

GS: 9 TKLS: 15 SK: 3.0 FF: 0 FR: 1 TD: 1 PD: 2
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only circumstance id consider Bowe is if he took a cheap 3 year contract, maybe that would buy the Vikes time for Childs to step into the role or whatever WR is added in the draft. Obviously WR would be much less of a need, but you dont want to spend big bucks for a player who has mostly been underwhelming and for a player whose team has been reluctant to reward him with a new contract.

The draft is usually the best route to go for upgrading the WR position.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:

Funny, that's exactly what they said about Jared Allen in Kc also.

You really think a 2nd round pick will be as productive next year as a veteran WR?

And, to be clear, in my original post on signing free agents, I never mentioned Bowe once, my point remains that if this team wins 8 or 9 games, they should sign 1-2 free agents that can make an impact, to get over the hump while Allen and AP are healthy.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Steelers franchise Mike Wallace, would he be worth a 1st and 3rd?

As opposed to trading those picks to move up for a Justin Hunter or Keenan Allen? He is only 26, but his new contract would be weigh a lot more against the cap.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:

Wright is going to have some trouble getting on the field right now (possibly this season). We are doing well with the personel out there now. Marcus is doing a solid job at PR, and the WRs are adequate right now. I dont think he will be much of an upgrade to this this season (and he has not been given those opportunties thus far in games).

Childs unfortunately, we cant rely on him for future yet. We should be making personel moves in the offseason in the event he does not play, or cannot play to the level we'd hope for. Lets not pigeon hole ourselves to Bowe, but we should be looking at all avenues to add to the WR core. If Childs comes back to sufficient level, that would be great news for the organization and Childs as well.

Disregarding Wright and Childs, we have two WRs that should still be on the team next year: Harvin and Simpson. Neither Wright or Childs should be counted on as the third WR, so I think adding one WR this offseason to be that third guy is a MUST.

However, Bowe is not that guy either...
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, the only way I'd take Bowe is if we traded a low pick for him, and let him play a 1-2 year deal here. I'd also avoid Dez Bryant at this point. I've been saying for awhile Minnesota should go after him, but it looks clear that when he plays, he just doesn't get it. He may have all the tools to be a true #1 WR, but I don't know if he has all the other things that really make a WR a great one other than being a H/W/S product.

I'd rather upgrade the WR position through the draft.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think right now it's a toss up;

WR - We don't have a number #1 receiver on this team

MLB - Middle linebacker needs to be upgraded.

DT - Next to KWill or at least another big guy in the middle

S - Harrison Smith and ???
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
I think right now it's a toss up;

WR - We don't have a number #1 receiver on this team

MLB - Middle linebacker needs to be upgraded.

DT - Next to KWill or at least another big guy in the middle

S - Harrison Smith and ???

MLB - I think Brinkley has shown he can be a starter in this league, he has been great in run support and good enough in coverage. An upgrade would be nice, but its probably not a necessity.

The Vikings dont need a DT next to Kevin Williams, Letroy Guion is another player who has played well and has gotten the coaches attention. The Vikings do need a DT to replace Kevin WIlliams.

The Vikings need a WR, and could upgrade LG and S.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 22 of 103

Jump to: