Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Postgame Thread: Chicago @ Dallas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYDC4life wrote:
Quick ? Has our Offense come out in a 3 TE set or a 4 wide set this yr ?

I don't think I've seen us ever utilize a 3 TE set...and I think we've run a 4 receiver set maybe once

^^^Deadpulse
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see the cowboys go no huddle for the first 3 quarters. Keep the defense on the field and from making substitutions by calling the plays on the LOS. Don't give the offensive players time to think... Only to react. Pretend like every drive is a 2 minute drill.

NYDC4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:

I don't think I've seen us ever utilize a 3 TE set...and I think we've run a 4 receiver set maybe once

I would like for us to bust these formations out. I like our TE's and I would like to see Harris and Beastly more. We could use more quickness inside to beat the heat.

Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see the cowboys go no huddle for the first 3 quarters. Keep the defense on the field and from making substitutions by calling the plays on the LOS. Don't give the offensive players time to think... Only to react. Pretend like every drive is a 2 minute drill.

That would be nice...it does seem as though we are most effective when running the no huddle.

^^^Deadpulse
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYDC4life wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:

I would like for us to bust these formations out. I like our TE's and I would like to see Harris and Beastly more. We could use more quickness inside to beat the heat.

I'd love to see Hanna get more looks. I know his blocking isn't the best, but his hands are pretty damn amazing. He reminds me of Novacek in a way.

^^^Deadpulse
NYDC4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

It does look like when our offense is in a hurry up, we flourish moving the ball between the 20's. I wouldn't mind it.

It's the redzone that is scaring the ish out of me. We can't score for ish, and I know the TO's are killing us, but damn, can we run for a TD more than once every 6 games in the redzone. It's unbelievable!

NYDC4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:

I'd love to see Hanna get more looks. I know his blocking isn't the best, but his hands are pretty damn amazing. He reminds me of Novacek in a way.

Yup, playaction with Witten, Phillips and Hanna, plus Dez on the outside,I like it.

I wanted to post this in the JG thread, but I'll do it here. JG needs to be more deceptive in his formations. I know TSSS was mentioning this, and I agree 100%. He needs to have the opposing defense think more and guess, than know.

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYDC4life wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:

Yup, playaction with Witten, Phillips and Hanna, plus Dez on the outside,I like it.

I wanted to post this in the JG thread, but I'll do it here. JG needs to be more deceptive in his formations. I know TSSS was mentioning this, and I agree 100%. He needs to have the opposing defense think more and guess, than know.

Honestly...I don't think that is possible.

The biggest issue with this team offensively, in my opinion, is the lack of football IQ our skilled players have. When Romo CONSTANTLY needs to point, redirect, remind, explain what the play is or should be - it takes up time.

The reason I like when we run no huddle is because it removes a lot of thought from our offense and puts the onus on Romo. If our players have had trouble understanding the playbook - how exactly would adding more unique formations help?

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
NYDC4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:

Honestly...I don't think that is possible.

The biggest issue with this team offensively, in my opinion, is the lack of football IQ our skilled players have. When Romo CONSTANTLY needs to point, redirect, remind, explain what the play is or should be - it takes up time.

The reason I like when we run no huddle is because it removes a lot of thought from our offense and puts the onus on Romo. If our players have had trouble understanding the playbook - how exactly would adding more unique formations help?

Dez IMO is the only one out of the skillset players lacking in the membrane. Hanna, Beastly, Harris and Phillips seem to have football membranes. We need to see if these players can contribute to this season and help this O.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYDC4life wrote:

Dez IMO is the only one out of the skillset players lacking in the membrane. Hanna, Beastly, Harris and Phillips seem to have football membranes. We need to see if these players can contribute to this season and help this O.

Part of the reason K.O.Tree was in doubt of making the team was because of his repeated failures to grasp the play book.

Beasly and Hanna are also rookies - so right or wrong Romo (who has had to carry this team) has no tangible confidence in them.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for trying new wrinkles. But we need players to execute first. The first half play calling was fine last night - in fact in the chat I was praising it. Take away the awful drops and miscues on the players and we were taking their vaunted defense to task. But if these players have shown a history of being suspect when it comes to understanding the playbook as well as a decisively poor execution rate...I question the effectiveness of switching much up.

In Redball I Trust!
NYDC4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:

Part of the reason K.O.Tree was in doubt of making the team was because of his repeated failures to grasp the play book.

Beasly and Hanna are also rookies - so right or wrong Romo (who has had to carry this team) has no tangible confidence in them.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for trying new wrinkles. But we need players to execute first. The first half play calling was fine last night - in fact in the chat I was praising it. Take away the awful drops and miscues on the players and we were taking their vaunted defense to task. But if these players have shown a history of being suspect when it comes to understanding the playbook as well as a decisively poor execution rate...I question the effectiveness of switching much up.

T07, IMO I think the players understand the plays, but in many instances they lack the focus and concentration. I'm with you, I thought the play calling was.working well until the players started f'ing up.

With the rookies Hanna and Beastly( Harris as well) IMO I think they can contribute right now. JG needs to increase their work load, IMO.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYDC4life wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
NYDC4life wrote:

T07, IMO I think the players understand the plays, but in many instances they lack the focus and concentration. I'm with you, I thought the play calling was.working well until the players started f'ing up.

With the rookies Hanna and Beastly( Harris as well) IMO I think they can contribute right now. JG needs to increase their work load, IMO.

I am all about playing the hot hand. And no ones hand was hotter than Beasley. As far as I am concerned - bring about the era of Beastlyality! (oh...okay now I made it awkward).

In Redball I Trust!
Northland

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Guys, take this for what it's worth... I just got off the phone with a person I know and trust whose son is a sports writer for the Albuquerque Journal. The son was invited by Stephen Jones into their suite for the game. Again, I did not speak to the son... so I'm hearing it second hand based on what the son told the father. I'm sorry if this sounds like a BTA story. I wouldn't post it if I didn't believe the dad.

He said that Jerry and Stephen were both irate yesterday and there was pretty much silence in the both in the 4th quarter to the point that it was uncomfortable to sit there in the same room. What allegedly set them off like that?

Stephen told Jerry something to the effect of... "Now you see why I wanted an offensive coordinator. Everybody knows our plays and schemes. We are easy to defend; we've been running the exact same thing since Jason got here." Allegedly, Jerry was fuming that he got called out by Stephen.

I asked the dad if his son would write a story about it cause I'd love to read it. He said no because he would be a breach of professional courtesy as an invitee of Stephen. Take it for what it's worth, but I wouldn't be surprised if we start hearing about getting an OC at the end of the year.

Slam taking this for what it is worth, it would be nice to think that Stephen is trying to assert more of a role or control with respect to the club. My concern is can you really see Jerry relenting and in this case hiring an OC? That would be an admission that Jerry was wrong, and that man, whether you love him or hate him, has an enormous ego. Admitting to being wrong is the last thing Jerry wants to do even if the on field product is tanking.
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed a few members writing off Romo in the first few pages. I think he is off to a terrible start, but you can't place that all on one person. There is plenty of blame to go around. The stat line is atrocious through 3 weeks, but I think we all know not to take that as the 'end all be all' by now. I have a feeling he bounces back and posts his typical per game numbers from now to season's end.

Honest question, and I hope no1 takes offens... Would you trade Romo for Eli right now if you could?
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
I noticed a few members writing off Romo in the first few pages. I think he is off to a terrible start, but you can't place that all on one person. There is plenty of blame to go around. The stat line is atrocious through 3 weeks, but I think we all know not to take that as the 'end all be all' by now. I have a feeling he bounces back and posts his typical per game numbers from now to season's end.

Honest question, and I hope no1 takes offens... Would you trade Romo for Eli right now if you could?

Eli would be ineffective in this offense.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: