Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT:@Colts (Jeff Saturday's revenge)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Packershine50


Joined: 28 May 2009
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's real simple...Bears beat the Colts...We embarrased the Bears...we more than embarrass the Colts.

Seriously though I like the Colts and they should be good in a couple years and my prayers go out to their head coach and family.

Having said that though Rodgers in a dome=BELT.

Predator in a dome on turf=more than beast and I'll say over on the post of O/U 1.5 sacks.

I'll say 42-13 for the simple fact Rodgers gets to wear his favorite shoes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoneWithTheWind


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 1319
Location: Planet Namek
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts certainly have some offensive line issues and need some issues on defense but they're really not that far off. This game will be closer then you think.

Packers 34
Colts 24
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pack4life7


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 3228
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
The Colts certainly have some offensive line issues and need some issues on defense but they're really not that far off. This game will be closer then you think.

Packers 34
Colts 24


I could definitely see it. Not sure about the health of Freeney but if the Colts harass Rodgers and M3 ignores the running game our Offense has shown it can be shut down. That being said I think we've learned our lesson and Benson will get a lot of touches early resulting in our Offense moving the ball quite easily.

As for the Defense goes who knows which one is going to show up.
_________________
Ted brought us Clay

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo


Same Old Jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13864
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have read this take a few times now and just don't understand it. I see marked improvement in this years defense from last year. Clearly they still have some bugs to work out and I bet they fall a bit short of the leagues elite this year. But they showed up. Thing is, so did the HOF QB that is Drew Brees. Man made some big boy throws in that game. Just need to take away some of the easy ones he made. As a group, playing hard though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
strat1080


Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 1888
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
I may be the only one who is worried about this game. Three-fold reasons.

1. I feel absolutely awful about Pagano. Leukemia, no matter how easy it is to cure, sucks. I feel that the Colts are going to come out with a little extra fire in their bellies, especially after the bye week, and are going to really be looking to take it to the Packers for their coach. Never underestimate a motivated team.

2. I am a little worried about Andrew Luck and the Colts D-Line. Capers seems adamant about playing a zone defense, and if our line doesn't put pressure on him I think that Luck could pick that zone apart. He's not Brees' level, but I would put him at Alex Smith level and he didn't seem to have any trouble with our zone.

I worry about the Colt's D-Line because the Seahawks showed that a simple four man rush could be all it takes to put pressure on Rodgers, and I think the Colts have the kind of talent to do that. If they get him on the run it could be a long day for our offense.

3. From what I hear the Vikings are a top 5 NFL team. Who is the one team to beat them? The Colts. Logic tells me that if the Colts can beat one of the best teams in the NFL, they should be able to do it to a team that may be considered top 15.

With all that being said, my prediction is Green Bay 34 Indy 13.


It wasn't just the front 4 for the Seahawks. There was nowhere for Rodgers to go with the ball. Those corners flat out destroyed our WRs. They were invisible.

And no. I don't think the Colts have the talent on DL. They have a damn good pair of edge rushers but as we've seen in the past. That really doesn't bother Rodgers. He has had some of his best games against teams that have a notorious tandem of edge rushers. Rodgers struggles against a team that can contain the edge but collapse the interior.

The Colts secondary isn't even in the same stratosphere as Seattle. While I think the Colts will get pressure at times on Rodgers I know that there are going to be blown assignments by the Colts secondary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
strat1080


Joined: 16 Apr 2010
Posts: 1888
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Have read this take a few times now and just don't understand it. I see marked improvement in this years defense from last year. Clearly they still have some bugs to work out and I bet they fall a bit short of the leagues elite this year. But they showed up. Thing is, so did the HOF QB that is Drew Brees. Man made some big boy throws in that game. Just need to take away some of the easy ones he made. As a group, playing hard though.


I agree. The Packers and Saints defenses were equally as inept last year. This year that just isn't the case for the Packers. The Saints haven't shown any improvement on defense but I think the Packers definitely have. The Packers were able to get some key stops and play solid red zone defense. Limiting the Saints to just two TDs in four trips to the red zone is a solid defensive performance. The Packers scored TDs in four out of five trips.

I think red zone defense is a key part of winning or losing football games. The Packers limited the Saints to 50% in the red zone while the Saints defense allowed the Packers to score a TD in 80% of their trips to the red zone, and really probably would have been five out of five if not for Rodgers getting poked in the eye. That was the difference in the game. Yes Brees threw for a bunch of yards but it took him 54 pass attempts to do so. He had 19 incompletions.

Simply looking at the yardage allowed to the Saints, it would appear the Packers haven't improved but I have definitely seen improvement. Jay Cutler with his new weapons would have torched last year's defense. The Saints put up 500 yards of offense on the 49ers in the playoffs last year. A defense considered by many to be the best in the NFL. The Packers already have half as many sacks as they had all last year.

We are starting a bunch of very young players on defense including multiple rookies. There are going to be growing pains. I think this defense will get better as the season goes along. It was completely different last year. That defense just got worse and worse as the season went on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8391
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Have read this take a few times now and just don't understand it. I see marked improvement in this years defense from last year. Clearly they still have some bugs to work out and I bet they fall a bit short of the leagues elite this year. But they showed up. Thing is, so did the HOF QB that is Drew Brees. Man made some big boy throws in that game. Just need to take away some of the easy ones he made. As a group, playing hard though.


I agree. The Packers and Saints defenses were equally as inept last year. This year that just isn't the case for the Packers. The Saints haven't shown any improvement on defense but I think the Packers definitely have. The Packers were able to get some key stops and play solid red zone defense. Limiting the Saints to just two TDs in four trips to the red zone is a solid defensive performance. The Packers scored TDs in four out of five trips.

I think red zone defense is a key part of winning or losing football games. The Packers limited the Saints to 50% in the red zone while the Saints defense allowed the Packers to score a TD in 80% of their trips to the red zone, and really probably would have been five out of five if not for Rodgers getting poked in the eye. That was the difference in the game. Yes Brees threw for a bunch of yards but it took him 54 pass attempts to do so. He had 19 incompletions.

Simply looking at the yardage allowed to the Saints, it would appear the Packers haven't improved but I have definitely seen improvement. Jay Cutler with his new weapons would have torched last year's defense. The Saints put up 500 yards of offense on the 49ers in the playoffs last year. A defense considered by many to be the best in the NFL. The Packers already have half as many sacks as they had all last year.

We are starting a bunch of very young players on defense including multiple rookies. There are going to be growing pains. I think this defense will get better as the season goes along. It was completely different last year. That defense just got worse and worse as the season went on.


And probably would have been 5 for 5 had Rodgers not gotten poked in the eye. That whole sequence of events changed that game big time - it was in effect a possible 14 point swing - and it took a solid drive in the 4th by Rodgers to secure the win.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ECPackers


Joined: 24 Oct 2010
Posts: 1133
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
ramonesfan wrote:
I may be the only one who is worried about this game. Three-fold reasons.

1. I feel absolutely awful about Pagano. Leukemia, no matter how easy it is to cure, sucks. I feel that the Colts are going to come out with a little extra fire in their bellies, especially after the bye week, and are going to really be looking to take it to the Packers for their coach. Never underestimate a motivated team.

2. I am a little worried about Andrew Luck and the Colts D-Line. Capers seems adamant about playing a zone defense, and if our line doesn't put pressure on him I think that Luck could pick that zone apart. He's not Brees' level, but I would put him at Alex Smith level and he didn't seem to have any trouble with our zone.

I worry about the Colt's D-Line because the Seahawks showed that a simple four man rush could be all it takes to put pressure on Rodgers, and I think the Colts have the kind of talent to do that. If they get him on the run it could be a long day for our offense.

3. From what I hear the Vikings are a top 5 NFL team. Who is the one team to beat them? The Colts. Logic tells me that if the Colts can beat one of the best teams in the NFL, they should be able to do it to a team that may be considered top 15.

With all that being said, my prediction is Green Bay 34 Indy 13.


It wasn't just the front 4 for the Seahawks. There was nowhere for Rodgers to go with the ball. Those corners flat out destroyed our WRs. They were invisible.

And no. I don't think the Colts have the talent on DL. They have a damn good pair of edge rushers but as we've seen in the past. That really doesn't bother Rodgers. He has had some of his best games against teams that have a notorious tandem of edge rushers. Rodgers struggles against a team that can contain the edge but collapse the interior.

The Colts secondary isn't even in the same stratosphere as Seattle. While I think the Colts will get pressure at times on Rodgers I know that there are going to be blown assignments by the Colts secondary.



lets not PRETEND that bruce irvin didn't press Bulaga's face mask/helmt off his head almost every single play, and it NEVER got called until 2nd half...they never had 1 more sack.
_________________
GREEN BAY PACKERS
JARRET BUSH IS MY BOY!
Brewers
Bucks
Badgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 12514
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^it's over and done with. Hopefully this team treats that loss as they treated the loss to Atlanta in 2010(different circumstances between the teams and all, but still - lost the game at the end and both games had questionable calls.

palmy50 wrote:
Just need to take away some of the easy ones he made. As a group, playing hard though.


Easier said than done, I'm guessing. Some of those third down completions ticked me off because Dom would completely change what he was doing(and what was working) to seemingly try something, only to see it backfire. QB's have made it look easy at times vs our 3rd down defense dating back to last year(Ok, maybe just good QB's but my point still stands). Honestly that is one of the only gripes I have with our defense.
_________________
@PJHotel_

Sig brought to you by Justo
incognito_man wrote:
i forewent football this thursday in lieu of Grey's Anatomy and a bottle of wine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9392
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

And probably would have been 5 for 5 had Rodgers not gotten poked in the eye. That whole sequence of events changed that game big time - it was in effect a possible 14 point swing - and it took a solid drive in the 4th by Rodgers to secure the win.


I would ammend that to say, "If Harrell never got in the game." I believe we could have scored with Cobb as a wildcat QB or even a direct snap to Kuhn or Benson. Harrell really is the worst player in the league.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13133
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there some 3rd QB rule? If Cobb comes in and Rodgers didn't ready then what? You send out Harrell and no one else can play QB the rest of the game. the way you get around it with the wildcat is if the QB is lined up at WR like most are and Aaron couldn't have been on the field.
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked

#FREEBARRINGTON
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10382
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Isn't there some 3rd QB rule? If Cobb comes in and Rodgers didn't ready then what? You send out Harrell and no one else can play QB the rest of the game. the way you get around it with the wildcat is if the QB is lined up at WR like most are and Aaron couldn't have been on the field.


The 3rd QB rule only applied to the QB that was part of the gameday "inactives" but suited up anyway. Teams basically got to dress their 3rd QB without him being part of the game day 45 man active roster. There is no 3rd QB rule anymore which has led to more and more teams not even carrying a 3rd QB on their roster.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 12799
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam gave us fits last year. I don't see this #1 pick giving us as much trouble. And with Pagano's terrible news, who knows what the state of the team is right now. Will they be prepared?

I hope this doesn't turn in to a trap game for us.
_________________

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13133
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
justo wrote:
Isn't there some 3rd QB rule? If Cobb comes in and Rodgers didn't ready then what? You send out Harrell and no one else can play QB the rest of the game. the way you get around it with the wildcat is if the QB is lined up at WR like most are and Aaron couldn't have been on the field.


The 3rd QB rule only applied to the QB that was part of the gameday "inactives" but suited up anyway. Teams basically got to dress their 3rd QB without him being part of the game day 45 man active roster. There is no 3rd QB rule anymore which has led to more and more teams not even carrying a 3rd QB on their roster.


Never mind.....ignore my post then Laughing
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked

#FREEBARRINGTON
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GBPACKMAN4LIFE


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 17854
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COLTS
Did not participate LB Pat Angerer (foot), CB Vontae Davis (ankle), CB Justin King (groin), G Seth Olsen (knee), G Joe Reitz (knee), LB Robert Mathis (ankle).
Limited participation RB Mewelde Moore (ankle), C Samson Satele (knee).
Full participation TE Coby Fleener (head), LB Dwight Freeney (ankle).

Colts could be without Davis and King. Davis is a starter (albeit a bad one), and King is the third/fourth corner. If those two are out, the Indianapolis CB group will consist of Jerraud Powers, Cassius Vaugn, Josh Gordy, and Darius Butler.
_________________

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 3 of 59

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group