Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs TE Kevin Boss out for the season

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39847
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Chiefs TE Kevin Boss out for the season Reply with quote

Quote:
#Chiefs lost TE Kevin Boss for the season due to concussion issues.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/253522949162815488
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HiccupGuy


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1964
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, I liked the guy. Guess he is done as a Chiefs too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5755
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks. I can see us putting another draft pick into the position. But instead, I'm sure we'll just call up old Anthony Becht and play the rotating TE game again. Rather than addressing the obvious elephant in the room.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KCDiehard88


Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Posts: 3127
Location: Southwest MO
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this is highly unfortunate. Boss was really impressing me and I hope he can bounce back from this. Others have mentioned his concussion past, so he may be done. Either way I really think we need to address the TE position in the upcoming draft. One of the Stanford TE's (Ertz or Toilolo) would be awesome.

On a second note I really don't want to see any more of JOC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arrowhead86


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 4313
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heard by neighbors of Pioli

"HOOOOORAAAY!! TE IN THE 2013 DRAFT!!!!"

sigh. Crying or Very sad
_________________
Throw to score! Run to win!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefs_5627


Joined: 26 Dec 2007
Posts: 3060
Location: 'sconi
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And with that they sign BRYAN KEHL. Cant say i followed him or his career very closely. Confused
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4087
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Chiefs TE Kevin Boss out for the season Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
#Chiefs lost TE Kevin Boss for the season due to concussion issues.


http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/253522949162815488


I guess me and Ryk's Dwayne Allen idea wasn't so bad after all. OF course, it wouldn't really make a difference until someone besdies # 7 is throwing.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Piquel


Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 532
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellen Winslow Jr? I hear NE is done with him Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18555
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piquel wrote:
Kellen Winslow Jr? I hear NE is done with him Rolling Eyes


I don't want him. He doesn't have any desire to work
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arrowhead86


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 4313
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Piquel wrote:
Kellen Winslow Jr? I hear NE is done with him Rolling Eyes


I don't want him. He doesn't have any desire to work


He requested his release from NE because his body (knees) cannot take it. NE granted it. That said.. don't want him either lol.
_________________
Throw to score! Run to win!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22240
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunate. This is what I was trying to tell KC fans about him. He's a concussion liability.

I was sad to see him leave Oakland because he's a good guy and player, but it made sense because of his concussion risk.

Hope he come back healthy. When concussions get this serious, it might be time to say enough.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ring of Fame


Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 512
Location: Lawrence, KS via KCMO
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Unfortunate. This is what I was trying to tell KC fans about him. He's a concussion liability.

I was sad to see him leave Oakland because he's a good guy and player, but it made sense because of his concussion risk.

Hope he come back healthy. When concussions get this serious, it might be time to say enough.


To suggest Boss' concussion history played a role in his injury this season is garbage.

Every player in the league is a concussion risk when safeties drive an elbow into the side of your helmet while you're making a catch over the middle.

The hit on Boss was malicious and unnecessary and it is unfortunately what is being lost in this whole situation. I know the Bills offender was fined, but that hit was bush league and negligent. Absolutely no place in this game for that and yet it's a hit that is coached.


.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6557
Location: SC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring of Fame wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Unfortunate. This is what I was trying to tell KC fans about him. He's a concussion liability.

I was sad to see him leave Oakland because he's a good guy and player, but it made sense because of his concussion risk.

Hope he come back healthy. When concussions get this serious, it might be time to say enough.


To suggest Boss' concussion history played a role in his injury this season is garbage.

Every player in the league is a concussion risk when safeties drive an elbow into the side of your helmet while you're making a catch over the middle.

The hit on Boss was malicious and unnecessary and it is unfortunately what is being lost in this whole situation. I know the Bills offender was fined, but that hit was bush league and negligent. Absolutely no place in this game for that and yet it's a hit that is coached.


.


RofF,
Not true. When a player has multiple concussions the opportunity for serious long term damage to the brain increases substantially. My former neighbor used to play linebacker for the Eagles and he had several concussions (along with several other injuries) and eventually was too much of an injury risk for teams to even look at him - and this was before the whole concussion media attention.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
footy_29


Joined: 31 Jan 2007
Posts: 11397
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs_5627 wrote:
And with that they sign BRYAN KEHL. Cant say i followed him or his career very closely. Confused


Should have been kept by the Redskins over Chris Wilson, in my opinion. Kehl had a strong pre-season, and he is a solid special teamer.

A good pick-up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10879
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Chiefs_5627 wrote:
And with that they sign BRYAN KEHL. Cant say i followed him or his career very closely. Confused


Should have been kept by the Redskins over Chris Wilson, in my opinion. Kehl had a strong pre-season, and he is a solid special teamer.

A good pick-up.

Yeah, didn't know Kehl, but he made a big ST's pinning them deep at one point in the game. He's got to be better then Becht.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group