Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts on Safety play so far?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on Safety play so far? Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Rahim Moore's play and Mike Adams' play so far this year?

I think it's been solid yet unspectacular. Adams is what we thought he was. does nothing to make him stick out. Which is good and bad. Rahim Moore has the most solo tackles on the team and hasn't made too many mistakes in coverage.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncospride95

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Safety play so far? Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
What do you guys think about Rahim Moore's play and Mike Adams' play so far this year?

I think it's been solid yet unspectacular. Adams is what we thought he was. does nothing to make him stick out. Which is good and bad. Rahim Moore has the most solo tackles on the team and hasn't made too many mistakes in coverage.

From what I've seen I think Moore is playing much better than Adams. For a veteran Adams has blown coverage more than you'd like to see and also dropped an INT gift-wrapped from Palmer. Moore hasn't messed up any coverages yet that I can remember this year. Overall, I'd say they've played solid overall and Adams only played poorly against the Texans from what I remember.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, its hard to gauge the secondary based on two players that werent starters for this team last year and playing for a new defensive coordinator. That being said, Ill play your little game:

Moore has really stepped up his play in terms of tackling but still shows some inexperience in the coverage part of his game. Rahim loves the big hit and I love that aspect about him. When we drafted him I was expecting a soft player who'll ballhawk like crazy. His play is starting to resemble a safety Fox had in Carolina: Charles Godfrey

Adams has been a little disappointing to me. I remember following the Browns a little last year (mainly because Im a quiet fan of Colt McCoy) and his play stood out a times. I havent seen the kind of play I was expecting. I think hes been pretty good in coverage at times but shows he lacks chemistry with the guys hes playing with. Im interested in seeing what he has in store as he continues to gain experience in a new defense and with new teammates.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
First off, its hard to gauge the secondary based on two players that werent starters for this team last year and playing for a new defensive coordinator. That being said, Ill play your little game:

Moore has really stepped up his play in terms of tackling but still shows some inexperience in the coverage part of his game. Rahim loves the big hit and I love that aspect about him. When we drafted him I was expecting a soft player who'll ballhawk like crazy. His play is starting to resemble a safety Fox had in Carolina: Charles Godfrey

Adams has been a little disappointing to me. I remember following the Browns a little last year (mainly because Im a quiet fan of Colt McCoy) and his play stood out a times. I havent seen the kind of play I was expecting. I think hes been pretty good in coverage at times but shows he lacks chemistry with the guys hes playing with. Im interested in seeing what he has in store as he continues to gain experience in a new defense and with new teammates.

I agree with you on Moore. Also, a bit dissapointed in Adams.

Seems to me Adams just has physical limitations that are really emphasized when he has a mental fart. Whats your take?
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have played a lot of 2 man under coverage this year, which means most teams haven't been able to go deep on us. The only exception was the Texans, where they purposely used running formations to take us out of 2 man under, and then hit behind Cover 1 off Play Action.

The last two weeks Mike Adams has been playing as a Nickel LB in our 3-3-5/3-2-6 lineup on obvious passing downs and playing man coverage vs the opposition TE. I thought he 'shared the spoils' with Owen Daniels and actually got the better of Brandon Myers on Sunday (not watched all 22 yet though).

I have actually been impressed with Rahim Moore. When you are playing 2 man under as a Safety, it is key you don't sell yourself to a route too early and keep everything in front of you. The normal route combination to test a deep Safety in this scenario is a go route from the outside WR with a post route from the slot WR. This puts pressure on the Safety on which route to stay on top of, and the key is to split the two routes as long as possible. I think Moore has been good at this so far this year, but it certainly helps when you pressure the QB like we can from our Nickel and Dime.

As the year goes on teams are going to figure out a way to attack our 2 man under coverage, so I am intrigued to see how Adams and Moore play when they have to play more shallow in Cover 1/Cover 3.

MUFC OK
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st thing is these guys need to start hanging onto them ints Rahim could of had atleast 3 by now hopefully soon they will start sticking!

2nd i wouldnt mind if we gave jim lehnoard a few plays at safety instead of adams dont really like what adams has brought to the table in the last few games in pass coverage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safety play has been much improved, Adams was awful against the Texans and his his gift wrapped pick he dropped last week. Moore has been much better this season it's too bad we lost Carter though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruzp23 wrote:
1st thing is these guys need to start hanging onto them ints Rahim could of had atleast 3 by now hopefully soon they will start sticking!

2nd i wouldnt mind if we gave jim lehnoard a few plays at safety instead of adams dont really like what adams has brought to the table in the last few games in pass coverage

Oh you'll mind when you see him play safety.

The only time I've found myself cursing the safety play this year has been during the Houston game where they bit non stop on play action. I guess if there's a team to cheat up against the run on its Houston though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: