Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Film Room
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darbsk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Raiders Film Room Reply with quote

Didn't know where to put this so i thought it'd be good if we could have a topic where people could put clips of games so we could disect and discuss..........

Dolphins v Raiders (pass defence and the TD runs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7884c2PgIO0

Suprised after re-watching quite how often we blitzed and put pressure on Tannehill, in fairness he didn't panic getting the ball out. Bryant looked good when he was in but Kelly was anonymous although he did have a few double teams.

McClain looks awfully slow and the one blitz he just seemed to jog into, the last TD run he looks lost out there Crying or Very sad

The coverage by our DBs were poor at times and our tackling was terrible. All 3 runs and the Fasano TD were mostly due to terrible angles and/or terrible tackling.

What do you guys see??????
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are going to blitz linebackers then we have to blitz Burris or Wheeler. Although not sure I see much point in even doing that. At the moment we've none of our DL commanding double teams so opposition OL will mostly have a free OL to block not to mention TE or runing back. Can't expect our linebackers to beat an OL block and make it to the QB in a quick time.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
If we are going to blitz linebackers then we have to blitz Burris or Wheeler. Although not sure I see much point in even doing that. At the moment we've none of our DL commanding double teams so opposition OL will mostly have a free OL to block not to mention TE or runing back. Can't expect our linebackers to beat an OL block and make it to the QB in a quick time.

Let me guess. That's Kelly's fault. When in doubt, blame it on Kelly.

Ok, seriously now, our blitzes aren't effective at all and from an outsider's opinion the main reason is they're so obvious to the opposing offenses that they don't get confused at all.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Ok, seriously now, our blitzes aren't effective at all and from an outsider's opinion the main reason is they're so obvious to the opposing offenses that they don't get confused at all.

I don't really blame Kelly for being a crap DT, it's mainly the coaches fault for picking the players(same with Seymour). At the end of the day if neither of your DT can command double teams then your linebackers will really struggle to get pressure.

Our blitz aren't effective because we have average blitzers who get no help from our Dline.

Last edited by Raidin on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

I don't really blame Kelly for being a crap DT, it's mainly the coaches fault for picking the players. At the end of the day if neither of your DT can command double teams then your linebackers will really struggle to get pressure.

Our blitz aren't effective because we have players who are poor are blitzing.

also i dont see any pass rushing moves esp from our de's. no spin moves, swim moves or club moves. nothing, just strait up bull rushes.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
<Our blitz aren't effective because we have players who are poor are blitzing.

How can you say that? McClain is a great player because he had 5 sacks last year. Right?
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

How can you say that? McClain is a great player because he had 5 sacks last year. Right?

You're right. It's actually because we have a DL who are garabage. Our linebackers aren't excellent at it but they stand no chance with the crap in front of them.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

You're right. It's actually because we have a DL who are garabage. Our linebackers aren't excellent at it but they stand no chance with the crap in front of them.

LOL is all i can say. Get over it already, we've all been wrong about a player before. McClain isn't what you thought he was, it isn"t a big deal.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

LOL is all i can say. Get over it already, we've all been wrong about a player before. McClain isn't what you thought he was, it isn"t a big deal.

+1. I'm tired of the 'Rolando Jogathon' which is in full effect Sundays. The Dline isn't responsible for him being slow in coverage and chasing ball carriers.

Typical high draft pick. People will make excuses for him until he's cut. If he was a 3rd/4th round pick, people would be calling for him to be benched. Guy is just an average player on a good day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Oh so this is about McCLain? I never said McClain was great because he had 5 sacks, I never even said he was great. I just disagree that he's as terrible as everyone makes him out to be. Must have upset you cos I went after your boy Kelly. Laughing
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

Oh so this is about McCLain? I never said McClain was great because he had 5 sacks, I never even said he was great. I just disagree that he's as terrible as everyone makes him out to be. Must have upset you cos I went after your boy Kelly. Laughing

So that's what it's gonna come down to. No doubt i'll keep Kelly over McClain . But we can get rid of both as far as i'm concerned.
holyghost

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

He sucks bro. It's a sad thing to accept. Another busted high first rounder.
It don't even matter why, or how, or how much. If he was a true impact player he'd at least flash occasionally with some sort of plays.... I mean, how good can the guy be if he literally never made one impact play yet for us? You can put two toddlers at DT, and a great player will at least make one play now and then on his own...
So it's so clear by now he is just not that guy we hoped for.

The whole front seven sucks pretty good right now. Whatever pieces that are working are not as good as we want to believe they are (Wheeler, Shaughnessey, Houston, Burris), and the rest are way less than we expected or like to think they are (Seymour, Kelly, McClain).

No more overrating these guys. When you're best one is a 1 year cheap contract castoff from a bad cover 2 defense, you're up the creek without a paddle. That's our reality here.
Who is to blame isn't even relevant any more. Who ISN'T to blame for this pile?!?

Last edited by holyghost on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

So that's what it's gonna come down to. No doubt i'll keep Kelly over McClain . But we can get rid of both as far as i'm concerned.

I was just wondering what they sly dig about McClain was about.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:

He sucks bro. It's a sad thing to accept. Another busted high first rounder.
It don't even matter why, or how, or how much. If he was a true impact player he'd at least flash occasionally with some sort of plays.... I mean, how good can the guy be if he literally never made one impact play yet for us? You can put two toddlers at DT, and a great player will at least make one play now and then on his own...
So it's so clear by now he is just not that guy we hoped for.

The whole front seven sucks pretty good right now. Whatever pieces that are working are not as good as we want to believe they are (Wheeler, Shaughnessey, Houston, Burris), and the rest are way less than we expected or like to think they are (Seymour, Kelly, McClain).

No more overrating these guys. When you're best one is a 1 year cheap contract castoff from a bad cover 2 defense, you're up the creek without a paddle. That's our reality here.
Who is to blame isn't even relevant any more. Who ISN'T to blame for this pile?!?

I disagree with that he sucks. He's an average MLB in the nfl, probably potential to be above average in a 3-4.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Raidin wrote:

I don't really blame Kelly for being a crap DT, it's mainly the coaches fault for picking the players(same with Seymour). At the end of the day if neither of your DT can command double teams then your linebackers will really struggle to get pressure.

Our blitz aren't effective because we have average blitzers who get no help from our Dline.

Kelly isn't quite crap but he definitely ISN'T a NT. I said it all offseason and Kelly said he didn't want to be a NT. Besides becareful how you talk about oakdb36's cuzzo. I would think TK's play would be indefensible after the Monday night against SD but I guess he had absolutely NOTHING to do with surrendering the only TD of the game, irrc? /smh

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: